TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Hey guys not SV related buuut...

Planning on coming to CP for the first time this summer, early June. Just wondering if there are deals on daily tickets on opening weekend or if I should just buy now.

Also in case you guys know. my friend and I are trying to see if we can get on every coaster 2-3 times in a day and are looking at fast lane plus. Would they ever sell out? I don't wanna get there and realize I blew $110 on an empty weekend. We're currently looking at June 2nd (day after coastermania )

Thanks all!

Planning on coming to CP for the first time this summer, early June. Just wondering if there are deals on daily tickets on opening weekend or if I should just buy now.

Also in case you guys know. my friend and I are trying to see if we can get on every coaster 2-3 times in a day and are looking at fast lane plus. Would they ever sell out? I don't wanna get there and realize I blew $110 on an empty weekend. We're currently looking at June 2nd (day after coastermania )

Thanks all!

are you just going for 1 day?

I know you are aware, but several of the coasters at CP are . . . temperamental.

and they have 17 (I'm counting both sides of Gemini, but won't count the really kiddie coaster, or Pipe Scream (which the park counts as a coaster)

I was able to do every coaster on my one prior visit, but it was over 2 1/2 days in the park.

(in particular Maverik, TTD, and Wicked Twister go down a LOT. . . if I didn't have multiple days, likely would not have been able to ride everything).

just my 2cents. . if you can do more than 1 day, then only buy FP on one day, and try to ride as much as you can without it on the other day.

Fast Lane rarely, if ever, sells out in early June, so you should be fine holding off until the day of. If you want to be careful, wait until the night before to check a decent weather report, and if it’s supposed to be warm and sunny all day then pull the string. If not, wait until you arrive at the park.

You should be able to ride everything in one day with Fast Lane plus in my experience, just be wary of Dragster’s downtime (and obviously nobody knows how SV will be handling yet). And use some common sense (avoid the front of the park in the morning).

Have fun! Millennium is usually under 30 minutes until noon that time of year, see ya there

Thanks all!

I know you are aware, but several of the coasters at CP are . . . temperamental.

and they have 17 (I'm counting both sides of Gemini, but won't count the really kiddie coaster, or Pipe Scream (which the park counts as a coaster)

I was able to do every coaster on my one prior visit, but it was over 2 1/2 days in the park.

(in particular Maverik, TTD, and Wicked Twister go down a LOT. . . if I didn't have multiple days, likely would not have been able to ride everything).

just my 2cents. . if you can do more than 1 day, then only buy FP on one day, and try to ride as much as you can without it on the other day.

Good to know! I know Werner Impulses go down a ton, sadly I can only do the one day. Hopefully TTD & Maverick stay up though

Thanks all!

Good to know! I know Werner Impulses go down a ton, sadly I can only do the one day. Hopefully TTD & Maverick stay up though

Shout out to Password's great operations on MF, and to Josh's team at ValRavn. . those teams fly thru the dispatches.

and note, that while Maverick went down *every time* we were in line for it (a couple of times due to things the public did: ie: puking, or pulling out phone on launch). . it *did* come back up every time that we waited it out. the downtimes for us ranged from 10 to 45 minutes. . . .tho a couple of times it went down multiple times while in the same line. . but oh so worth the waits

^ Um, not trying to make it worse, but...

love the pic of the 4 of us at the bridge waiting in the queue for Maverick to come back up. I remember us standing in the shade about 3 feet to our left and had to move into the sun for the photo, and you set your bottle down in the middle of the queue and strongly stated that NOBODY better take your spot in the shade!! That cracked me up and was sadly needed since those kids kept invading our space more and more. They didn't move though! Between the breakdowns, that comment, and them ratcheting the restraints for what seemed like 250 cycles,

it was a memorable way to spend 90 minutes.

But we waited, and finally we got the chance to ride it... and it - was - amazing!

....tho a couple of times it went down multiple times while in the same line...

I think that's what our first time was - 90 minutes+ - and a number of stops and re-starts in between that timing.

We almost always gamble with the skip the line offers and it almost always pays off. Even if lines are 10-20 minutes, that time will add up quickly. Three rides at 20 minutes each just costed you an hour. I always opt with Skip the Line passes. You can ride whatever you want whenever you want and don't have to worry about sporadic waits. Granted we budget very well and probably have more disposable income than most, but if you're only going for one day I wouldn't have it any other way.

Unless the park is utterly empty, I say go for it. Waiting can sometimes screw you, because parks can sometimes be dead the first couple of hours before they fill up. We've doubted ourselves several times after spending the first couple hours of the day looking like fools while walking through the FL lanes due to almost no crowds, but by the afternoon we're bypassing 30+ minute waits and thankful we took the plunge without having to wait for what ends up being a long FL+ line later in the day.

