TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Hmm.. This event is a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. That's unexpected. Could cut down the crowds even more since it'll be a school/work night.

Definitely gonna try to grab a ticket to this. Fingers crossed our Ohio weather is decent!

Quick question to anyone here that works at Cedar Point (or anyone that's been in this situation), I'll be visiting the park for a few days in early June and I'll be getting free admission since I'm a Cedar Fair employee. Will my associate ID allow me in the park for early entry at 9am like the platinum passholders and hotel guests or not?

Quick question to anyone here that works at Cedar Point (or anyone that's been in this situation), I'll be visiting the park for a few days in early June and I'll be getting free admission since I'm a Cedar Fair employee. Will my associate ID allow me in the park for early entry at 9am like the platinum passholders and hotel guests or not?

I've used mine in the past to do this!

Also of note, the first rider benefit, which will be benefitting the LeBron James Family Foundation is Friday the 27th. SV and Maverick will be open from 6-10pm and the cost is $75. I think as far as first rider benefits go it's a reasonable price for a ton of rides on SV if you're into the whole first rider thing.

Tickets go on sale monday and will sell out.

^I am definitely going to be attempting to get tickets for that event, if I'm able to! Heck, I'm even toying with trying to get the first public train tix! Go big or go home, right!?

Very smart event for CP to put on! Good for them!

100% agreed! I am super impressed with how they're handling all of this, and as somebody very excited about going to ride SV early and often, but not looking forward to Opening Day madness, these pre-opening dates will do perfectly, and will mean I don't bother with Opening Day. I'll still hit the park up at least 2 or 3 more times in May during the week though, and perhaps during Brew and BBQ in June!

I think as far as first rider benefits go it's a reasonable price for a ton of rides on SV if you're into the whole first rider thing.

I really hope they limit their ticket sales enough for it to work out this way. Here's to hoping this is a success for the park and visitors so that we can possibly see more of these events in the future throughout the chain.

UGHH I'm seriously evaluating my priorities right now. It would be awesome to go to one of those passholder days, but all three are school days for me (including two teaching days). It's not inconceivable to find a sub/ skip one class. But man oh man would I be such a hypocrite after making such a big deal to my students about attendance.

(To other students: I do not recommend skipping class for coasters! Unless you absolutely know you can do so and still get an A in the class...)

Now the first-rider event.... good thing I saved $ by not going to Chillout this year. And it's on a usual day off for me.

^Skipping school for CP is ALWAYS a good life decision! Repeat it like a mantra!

I did notice something regarding the Preview Nights just now... You get only ONE ride on Steel Vengeance those nights, so be sure to have weighed that into your decision to go before taking the plunge to get tickets. I'm still planning on going, but it does lessen the allure somewhat for me, so I thought I'd point that out.

I'm assuming the First Rider Benefit will lead to more than one ride, but I suppose that's something we'll just have to see about.

It'd be great to see you at both events, RAWKIN_coaster38! Hope it works out!

^I'm still planning on trying to get a ticket even if it is only valid for 1 ride on Steel Vengeance. Plenty of time throughout the season for more. But this sounds like they are planning it in a way to have a minimal wait. I am curious if the vouchers for Steel Vengeance rides will have a time stamp on when to get in line. Very curious to see how this will work.

Plus Maverick, Mine Ride, Skyhawk, etc and complimentary food (assuming samplings of the new Frontier Town offerings) and drink. Sounds like a perfect Passholder Preview compared to how things were done the past few seasons. I'm really hoping this goes over well and it's something we see on an annual basis.

Edited by WolfBobs

I'm hoping that CP caps off the amount of attendees for the Passholder Preview days so that after everyone gets their one guaranteed ride on SV, there is still time for additional rides after! Either way it's an awesome opportunity to hopefully skip the major wait times the ride will have all season.

My friend and I already called out of work for Wednesday May 2nd and are driving out from NJ for the event.

^I'm still planning on trying to get a ticket even if it is only valid for 1 ride on Steel Vengeance. Plenty of time throughout the season for more. But this sounds like they are planning it in a way to have a minimal wait. I am curious if the vouchers for Steel Vengeance rides will have a time stamp on when to get in line. Very curious to see how this will work.

If it's anything like the cruise during Coastermania!, then they'll give you a ticket, upon park entry, with a time to show up on it.

so I'd guess you're correct in how they are gonna handle it.

Great gif posted by CP on twitter, check it out! Steel Vengence!

This is an incredibly exciting day for the coaster community. Major props to Tony for giving us such awesome behind the scenes content on Twitter today. I'm definitely getting pretty hyped.

It's not every day you get to see such exclusive, up-to-the-minute content as the greatest coaster on the planet takes another huge step towards opening day.

...See, look!

The Steel Vengeance thing is cool too. lol