TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Thanks for the shop photos, Matt. Very cool.

they're one of my favourite coaster types

Are you suddenly British?

Not British, and not suddenly. When I was growing up, my next door neighbour was Canadian, from south Ontario between Toronto and Buffalo. They moved in mid 90s sometime, and I think he was the first non-American kid I ever met. I liked the way the words looked aesthetically, so I've been doing that ever since.

Relax brah, just breakin yer stones.

Thanks for the shop photos, Matt. Very cool.

they're one of my favourite coaster types

Are you suddenly British?

Not British, and not suddenly. When I was growing up, my next door neighbour was Canadian, from south Ontario between Toronto and Buffalo. They moved in mid 90s sometime, and I think he was the first non-American kid I ever met. I liked the way the words looked aesthetically, so I've been doing that ever since.

Relax brah, just breakin yer stones.

Oh I'm fine. Just an opportunity to tell the story.

^Speak Merican!

-On Park Laundromat Tour

Cool! One of those "random" things that most people probably never think about.

Yeah... For a reason.

I just had a dream/ nightmare that Steel Vengence sucked. Not that it didn't live up to the hype, that it sucked. Worst dream of my life...

I had eggs for breakfast.

Quick question, does anyone know if the platinum Pass season long funpix add on is valid for all Cedar Fair parks? Or just the park it was purchased in? I bought mine at Cedar Point since that is the CF park I visit the most, but it would be nice to not have to buy day passes for the other parks if I can avoid them

Quick question, does anyone know if the platinum Pass season long funpix add on is valid for all Cedar Fair parks? Or just the park it was purchased in? I bought mine at Cedar Point since that is the CF park I visit the most, but it would be nice to not have to buy day passes for the other parks if I can avoid them

Yes, valid at all parks.

Not quite every park has FunPix, though. It used to be "C" and "K" parks only, though it looks like Worlds Of Fun got added this year. Parks like Dorney and Michigan's Adventure have some photo locations but do not offer FunPix so you can't use it at those parks. It's a great deal (especially if you bought it at a "cheaper" park) and I thoroughly enjoyed the photos we got last year at all the different parks we visited. Except Dorney... but who needs memories of THAT place

8479cc1080fc4281ae10084749a93611.jpg

Not quite every park has FunPix, though...

Good clarification. We got ours at Cedar Point and then it was nice to have at Kings Island and Carowinds. If only I knew about it when we were at Knott's earlier in the year. Would have had a couple more photos and would have saved a whole $10!

BTW, it was a fun surprise to discover a video clip in my FunPix account from our Mystic Timbers ride, especially since we were in the front seat. I hope they add something like that on SV.

I forgot where I read it but I did read somewhere that would be adding some sort of video implementation with Steel Vengeance. The Kings Island one is so bad it's good. Maybe.

Edit:

Found it.

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/story/201802240008

"In addition to a big ride sign, the plaza will feature lockers, ride photos and on-ride videos, similar to what’s available for Mystic Timbers at King's Island"

^ ...But if they were to remove some of the older attractions like Iron Dragon, Snake River Falls, Thunder Canyon, Corkscrew, CC Mine Ride and Wicked Twister, they could still shoe-horn some great coasters/attractions in those spots.

I would love to see CP take out Snake River Falls, and use the land behind it, if needed, to install a really extensive log flume-type ride like Chiapa's (Phantasialand).

Of course, moderately themed...after all this CF

^ ...But if they were to remove some of the older attractions like Iron Dragon, Snake River Falls, Thunder Canyon, Corkscrew, CC Mine Ride and Wicked Twister, they could still shoe-horn some great coasters/attractions in those spots.

I would love to see CP take out Snake River Falls, and use the land behind it, if needed, to install a really extensive log flume-type ride like Chiapa's (Phantasialand).

Of course, moderately themed...after all this CF

Yep, I would be cool with that too...just as long as they don't mess with Skyhawk! They could rip out the Mine Ride, SRF, the old Skyride building, move the Skycoaster elsewhere and have tons of land in that area to use for one or more large attractions.

I don't know if anybody saw it or is interested in, but on Google Maps (satellite look) has the park been updated! The former was somewhen from the removal of Disaster Transport. Now it's a view to the Point from around July 2017 (as you see on Steel Vengeances progress which matches exactly my pictures from the second week of July).