TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I would agree that Wicked Twister and MaxAir are the hardest to get on. I've lost a lot of weight over the past 14 months, am 5'9, have large legs and wide hips, and had a huge spare tire and was just overall very basketball shaped. I wasn't able to ride Millennium until I got down to 275 and at that point I needed help getting buckled in. At 255 I could easily buckle my own belt and was able to get on dragster and MaxAir but not Wicked Twister. If you can get to 225 you should be fine to ride pretty much anything unless you have giant shoulders, that can still be problematic on Wicked Twister as I understand it. Also, I never had a problem with Maverick, even at my heaviest, so there's a silver-lining. Just don't get discouraged. Good luck, you'll be fine!

Edit: Power Tower can be a bit problematic too, but even though they don't have a test seat, you have the option of testing it out Just walk up to the exit and ask for a chance to test the seat. They'll let you hop on for a sec in between runs and see how it goes. You have to jump back in line if you fit (which should seem obvious, until you're sitting there and just ready to go) but it's worth it rather than waiting and having to abort.

I'm heading to Cedar Point for the first time this summer. I am 6'7", but am very skinny, what rides should I expect to have trouble on. I've been to KD and didn't have trouble with any of their rides. Just wondering if CP was different in their strictness?

I'm heading to Cedar Point for the first time this summer. I am 6'7", but am very skinny, what rides should I expect to have trouble on. I've been to KD and didn't have trouble with any of their rides. Just wondering if CP was different in their strictness?

Here is the link to the height restrictions:

https://www.cedarpoint.com/help/ride-policies

Gatekeeper, Maverick, Millennium Force, Rougarou, Top Thrill Dragster & Wicked Twister all have maximum height as 78" (6'6").

Slingshot is 79" (6'7")

Millennium Force does have a maximum height restriction of 6'6", and it is strict, unfortunately. Most rides (I don't recall which exactly) do not have a max height restriction, though I'm sure it's on the site.

Interesting you say strict, because not once (been on hundreds of times), I have never been so much as asked about my height on the ride (I am 6'6", so I would be a prime candidate).

The only ride I have ever been checked at CP has been Gatekeeper that I can ever remember (6'6" limit)... One time they made me remove my shoes to ride, just to be safe Unfortunately, it was in the rain after a monsoon so then I had wet sock. Very inconvenient! ha. But yeah, Gatekeeper they ask me nearly every time...

Millennium Force does have a maximum height restriction of 6'6", and it is strict, unfortunately. Most rides (I don't recall which exactly) do not have a max height restriction, though I'm sure it's on the site.

Interesting you say strict, because not once (been on hundreds of times), I have never been so much as asked about my height on the ride (I am 6'6", so I would be a prime candidate).

The only ride I have ever been checked at CP has been Gatekeeper that I can ever remember (6'6" limit)... One time they made me remove my shoes to ride, just to be safe Unfortunately, it was in the rain after a monsoon so then I had wet sock. Very inconvenient! ha. But yeah, Gatekeeper they ask me nearly every time...

Maximum height is definitely a lot more difficult to enforce. Because of that, and how much less frequent it is for someone too tall than too short to try to get in line, I can totally get why it wouldn't be noticed. That said, it does happen that someone isn't permitted to ride. I suppose I used "strict" in the sense that if someone's height is checked, and they are a touch over 6'6", they won't be permitted to ride. It's just too much of a liability for the park and employees.

I'm 6'6 and when I went to the park a couple years ago, I did got asked how tall I was multiple times throughout the day. No one gave me too much hassle about it, and I think I only got measured on Wicked Twister. The team lead on that ride was a little hesitant to let me ride because of the leg clearance, but it ended up being fine.

For once I feel blessed to be of completely average height, being 5'10ish... Similar to being completely average in virtually every one of my mental and physical attributes. I'm the Joe Bauers/Luke Wilson of 2018. fml