TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

That ride sign is absolutely fantastic! After calling it New Mean Streak for over a year now, the new name is finally starting to grow on me. CoasterMania can't get here fast enough!

^ Definitely! It's not a gamebreaker either way, but I do like the subtle mind games that come along with not having any "oh $h!t handle."

We call them "oh sh!t straps" in the horse world and it's a leather strap that attaches to the front of an English riding saddle, similar spot to a saddle horn on a cowboy's western saddle except it's low profile and doesn't stick up. My first RMC was Twisted Colossus last year with my coaster-crazy mom, brother, and sister-in-law. My brother and I were sitting in a row right behind my mom and SIL and he and I always ride hands-up all the way no matter what while my mom and SIL like to hold on with brief moments of hands up. I'll never forget the look on my SIL's face when she turned back to look at us at the very top of the lift hill and my mom quickly joined her, screaming "THERE'S ONLY 1 OH SH!T STRAP!!!!" as we flew down the first hill. Maybe you had to be there but it was really funny and we explained to my brother and his wife at the end that it was a horseback riding thing. Cracks me up to remember that!

This might be a stupid question and I apologize if it is, but with Fast Lane Plus, do i get to choose my seat on the coasters?

Not a stupid question at all as some parks don't let people with skip the line passes choose their own rows.

At Cedar Point for the most part you do get to choose your own row. Even at coasters where they assign seats, if you ask politely they will almost always grant your request, especially if you have FL+.

Now as to what coasters will have assigned seating, 99.999% sure Steel Vengeance will, Valravn has since it has been open, Maverick does on occasion, and same with Rougarou.

No, never cared much for the name, and while I think the sign's pretty cool, it's very reminiscent of The Beast.

That being said, I expect the ride itself to be nothing short of phenomenal, given how much I dug the significantly smaller Twisted Timbers. Super excited to give this one a go next month.

The chains on the sign are too much.

I laughed way too hard at this.

Those chains are just begging to be grabbed. Grab bars confirmed!

I went into Rocky Horror Picture Show mode in my head, and my (almost) immediate first thought was.

"with whips and chains!!!"

(if you're not familiar with Rocky Horror. . that's the audience line at the start of the "Dammit Janet" number. . . when Brad says, "I really like the way, you beat the other girls (audience line) to the Bride's Bouquet).

LOL

Trying to help a coworker out. they don't mind staying a little bit away from the park. I thought i remembered someone on here mentioning a nice place that was off of 2 somewhere for a real good price. I know this is a shot in the dark but any help?

OK, so just watched a SV test run on youTube in 38 degree weather and it was flying thru the course, but the last two rows did not have water dummies for the test run.

I am perplexed as to what exactly is going on with RMC's that they need to not have bodies (weight) in certain rows to run a full circuit. Case in point, last Christmas at Dollywood, Lightning Rod had a two train operation, yet one of the two trains had the last 4 rows/seats blocked off yet train #2 was able to complete the circuit with a full train. More recently, there have been reviews on Twisted Timbers also having certain rows blocked off in order to function properly. For anyone win the know...does RMC not take these calculations into consideration when designing the coaster itself or is it related only to certain trains on any particular coaster? All these blocked row/seats only add to the wait time.

I dunno, maybe its the cold weather that effects certain RMC trains but if that were the case seems it would effect all the trains on that particular coaster..no?.

I'm just confused by the whole "we've got to block off rows in order for this train to complete a full circuit" ideology. Anyone have any ideas? I am truly curious.

Different weight (and sometimes more importantly weight distribution) has a significantly and incredibly frustrating effect on how rides behave. Especially when running for the first time, or after making significant changes. Twisted Timbers is a slightly different situation, but I wouldn't start worrying about Steel Vengeance because of it.

Yet.