TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I really don't know where this notion that coastermania is super busy came from. During the afternoon you're looking at lines less than an hour at every ride besides Maverick and SV. The only other things that'll be more than a half hour or so will be Millennium and Valravn.

Agreed.

last year during Coatermania! we met up with Liz and her Mom, who were *not* participating (we were participating in CM!), and we had no issues getting rides on everything, including MF, Maverick, and lots of other coasters with minimal waits. I think the only thing that had a line at all, was TTD, and that's only because it was having "issues" but even that was only a 15 minute wait.

granted, this year is gonna be different due to SV, but the ERT happens before the park is open to the general public, and then stuff like the cruise, Q&A and Coastermania! lunch, happen during the day, which will suck people participating away from the main park.

I say go, and have a great time, even if you can't get a CM ticket.

Well I got that day off already approved, so Im doing something

I've never had fast pass. Please give me all the input/experience yall have with it at Cedar Point.

I may still go on the first with normal hour early access, fast pass, and see if I can still get a pretty jam packed day out of it.

Im not too concerned with the regular day crowds, really its all about if I can still get the SV, MF and Maverick done. Willing to forego TTD, done that enough. Would fast pass be worth it?

From my experience, the crowds really aren't bad that day, as it's a weekday early in the season. If all you want is Millennium Force, Maverick, and SteVen, you'll easily be able to do those. With Fast Lane, you should be able to do everything you want. I got multiple rides on all coasters, the biggest flats, and the rapids ride, with plenty of time for the cruise and Brews & BBQ, all without Fast Lane that day. Fast Lane should basically substitute for the ERT you would have gotten. Plus operations are stellar by that point in the season. I say go.

Yeah, same. I usually go in May, but still June 1 is pretty early season. I am deff considering it, I love Cedar Point too much and SV is too delicious looking. And I did plan to do Kennywood and possibly also Waldameer as part of the trip. We shall see.

Whoa...coastermania sold out already? Holy hell, my paycheck finally hit, first thing I was gunna do is buy tix and..... yeah.

Wow I bought em much later last year, I guess the Steel Vengeance effect for ya

Was there an official announcement or anything? If so super bummed I missed it, if not guess I should've checked the site every day.

Did they really limit the number of attendees this year? I guess I cant vouch for other years but last year the event wasnt crowded at all. I mean if you expected the park basically to yourself no, but I was able to do lots in the morning ERT, enough to get a jump on the day and do everything I wanted, usually multiple times, in one day and that was even with a 3 hour break. I agree with the above comment, "super busy" is not accurate of my experience. Even during the normal hours, yeah aside from the Maverick MF and Valravn I was able to do tons.

Wasn't super busy at all.

Anyway, that's rough, any chance they will open up more tickets? Maybe I should just save my $ and vaca days for WCB

Last year didn't sell out, if I'm not mistaken. They've been charging and limiting tickets for the past few years. I'm definitely in favor of that! Before charging, the ERT lines were like normal wait times for the rides. Good move Tony!!

Whoa...coastermania sold out already? Holy hell, my paycheck finally hit, first thing I was gunna do is buy tix and..... yeah.

Wow I bought em much later last year, I guess the Steel Vengeance effect for ya

Was there an official announcement or anything? If so super bummed I missed it, if not guess I should've checked the site every day.

Did they really limit the number of attendees this year? I guess I cant vouch for other years but last year the event wasnt crowded at all. I mean if you expected the park basically to yourself no, but I was able to do lots in the morning ERT, enough to get a jump on the day and do everything I wanted, usually multiple times, in one day and that was even with a 3 hour break. I agree with the above comment, "super busy" is not accurate of my experience. Even during the normal hours, yeah aside from the Maverick MF and Valravn I was able to do tons.

Wasn't super busy at all.

Anyway, that's rough, any chance they will open up more tickets? Maybe I should just save my $ and vaca days for WCB

Last year didn't sell out, if I'm not mistaken. They've been charging and limiting tickets for the past few years. I'm definitely in favor of that! Before charging, the ERT lines were like normal wait times for the rides. Good move Tony!!

It seems not. Well if ERT lines were that long then yeah limiting is good. I just am curious, did I miss an announcement, or is there not one and we just need to check daily? Ah well lesson learned for next year, and as for this year still weighing if I wanna go on the 1st anyway or try new parks. The pull of SV is just too strong

When Bert and I planned our trip there last year, for it's CoasterMANIA!, SV was still being worked on, and nothing more. So the tickets sale, as I remember, went a rather long time before it "sold out."

This year I was surprised the tickets sale lasted as long as it did. But then there was that "computer glitch", which held things up a bit.

