TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Sorry to disappoint all of the "must be first" riders, but it's now been ridden

Wow. Sounds epic!

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/the-first-steel-vengeance-ride

I will go out on a limb and say that Steel Vengeance is the best roller coaster in the world. Yes. I said it.

Quite a statement, Tony!

I love how he ditched the PR-speak and talked it out like an enthusiast does! The comparisons to Twisted Timbers and Fury are interesting too.

But my god... 27 seconds of fucking airtime. I still cannot get over this

^ I know you're excited chickenhead, but you might want to edit that post.

Tony's review hyped me up even more. That guy is good at his job. Saying it's the "best coaster in the world" isn't really something that should come as a shock from a PR guy, but he made it sound so genuine that you can't help but believe what he says is true.

I love how he ditched the PR-speak and talked it out like an enthusiast does! The comparisons to Twisted Timbers and Fury are interesting too.

Totally agree with this statement! It was awesome to see it from a "coaster enthusiast" side, super fun and exciting to read!

However, I think the biggest thing I took away from the review was this sweet picture of Tony!!!! If you are reading this Tony, you should really frame it!

IMG_0077.JPG.5bd930bc52172d9e1b4094200bd5bb8f.JPG

I totally agree; those were basically my thoughts. It was a great read, and comes off as completely believable.

Imo Tony doesn't have a lot to win by over-hyping this ride at this point.

It's already the most hyped and anticipated ride in the world this year, and people will go ride it with high expectations no matter what Tony says. If the ride hadn't lived up to Tony's own hype, which was no doubt ridiculously high, he could've just said " it's a great coaster!" without adding the " best coaster in the world" remark.

I remember reading Andreas Andersen's ( CEO of Liseberg) blog about Helix and getting the feeling that his first ride on the coaster didn't live up to his own hype. That it was good, but not as crazy as he had imagined. It took him a few rides to accept and enjoy it for what it was, rather than what he had imagined it to be.

So yes, I believe Tony's reaction is genuine.

Anyway,

Most anticipated roller-coaster POV in the world coming later today. For someone in Sweden who's not likely to go to Cedar Point anytime soon, this is exciting!

I'm really impressed with the second half speed, and the speed that it goes through the rolls. It flies through those rolls when compared to TT's last inversion. I'm sure the airtime was outrageous, but Tony and Jason seemed to be stapled in pretty good haha, so it was hard to tell from watching them.