TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^ I'll admit, I was a little disappointed learning about the grab bars. But after really thinking about it, no it does not make a difference at all. But I do still agree with FeelTheFORCE that the absence of a bar is a nice added intimidating touch.

LOL why would anybody care if there are grab bars? If you don't want to use them, don't. I'd rather they be there for people that want to use them. I certainly won't.

^ Outlaw Run is the only RMC I have been on, unfortunately. I have to admit, if it had grab bars, as nervous as I was the first time I rode it I most certainly would have been squeezing them lol!

I've ridden Wicked Cyclone and Twisted Timbers, so one with them and one without. There is absolutely no difference to me. Its not like you have to shove them in your ass before riding. They're just there. Use em if you want.

No argument there. You do you, everyone enjoys rides differently, and there's no right or wrong way. The SV trains will not care what type lap bars are on them when they're tearing around the track, that's for sure. I found it funny that, of everything else to take away from it, my first ride on Goliath at SFGAm was with a random mom who kept saying the craziest part is having nowhere to put your hands or hold onto. Apparently that made a big impact on her. I guess you could liken it to S&S Screaming Swings; how you're scrambling to grab onto whatever you can find when you're at max swing height. Not a huge difference than if there were an actual bar there, but a nice touch that there isn't, especially if you're not thinking about it and instinctively go to grab something that doesn't exist.

Edited by FeelTheFORCE

Some day, I'm gonna move to Frontier-Town.

You have a chance to live there for one night.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/play/events/coaster-campout

LOL why would anybody care if there are grab bars? If you don't want to use them, don't. I'd rather they be there for people that want to use them. I certainly won't.

I have no idea why people would care. Emily and I will probably use them. I don't like getting thrown around with my hands up in the air unless it's on something tame like a basic bitch GCI.

Part of the troll in me hopes that this ride doesn't live up to the hype, since everyone is so dead set on it being the best coaster in the world prior to riding. I have a natural tendency to be less interested in things that people rave over or over hype. It's been like that ever since the X-Men hype in grade school... And the show Friends in high school... And other countless interests. Haters will hate.

I also hope Steel Vengeance and Valraven take lines away from Millenium Force and Maverick. Those are our main two marathon objectives.

Edited by prozach626

No argument there. You do you, everyone enjoys rides differently, and there's no right or wrong way.

Its not about me doing me, I just don't understand why anyone would *not* want them. I mean, they're just there, they don't affect you at all. Just don't use them lol. I can't believe we're still talking about this.

my first ride on Goliath at SFGAm was with a random mom who kept saying the craziest part is having nowhere to put your hands or hold onto. Apparently that made a big impact on her. I guess you could liken it to S&S Screaming Swings; how you're scrambling to grab onto whatever you can find when you're at max swing height. Not a huge difference than if there were an actual bar there, but a nice touch that there isn't, especially if you're not thinking about it and instinctively go to grab something that doesn't exist.

My other half does this. She's convinced that having something to hold onto will somehow prevent her from falling out even though the restrains are locked and she is secure. I'll explain that if the restraint fails, holding on isn't going to miraculously keep her in a giant ride going X-mph, and she gets freaked out more. She loves OTSRs and will go nowhere near anything taller than El Toro that only has lapbars - she was absolutely traumatized after Nitro and Phantoms Revenge, the two biggest I've gotten her on. Too fast, big and nothing to hold onto (her words). I tried so so so hard to get her on Mako back during our trip in December and she wouldn't go for it. But rode Sheikra with no prob at all.

Also, hands up on every Screaming Swing always. Best rides for that (she won't go near those things either).

^ My sister is the same way.

She already said that she is not sure about SV if there isn't anything to hold onto. She also won't go anywhere near Skyhawk because of the super small grab bar and how it scared the living crap out of her the one time she did muster the courage to ride.

Michael won't go on it because of that too, so in the mind of a lot of the GP, I think that they do feel more secure if they have OTSR's or at least big grab bars in the front of them to clench.

I did show her the SV video last night and now she thinks that she will likely go on it, but she may change her mind once she sees it in person.

She has already booked their stay at Lighthouse Village and bought two tickets with FL+. She said that if she can't get enough courage to ride SV, she always has Valravn, which is her absolute favorite ride there. She loves Gatekeeper and MF as well, but doesn't care for TTD or Maverick (I know, weird LOL).

One of my biggest complaints with RMC’s trains is the fact that there’s nothing to hold on to. I strongly prefer having a handle/grab bar to hold while riding a coaster. In fact, if Outlaw Run had something to grab on it’s trains, it would probably be my #1 coaster. It’s a big deal to me, and I’m glad Cedar Point is addressing my biggest complaint with Rocky Mountain’s rides.

Its not like you have to shove them in your A$$ before riding.

This made my day.

And yes, as someone who never uses them I don't see any problem at all. (although I'll admit it's funny to see someone trying to hold on to something that doesn't exist)

Also, hands up on every Screaming Swing always. Best rides for that (she won't go near those things either).

You know what, I had never noticed those rides had nowhere to hold on to haha

The best experience I've had on an RMC was watching a friend desperately look for something to hold onto while freaking out... going up the lift of Goliath at Great America. I've been on 3 RMCs so far and looking forward to Steel Vengeance... but being restraint sensitive, I'm not a fan of their trains.

Wait... There are grab bars on coasters???

12 days... 12 days, and all my anticipation will finally be over!

POV (the parts that were true POV) was great, and I love how even now, that final part twisted into the structure is so chaotic, there's no way of really knowing what it's doing! It'll be awesome riding it the first time without any real understanding of the layout!

I'm also very pro-grab bar. It's just more comfortable for me to have somewhere for my hands to rest, even if only lightly.

Also the RMC lapbars are so tough to lift up, hopefully some kind of handle on them will assist.

Twisted Timbers was my first RMC (solely because it was the closest to me and easily accessible; 3hr drive) and I held on to those grab bars for dear life because I know the reputation of RMC's LOL.

I love the feeling on RMCs where neither my butt or feet are touching the seat/floor at all, and I'm purely being held in by the restraint. The seat belt gives me all the mental comfort I need. Air time is the best.