TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

In 2017:

Samples cost 1 ticket for both food or drink. A full plate of food or a full size alcoholic beverage is 3 tickets. Bottle of soda is 1 ticket.

Each book / entry is 15 tickets. You can buy an additional book of 15 tickets for $20 after you go through your first book.

Get 15 sodas and resell them in the park and profit!

Food last year:

Taste of Carolina – Pulled Pork or Chicken Sliders with a trio of Carolina Sauces

Kansas City – Smokehouse Ribs and Pecan Tartlet and Banana Cream Pie

Memphis – BBQ Pork Shoulder Sandwich and Smoked Sausage

Texas – Smoked Sliced Brisket and Barbeque Carnita Nachos

Drinks last year:

10 Barrel

Joe

B Nektar

Kill All the Golfers 

Zombie Killer 

Ballast Point

Longfin Lager

Manta Ray

Pineapple Sculpin

Best Damn

Cream Soda

Root Beer

Blue Point

Blueberry Ale

Boston Beer

Angry Orchard Crisp Apple

Curious Traveler Lemon Shandy

Sam Adams Porch Rocker

Sam Adams Rebel Juiced IPA

Traveler Grapefruit Shandy

Boulevard

Ginger Lemon Radler

Columbus Brewery

Columbus IPA

Thunderlips

Crabbies

Ginger Beer 

Scottish Raspberry 

Spiced Orange

Crispin

Blackberry Pear Cider

Original Cider

Pear Cider

Deschutes

Black Butte Porter

Fresh Squeezed IPA

Hop Slice Summer Ale

Pacific Wonderland 

Devils Backbone

8 Point

Vienna Lager

Downeast Cider

Cranberry Blend

Original Blend

Elysian

Space Dust

Superfuzz

Fatheads

Bumble Berry 

Head Hunter 

Sunshine Daydream 

Goose Island

Four Star Pils

Green Line

IPA

Summertime

Great Lakes

Burning River

Commodore Perry

Dortmunder Gold

Edmund Fitzgerald

Eliot Ness

Steady Rollin

Turntable Pils

Harpoon 

Camp Wannamango

UFO Huckleberry

UFO White

Henry Weinhard's

Hard Cherry

Hard Ginger Ale

Hard Grape

Hard Orange Soda

Jackie O's

Hop Ryot 

Mystic Mama 

Kona 

Big Wave

Longboard

Leinenkugel 

Grapefruit Shandy

Summer Shandy

Watermelon Shandy

Lexington Brewing

Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale

Kentucky Peach Barrel Wheat

Kentucky Vanilla Barrel Cream Ale 

Margaritaville Brewing

Landshark

Market Garden

Citramax

Hellamango

Progress Pilsner

Prosperity Wheat

Maui Brewing Company 

Big Swell IPA

Bikini Blonde Lager 

Pineapple Mana Wheat

New Belgium

Citradellic Exotic Lime

Dayblazer

Fat Tire

Heavy Melon

Voodoo Ranger

North American Breweries

Magic Hat #9

Magic Hat Circus Boy

Magic Hat Electric Peel

Seagrams Jamaican Me Happy

Omission

IPA

Lager

Oskar Blues

Dales Pale Ale

IPA

Mama's Lil Yella Pils

Platform Beer Co.

High Brow Barista

New Cleveland Palesner

Speed Merchant

Redhead Ciderhouse

Apple Pie

Blackberry Shandy

Rhinegeist

Cidergeist Bubbles

Cougar

Peach Dodo

Truth

Shock Top

Lemon Shandy

Ruby Fresh

Short's

Huma Lupa Licious 

Space Rock 

Small Town Brewery

NYF Ginger Ale

NYF Rootbeer

NYF Vanilla Cream 

NYM Apple Pie

NYM Ice Tea

NYM Strawberry Rhubarb

Spiked Seltzer

Cape Cod Cranberry

Valencia Orange

Stone

Arrogant Bastard 

Go To 

Ripper Pale 

Who You Callin Wussie 

Sweetwater

Blue

Going Coastal

IPA

The Brew Kettle

All for One

Black Rajah

CP Shores Shandy

El Lupulo Libre

Frontier Trail Ale

Iron Horse Porter

Kitka

Old 21

Rougabrew

Slaughterhouse Red

Summer Rays

Valravn

White Rajah

Wyder's

Prickly Pineapple 

Raspberry Cider

Reposado Pear Cider

Also you were not required to use the plastic souvenir cup you get, they also had disposable plastic cups at each station.