We've only been almost totally wrong on two occasions. SFFT, where we saved ourselves about 10 minutes every time we rode the log flume with everything else completely dead by the time the afternoon heat hit. The other occasion was BGW when we saved ourselves maybe 5 minutes every once in a while, which is why we no longer do quick queue at this park. Just consider the fact that you're going to go to CP where complete walk on rides are vary rarely reported and when they are it's usually due to shit weather. That being, if the weather is nice go straight to the FL+ station. The only reason I would bypass it is if it turns out to be completely shit weather.

Just my $.02, but I'm pretty biased toward skip the line passes. Unless of course it's your home park.

love the pic of the 4 of us at the bridge waiting in the queue for Maverick to come back up. I remember us standing in the shade about 3 feet to our left and had to move into the sun for the photo, and you set your bottle down in the middle of the queue and strongly stated that NOBODY better take your spot in the shade!! That cracked me up and was sadly needed since those kids kept invading our space more and more. They didn't move though! Between the breakdowns, that comment, and them ratcheting the restraints for what seemed like 250 cycles,

it was a memorable way to spend 90 minutes.

But we waited, and finally we got the chance to ride it... and it - was - amazing!

....tho a couple of times it went down multiple times while in the same line...

I think that's what our first time was - 90 minutes+ - and a number of stops and re-starts in between that timing.

yep, that long long wait was with Liz and her Mom, and it broke down three times in what would have been a 20 minute or so line. . so it took over 90 minutes to ride.

here's the pic you referenced. .this is JUST outside the station on the stairs, and we'd already waited for 2 stoppages, so no way were we getting out of the line at this point

(the fast lane greeter/grouper at the top of the stairs for the station took this for us, that's how close we were to getting on when it shut down again).

IMG_1883a.thumb.JPG.988c8ccf623c4ca939bd1a842795fe2e.JPG

The only way I can imagine getting on everything 2-3 times on a Saturday in June is with FL+ (especially with SV, but we'll see about that). An exception would be what prozach said, if the weather is bad. But if the weather is bad, you're not getting on everything anyway because some rides will be closed. I would wait until a day or two before and if the weather looks decent, buy the FL+. If you haven't booked your hotel yet, I would recommend looking at staying at CP Express in order to take advantage of early entry. Unless you have a platinum pass, of course.

I've had a couple great days where FL+ would have been useless due to where the merge points are on a few of the rides, but those were on weekdays in early June and late August with earlier closing times when lighter crowds are expected. And there also wasn't a brand new roller coaster with a ton of hype on those visits.

not only super cool, but media preview day is my Birthday? . . . can't wait to see the official POV footage! what a birthday gift.

thanks for sharing Robb. . the promo stuff sent out to announce media days are always so interesting to see.

love the pic of the 4 of us at the bridge waiting in the queue for Maverick to come back up. Between the breakdowns, that comment, and them ratcheting the restraints for what seemed like 250 cycles, it was a memorable way to spend 90 minutes.

yep, that long long wait was with Liz and her Mom, and it broke down three times in what would have been a 20 minute or so line. . so it took over 90 minutes to ride. here's the pic you referenced. .this is JUST outside the station on the stairs, and we'd already waited for 2 stoppages, so no way were we getting out of the line at this point

I don’t know how to quote a reply to include the posted pic (help, anyone?) but the photo on the last page always makes me laugh! That’s when Bert wowed me with the wonders of sunscreen in wipe on balm/chapstick form LOL. I love that Steel Vengeance is in the background mid-build, too. Great memories with 2 fun guys and my kick-A mom!

That SV media box is really cool and I love the playing cards. Thanks for sharing with us, Robb!

love the pic of the 4 of us at the bridge waiting in the queue for Maverick to come back up. Between the breakdowns, that comment, and them ratcheting the restraints for what seemed like 250 cycles, it was a memorable way to spend 90 minutes.

yep, that long long wait was with Liz and her Mom, and it broke down three times in what would have been a 20 minute or so line. . so it took over 90 minutes to ride. here's the pic you referenced. .this is JUST outside the station on the stairs, and we'd already waited for 2 stoppages, so no way were we getting out of the line at this point

I don’t know how to quote a reply to include the posted pic (help, anyone?) but the photo on the last page always makes me laugh! That’s when Bert wowed me with the wonders of sunscreen in wipe on balm/chapstick form LOL. I love that Steel Vengeance is in the background mid-build, too. Great memories with 2 fun guys and my kick-A mom!

That SV media box is really cool and I love the playing cards. Thanks for sharing with us, Robb!

I just "copy image location" in the quoted post, then paste in as an "Img" in the new post