TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^ I'm glad Bert and I got to do BBQ & Brew and CoasterMANIA! in the same weekend, last year.

Too bad they decided to move B&B up a week, for it's start. But I guess it's a matter of crowd control,

especially with CM! including SV this time, etc.

Tickets are now on sale for Brew & BBQ... also menus and breweries are listed at the bottom of the FAQ.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/play/events/brew-and-bbq

I was just about to post this. It looks like a great deal for passholders. $22 for 15 ticket samples sounds awesome (much better than 10 for $36 at SWO and 15 for $55 at BGT for passholders with their similar events). It will be my first time and until I saw this pricing I wasn't even considering it. Depending on the portions, I could likely eat off that my 3 days there...lol Of course that won't happen since there are a couple other places in the park I'd like to try as well. There also are some items my partner can possiby try since he's a pescetarian/vegetarian. He eats dairy and fish and there is a shrimp dish, nacho dish & desserts he might be able to try listed on there. Neither one of us are into beer, but looks to be some selections we may be able to stomach.

^ I'm glad Bert and I got to do BBQ & Brew and CoasterMANIA! in the same weekend, last year.

Too bad they decided to move B&B up a week, for it's start. But I guess it's a matter of crowd control,

especially with CM! including SV this time, etc.

I'll need to go through y'alls trip report again to see some of the food pics. Were there liquor samples available? We aren't beer drinkers, but liquor is a yes...lol

^ I just remember it being beers only, with a couple of ciders here and there at the booths.

No hard liquor tastings that I remember seeing. Or tasting, of course.

And here's our TR: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74913\

And we didn't take that many photos (if any) of the food we had, or what we drank.

IMG_3841.JPG.27696c6941c230e37404eb49f97417fc.JPG

Sadly, this is the only shot I took of what we had at the B&B. I'm pretty sure Bert took more photos.

OH NO TONY WHY MUST YOU DO THIS...

Tony's Tweet

I just want a POV of the whole ride is that too much to ask?

BTW these trains seem so much better now on the track than I originally thought in the renderings. Still can't wait to deal with Opening Weekend just to get a ride!

Tony's Tweet

BTW these trains seem so much better now on the track than I originally thought in the renderings. Still can't wait to deal with Opening Weekend just to get a ride!

That's a fantastic-looking train! CoasterMania can't come soon enough.

I, personally, don't like to watch POVs of coasters that I'm riding for the first time in the near future; I don't want to spoil the surprise. Is that just me, or does anyone else think that way, too?

Tony's Tweet

That's a fantastic-looking train! CoasterMania can't come soon enough.

I, personally, don't like to watch POVs of coasters that I'm riding for the first time in the near future; I don't want to spoil the surprise. Is that just me, or does anyone else think that way, too?

I normally would watch the POV to get excited, but I can't get any more excited about this than I already am! Plus since it's so close within reach, I might as well just wait to ride it.

I wonder if the lights on those trains will light up or are they just for design purposes as well I don't know why they don't let them light up. That would be so damn cool. Either way, they look amazing!!!

^^I don't think I've seen a ride with this level of hype since Millennium Force. It's unreal.

On that note, I think there's a strong likelihood that preview night will be incredibly cold and we'll see some hilarious bitching from people with entirely unrealistic expectations. I fully expect this thing to be "OMFG AMAZING", but I'm really interested to see if people can maintain their sanity when this thing opens and not do what they did when they got one ride on Twisted Timbers on a 38 degree morning and blew it up on Twitter.

Edited by coasterbill

I'll need to go through y'alls trip report again to see some of the food pics. Were there liquor samples available? We aren't beer drinkers, but liquor is a yes...lol

there is a brewery type place on the pathway between Millennium Force's entrance and the Petting Zoo headed towards Frontier Town.

we were at CP for 3 full days, and I believe this was only open on 1 of those days. but they had all kinds of ales, and (I think) some straight flavored liquor type libations.

IMG_1900.thumb.JPG.2562529b2082118cfe9bdc71d50bf326.JPG

IMG_1901.thumb.JPG.bc55aa46ed28b3c602a96c2265c25e57.JPG

Guys remember this...

ANYONE WHO POSTS A CONSTRUCTION PHOTO OF STEEL VENGEANCE

REGARDLESS IF IT IS YOUR PHOTO OR NOT, WILL BE BANNED FROM TPR FOREVER.

Yes this is still in effect while the park is not open to the public. So that means testing videos that have not been authorized by the park may not be posted to the forum or you will be banned forever from TPR.

There is not open for discussion and we will take a zero tolerance stance on this.

Thank you for understanding.