Should be an awesome weekend, and I just wish I could repeat the visit this year. Hope everybody has an amazing day there!

(By the way, between Maverick, Steel Vengeance, the train station, and the BBQ & Brew in that area, it's going to be mighty busy, all around there.)

It seems not. Well if ERT lines were that long then yeah limiting is good. I just am curious, did I miss an announcement, or is there not one and we just need to check daily?

The announcement for the sale is done by Tony Clark on Twitter with the name @TonyClarkCP He posts all the information for events like Coastermanaia or Coaster Campout.

It seems not. Well if ERT lines were that long then yeah limiting is good. I just am curious, did I miss an announcement, or is there not one and we just need to check daily?

The announcement for the sale is done by Tony Clark on Twitter with the name @TonyClarkCP He posts all the information for events like Coastermanaia or Coaster Campout.

Dang, this is what I get for my avoidance of Twitter!

Oh no! June 1st was the day I planned on being there on my trip! I was planning on a chill weekday before school gets out, not an influx of enthusiast-specific guests who are going to be interested in all the same things as me.

I love the 9am early entry ride time, but now the lines for MF, Maverick, and SV would already be filled with the coaster mania folks by 9:00.

Hoping to get some advice.

My family and I (wife, twin 7 year olds and 3 year old) are going to be going to Cedar Point for the twins 7th birthday party from June 25-June 29th. They love roller coasters, and have gone on all the ones they are able to at our home park, Darien Lake.

We got the Platinum passes and the pre-k pass because they are a much better deal than the regular season pass for the amount of time we are going. We get the advantage of ERT every morning we are there.

What other recommendations do any of you have in regards to our trip. I have been to CP several times so I am well aware of the anticipated lines, etc. Given that we are going at the end of june, is it safe to assume that it will be very busy during our time here?

Thanks in advance for any advise you can give me.

My family and I (wife, twin 7 year olds and 3 year old) are going to be going to Cedar Point for the twins 7th birthday party from June 25-June 29th. They love roller coasters, and have gone on all the ones they are able to at our home park, Darien Lake.

We got the Platinum passes and the pre-k pass because they are a much better deal than the regular season pass for the amount of time we are going. We get the advantage of ERT every morning we are there.

What other recommendations do any of you have in regards to our trip. I have been to CP several times so I am well aware of the anticipated lines, etc. Given that we are going at the end of june, is it safe to assume that it will be very busy during our time here?

I would assume this trip is also about yourself and not just the kids? (Steel Vengence?) I'm sure you all will have fun, but I personally wouldn't invest in that kind of trip with the kids being so young and not able to ride any of the Points' famous coasters. Have you been to Seabreeze, Fantasy Island and Waldameer? Easy days trips that are suitable for kids.

June will be busy, but probably not so much on kiddie rides. Almost all the coasters on ERT will have minumum height restrictions. Not trying to be a downer, but just a glaring fact I see.

^Sounds like they already purchased their passes. I usually don't pay attention to such things, but does CP have a parent swap?

Yes they do, you get them from the employee at the enterance of the ride you are waiting for. Just make sure you dont leave them at the station too long they have a tendency to get lost when the crew rotates

Are the 7 year olds 48" yet? That's the magic number for Cedar Point, and a lot of places really. My eight-year-old hit 48" a couple years ago, so if they're at that, they are going to have a great time at Cedar Point. Less than that, you pretty much just have flats. There are a lot at CP, and they can have fun, but it's going to be just the two children's areas really. If they are 48", you have Millennium Force, Magnum, Gemini, and more.

Are the 7 year olds 48" yet? That's the magic number for Cedar Point, and a lot of places really. My eight-year-old hit 48" a couple years ago, so if they're at that, they are going to have a great time at Cedar Point. Less than that, you pretty much just have flats. There are a lot at CP, and they can have fun, but it's going to be just the two children's areas really. If they are 48", you have Millennium Force, Magnum, Gemini, and more.

Yes they are both above 48" so thankfully they will be able to go on a vast amount of rides while we are at the park. The one twin loves roller coasters, the other a little more hesitant. As I stated, they've gone on everything they are able to based on height restrictions at Darien Lake here in Buffalo, NY. I find it funny that they aren't tall enough to go on Ride of Steel (Formally Superman), yet they are able to go on Millenium Force, which is just over 100ft taller.

More POV teaser... Looks slow and sluggish to me. Definitely an overhyped ride. I definitely wouldn't go to the park the 3rd week of May, if I were you.

That's what they said about Twisted Timbers until people actually rode it haha. I'm sure SV isn't slow and sluggish. I just don't see that being remotely possible.