TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Never been to coastermania. Ill go one of these years.

it was a lot of fun last year.

my favorite part was the boat ride around the peninsula. . you can get some GREAT pictures!

IMG_1834.thumb.JPG.97ddb78f928c22e0140e70807fae162a.JPG

IMG_1844.thumb.JPG.f6f7e6c2baaa02e9772fe3df4ff301b0.JPG

Got my ticket earlier, and got all my lodging reserved now! Can't wait for my first Coastermania! I typically don't go, because I go to CP so much all throughout the year anyway, but figured with Steel Vengeance there now, I'd give it a try!

On a slightly different, but similar note, has anybody heard anything about a Passholder Preview night for the ride?

^ Congrats on that! Hope you have a great time at CM! I certainly did last year, even without you-know-what opened, yet.

And if anyone is interested in seeing how one of those CM!s go, here's Bert's and my combined TR from last year's CoasterMANIA!:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74913 (It has it's "special" moments.)

IMG_3732.JPG.cca759258843ab960532b41a9d036241.JPG

From the train station. CM! Day, Friday June 2, 2017.

^Awesome TR. I’ll be popping my cherry at CP with this trip. I really can’t wait. The closet thing that I’ve done to this is ROTB at Great Adventure and loved it. This has so much more beyond that!

^Awesome TR. I’ll be popping my cherry at CP with this trip. I really can’t wait. The closet thing that I’ve done to this is ROTB at Great Adventure and loved it. This has so much more beyond that!

thanks

you're gonna love it.

(Don't miss Cedar Downs. . it's fantastic)

Oh man, you are going to have so much fun. My first Cedar Point trip was also at Coastermania. It's a great way to get to ride everything.

I'm very excited for this year's event. We get 2 hours ERT on SteVen, Maverick, and Skyhawk, plus night ERT on Millennium Force. Gonna be awesome.

^^ What he said. And ride the Skyride! Even if you don't need to! It's a cool ride to ride.

IMG_3676.JPG.b96850329461b2d2fa2d8899ca5d3211.JPG

"Hi there! We're waiting for you, Sluggo77!" Taken June 2, 2017...6:53 AM.

Sorry to interrupt the hype of Coaster Mania, but i have a question i feel has been asked a few times, but looking back quite a few pages (well a lot of pages), there hasn't been any information on it. Let me just say, I'm a big guy, but I'm using a trip to cedar point in June as motivation to drop the pounds. I've already lost 30 lbs since the middle of January, and i am only 30 lbs away from the 225 lbs guideline that Cedar Point's website lists. My trip is quite some time away, so getting well under that weight is totally doable. Still, i carry a decent bit of my weight in my legs, so that leads me to my question. I've heard the Intamins are very difficult to fit on. More specifically, the seat belts. With my build, no matter how much weight i lose, it sounds like i wont be able to ride Wicked Twister so that's already out of the question. So id like to focus more specifically on Top Thrill Dragster and Millennium Force. I've heard a whole lot of different things regarding these belts from them being about the same restrictiveness as the belts on RMC trains, to being less restrictive as RMC belts, to being more restrictive. Some people make it out that if you have any weight to you, its impossible to fit in the belts, to just needing some assistance fastening the seat belts. People also say the seat belt lengths vary drastically seat to seat. With all those varying answers, i don't know who to believe So my question is to anyone who has been to CP recently, how do those seat belts truly compare to those id find on say, Outlaw Run? What should i expect? Are they as short as some people make them out to be? I know everyone carries their weight differently, but a general consensus would help me out a lot! Also, are there any rides other than the ones i mentioned that can be tough to fit in?

I know everyone carries their weight differently, but a general consensus would help me out a lot! Also, are there any rides other than the ones i mentioned that can be tough to fit in?

you are absolutely correct on Wicked Twister.

the Mine Train also is very unforgiving (I saw a number of folks have to get out of the cars when the lap bar wouldn't close).

I seem to recall MaxAir was very uncomfortable for me, so I'd give those restraints a side glance too. . that one might be a problem.

And if it helps, I do have a thread here, that you might want to post in (a motivation thread):

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=75647

several of us are participating and supporting each other

Try the test seat at Millennium and ask for the the employee at the ride entrance to help if you're close, but can't get it yourself. We're not supposed to "force" any belts to buckle, but it's far easier for someone else to buckle for you than trying yourself. The belts definitely don't vary drastically, but it wouldn't surprise me if there's up to an inch or so variation, test seat included. If you're within an inch or two at the test seat and you're okay with not being able to buckle after waiting, go for it.

Sorry to interrupt the hype of Coaster Mania, but i have a question i feel has been asked a few times, but looking back quite a few pages (well a lot of pages), there hasn't been any information on it. Let me just say, I'm a big guy, but I'm using a trip to cedar point in June as motivation to drop the pounds. I've already lost 30 lbs since the middle of January, and i am only 30 lbs away from the 225 lbs guideline that Cedar Point's website lists. My trip is quite some time away, so getting well under that weight is totally doable. Still, i carry a decent bit of my weight in my legs, so that leads me to my question

It always just depends on your body type. I weigh 250 and I’ve never had trouble with any rides at CP. For the intamins, it’s mainly gonna be your hips/waist that determine if you can ride. I have a 36” waist and I’m fine on them, with some slack too. The B&M’s are where you may have trouble with legs. Oh, fun fact. I’m originally from Wichita, Kansas too

I will chime in since we are pretty similar in weight or at least were the last time I visited. I was 265 last time and wear size 40 pants. I have big legs as well. I was able to fit on both Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster. TTD is a tougher fit but if you can relax and not tense up that will help.

Here is a picture for reference on my size. I am 5'11. It all matters on how you carry your weight to so keep that in mind.

20150607_145704.thumb.jpg.c07219fc2b315d53b9497da321161221.jpg

I won this in one try at Kings Dominion on a Quarter I was just trying to get rid of lol.

but if you can relax and not tense up that will help.

That is the #1 piece of advise for riding Millennium & Dragster. For these two rides your thighs and waist are the key aspects. If you try to “suck it in” when getting into the seat your tense up your thighs making it harder to get in.

Whenever someone was having trouble getting in I would always have them take a big breath in, then exhale and relax which would nearly always get them in.

Also, are there any rides other than the ones i mentioned that can be tough to fit in?

I will say this, it REALLY depends how your weight is carried. For example, I am 6’5” and 248lbs… I wear 38/40 pants. I can ride everything at CP, with Wicked Twister being the only real struggle given my height due to my shoulders. Otherwise, I can ride everything at CP without issue. I just get bothered by the Gatekeeper ops constantly about my height (even though another B&M in the park is far more dangerous for my long limbs, based on personal experience and it scared the crap out of me… lol).

No issue at all on Millennium Force, Dragster, etc… I can pull 1-2” of slack on those rides. No problem either for any of the RMC’s I have ridden, those trains are perfectly fine/comfy. I never recall any struggle at all to get those belts buckled. Not worried at all for Steel Vengeance unless they decide to shorten the belts for whatever reason compared to the other RMC’s.

But yeah, really depends on your chest size (for OTSR’s) or your thigh/waist size for lapbars and belts.