TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

So Fast Lane question, I'm planning a trip in late September when the park is only open Fri, Sat, and Sun. which I guess is during the Halloween event. Are the Fast Lane passes available for purchase now for those dates just for the rides only and not any of the houses? I remember seeing various combinations of fast lane for houses and rides last year but I'm assuming the options for sale for those dates now includes rides only.

Also, hate to be that guy asking about crowds, but what can I expect Fridays and Saturdays late September? I'm defiantly getting Fast Lane for Saturday no doubt about that but can't decide if it's worth it on a Friday when the park is only open for 6 hours. Not even sure about going to the park on Friday since it's only open 6-12pm but the evening tickets a cheap enough we might drop in for a few hours. Depends how we feel after Jets @ Browns the night before haha.

^ From my experience the past 10 years or so, the earlier you go for HalloWeekend Fridays, the less crowded it is as there are often high school football games and other activities going on in the area. However, last season it did seem busier than usual. Your main waits will be the usual suspects- Maverick (30 minutes or so), Millennium Force (20 minutes or so), and as of last season, Valravn, which seemed to be in the 45-60 minute range. With Steel Vengeance opening this year, that could all change.

I always get a FastLane Plus when I visit. As I have become older and more bitter, even those wait times are too much for me.

2018 park map is out.

Link

If you look at the Lakeside Midway section in blue on the right side, it lists the "Lake side stage" in box H12, the previous location of the Stadium. I take it that some sort of stage will be built there and finished sometime in the Summer??

EDIT: Here we go

475209930_Screenshotfrom2018-04-2017-10-29.thumb.png.61424852969e8ef24476009a2780c422.png

Edited by CoasterInk

2018 park map is out.

Link

Does the park have a list of what is offered at each restaurant on the dining plan? I know the map and the website list restaurants where you can use it, but what exactly can you get with it?

2018 park map is out.

Link

If you look at the Lakeside Midway section in blue on the right side, it lists the "Lake side stage" in box H12, the previous location of the Stadium. I take it that some sort of stage will be built there and finished sometime in the Summer??

EDIT: Here we go

There was always a stage in that location underneath the stadium in front of fixed benches. I'm guessing they just decided to keep that part and maybe dress it up a bit. Perhaps so there isn't a giant void in the area while they are constructing whatever will go there.

1743669_orig.thumb.jpg.e18d50df6a8e6f2d726676ccddc63202.jpg

Cedar_Point_Extreme_Sports_Stadium_(4246).thumb.jpg.d914fb2647a27457555c96dcb1cc344f.jpg

I also have a fast lane question. I’m going to Cedar Point July 9 through the 13 and I’m staying at Hotel Breakers. I’m a platinum season pass holder so for the four days I’m there should I go get the fast lane plus? Curious how the crowds are like during the week after the 4th of July weekend? They also have a platinum pass holder ride night on Tuesday July 10 when I’m there on Steel Vengeance would that be the good day for a fast lane plus and is that event ERT after the park closes?

Edited by Lightning Rod

^ No advice other than Platinum pass holders (and the rest of your group if you have any) can pay the price for regular Fast Lane and get Fast Lane Plus but only if you buy it at the park (instead of online). This is only for Platinum and only at Cedar Point. You'll save a ton of money. As far as whether to get it or not depends on if you love waiting in lines or not :-P

^ No advice other than Platinum pass holders (and the rest of your group if you have any) can pay the price for regular Fast Lane and get Fast Lane Plus but only if you buy it at the park (instead of online). This is only for Platinum and only at Cedar Point. You'll save a ton of money. As far as whether to get it or not depends on if you love waiting in lines or not :-P

I want to make sure I understand that for my trip in August. We have platinum passes based out of Dorney, but your saying that if I wait until day of at CP I can get platinum fast pass for be price of regular?

^That's right. I believe they can only honor that deal if you buy in park. I would make sure you get there early and buy your passes the second you get inside the park. A lot of the shops sell them so you don't need to find a designated kiosk. Usually the lines in the shops are quicker anyways to get your passes.

Ok, now I’m starting to wish this whole conversation about family rides never happened...

Wish granted!

Oh, and BTW...

[attachment=0]Dbkr_BKU8AAJRk5.jpg[/attachment]

Follow along on our Twitter tomorrow!

saw that on your twitter feed on front page a little while ago, and immediately wished was there with y'all.

have a great time, and cannot wait to read all about it here!

Well, that was a waste of a half hour of my life putting together a well-constructed, thoughtful, and relevant post!

Man, I *WISH* I only wasted a half an hour on the stupid shit that was this thread for the past 10 pages... You'll thank me later in life when you get .01% of your sanity back. On the plus side, we ended up banning at least five idiots that the rest of us no longer have to put up with, so that's good, right?

Edited by robbalvey

Well, that was a waste of a half hour of my life putting together a well-constructed, thoughtful, and relevant post!

Man, I *WISH* I only wasted a half an hour on the stupid shit that was this thread for the past 10 pages... You'll thank me later in life when you get .01% of your sanity back. On the plus side, we ended up banning at least five idiots that the rest of us no longer have to put up with, so that's good, right?

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm glad it's all gone! I just wish I would have waited to post a little bit longer, and saved myself the time!

giphy.gif

It needed to happen, so much.

DILinator, you can tell me your thoughtful response on Friday when we go to actually ride this thing.

Excited to see what you think of it, Robb! Hope the weather cooperates for you guys tomorrow!