TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^From the website the riders will get an assigned time to get in line. Hopefully that keeps waits under 30 mins or so since there wont be a rush. Plus with Maverick, Skyhawk, Mine Ride (my fave!), WaveSwinger, Antique Cars and the free food and drink there should be plenty of things to do besides drool and wait for Steel Vengeance.

For anyone who's gone to Coastermania in the past, do you know if any tickets get released later on closer to the event (or has in past years) or if people who bought their ticket and then couldn't go or wanted to cancel could transfer or resell their ticket? I was already in the stages of planing my Cedar Point trip on this weekend and am wondering if I should stick it out and still go this weekend with a possibility of not being able to participate in Coastermania (I'll still have a Platinum Pass for normal park access) or if I should just plan my Cedar Point trip for some other time this summer.

Based off of what I’ve heard from past Coastermania events, it might be in your best interest to plan a trip on a different weekend and just get FL+. I know they’ve limited tickets for this year’s event, but it appears the day of Coastermania is usually insanely busy at the park, so if you don’t have a ticket to the event it’s probably best just to plan for a different day. Someone else may have better insight, but if it was me planning a trip, that’s how I’d do it.

I really don't know where this notion that coastermania is super busy came from. During the afternoon you're looking at lines less than an hour at every ride besides Maverick and SV. The only other things that'll be more than a half hour or so will be Millennium and Valravn.

Agreed.

last year during Coatermania! we met up with Liz and her Mom, who were *not* participating (we were participating in CM!), and we had no issues getting rides on everything, including MF, Maverick, and lots of other coasters with minimal waits. I think the only thing that had a line at all, was TTD, and that's only because it was having "issues" but even that was only a 15 minute wait.

granted, this year is gonna be different due to SV, but the ERT happens before the park is open to the general public, and then stuff like the cruise, Q&A and Coastermania! lunch, happen during the day, which will suck people participating away from the main park.

I say go, and have a great time, even if you can't get a CM ticket.

It was slammed durring the last coastermania that I attended. Sandusky bike week is also happining that weekend, so room rates are crazy high.

Yeah, but that was before they started limiting ticket sales. Lines are quite short during ERT now, especially if you don't go to the new hotness. In 2016 I went to the other four ERT coasters first then Valravn at the end of ERT and it was about 5 minutes wait. This year I'm planning to do Maverick and SkyHawk first then SteVen to allow the line to recede some. The other morning ERT coasters are Gemini and Magnum, which really won't have long lines all day, and TTD, which might not open early anyway. I'll probably just spend resort ERT on SteVen while the enthusiasts who went to it first are riding other things.

As for hotels, they're cheap if you get that rate locked in early. I booked my hotel back in September, and I get travel agent rates, but I think the rack rate was like $65 at the time. Maybe a bit high for a Hojo, but great for a hotel just outside the park entrance.

Thanks for all tips people. I decided that I'm going to go to Holiwood Nights the same weekend instead since I've never been to Holiday World before. I still really want to ride Steel Vengeance and return to Cedar Point, so I will most likely visit sometime in August. Even if it is not that crowded during Coastermania, I didn't want to go to Cedar Point during a fun enthusiast event and not be able to participate in it. Its not just the ERT and extra hours that interested me, but also the boat tour that goes on the lake for the great views. I hope to participate in Coastermania in a future year.

Has anyone stayed at Comfort Inn River's Edge in Huron?

I waited until now to book my hotel for CoasterMania because my Choice Privileges membership only allows reservations up to 50 days in advance when using Rewards points. Econo Lodge North is sold out, so my options for cheap hotels are Econo Lodge South or a few different Comfort Inns.

I've heard a few complaints about Econo Lodge South on this board, and CIRE is the cheapest Comfort Inn in the area. It looks like a halfway decent place, and it's a 20-minute drive from the park, which isn't too bad. What say ye?

Thanks for all tips people. I decided that I'm going to go to Holiwood Nights the same weekend instead since I've never been to Holiday World before. I still really want to ride Steel Vengeance and return to Cedar Point, so I will most likely visit sometime in August. Even if it is not that crowded during Coastermania, I didn't want to go to Cedar Point during a fun enthusiast event and not be able to participate in it. Its not just the ERT and extra hours that interested me, but also the boat tour that goes on the lake for the great views. I hope to participate in Coastermania in a future year.

You're not going to be disappointed. I've been alternating Holiwood Nights and Coastermania the last 4 years now, since both are within driving distance for me, and whichever one you pick is going to be great. Coastermania is in really high demand this year, but Holiday World consistently puts on a fantastic event. Take some photos so I can see what I missed!

You're not going to be disappointed. I've been alternating Holiwood Nights and Coastermania the last 4 years now, since both are within driving distance for me, and whichever one you pick is going to be great. Coastermania is in really high demand this year, but Holiday World consistently puts on a fantastic event. Take some photos so I can see what I missed!

Holiwood Nights seems like a good consolation prize and I’m glad I had an alternative event to pick from for that weekend. I’ll definitely take pictures and try to remember to post them either on the HW thread or in a separate TR. I still have to post my pictures from my visit to the Boysenberry Fest on Friday on the Knott’s thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like Steel Vengeance had its first riders!
Another reason to be jealous of Tony.

NICE!! 7 weeks from today exactly I'll be there to ride it, can't wait. Super excited to hear from others how they like it in the meantime. We won't have to wait too much longer for reviews since preview night is just around the corner!