I don't drink much but it sure is going to be interesting after visiting that event then getting on SV

Once again if you're a platinum pass holder you got a free 12oz sample from the Brew Kettle stand last year. Which was enough for me cause I too am not a drinker. Hopefully they do that again this year.

If you have a season drink plan use that for your cokes/fountain drinks (there's a freestyle in the area) and save all your tickets for food. This is what I did and 1 booklet of tickets was more than enough. Even the sample portions are a decent size when you consider how much there is to sample.

Yeah, Bill & Bert's has that info. They took a lot of pictures of the literature. I got some KC ribs and used the rest of my tickets on beer.

Here's Bert's photo of the list of food from last year's B&B. Personally,

I liked the Nashville Blue Plate BBQ, as you could put a

whole plateful of food together with those sample sized servings.

Which were pretty good portions too, I remember.

The desserts were "okay." Nothing special, really.

CP-Brew-and-BBQ.jpg.53d7db0092efbd03b029193ed278bf4b.jpg

Thank you. I do not have a pass.

I'm sure someone in here did a Trip report on their Brews and BBQ experience. feel free to link it for me to read.

here ya go. . it's a long TR, but the Brews & BBQ is at the bottom of page 7

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74913

Looks like there's a good chance Emily and I are going to be among the showerless on May 20th. Ever since I brought up the idea of camping in CP, she's been on board. I had no idea it would only be $200 for the both of us including two days at the park, a couple meals, and ERT. (Do I have that correct? It seems too good to be true.)

Does anyone have an educated guess on how the crowds will be that weekend? We'd probably go for the FL+ at least one day. I'm also curious how beneficial the ERT will be considering the unknown on the number of guests present. I don't really care if everything is not open, considering this park has enough for 2-3 parks.

My strategy is to bring as many hoosier sponge bath-ish style cleaning products as possible and use my prescribed ambien to get me through the night. I can guarantee that I'm particular enough to get myself pretty clean with a gallon of water, soap, and a few wash clothes while crammed in a tent. I won't be able to speak for the rest of the group.

^ I usually don't like to rub chemicals all over my body, but that very well may be a good solution. It would be nice to wipe down with that and then use a damp wash cloth to get the chemicals off. (not a pretty picture)

Thanks for the tip. I'm really going to take that into consideration.

I tried to find some youtube videos or TR's about camping in the park, but I'm striking out. Most of the videos I find are in the RV park and others are away from the park. *EDIT* - Disregard about the videos. I guess it actually helps to google the name of the event.

From working Millennium Force during the event in 2017, I didn't notice any difference in crowd levels than usual for that day. A weekend in mid/late May is usually a pretty good time to go if you're no overly concerned about everything being open and operated perfectly. I'd expect Steel Vengeance to be a little excessive, but everything else manageable in the regular queues and pretty laid back with Fast Lane on one of the days.

^^ Zach - you could always get your hand stamped and go to the (nearest) bathroom at the entrance to the water park as they have showers in there that you can use without having to go into the water park.

Another option would be to use the campground showers - the walk would be a little further, but they will likely be cleaner than the one at the water park (there always seems to be a lot of dead muffleheads in that one).

I hear where you are coming from though - I would go nuts if I stayed a couple days at CP and wasn't able to shower. Actually, I can't even imagine going a couple of days without a shower, period!

Capture.JPG.a39fb7748b3cdb22007e2cb809df5d11.JPG

Here are the bathrooms and showers

I've never experienced ERT. I was wondering if anyone had any idea what the typical wait time for something like Steel Vengeance would be with all of the other campers. Are these tickets limited?

During Coastermania! the evening ERT lines were longer than the lines had been on the prior day, so we skipped all of them, and just went for the kiddie coaster, since it was a chance to be a credit whore (which I'm not. . but it was a rare opportunity to ride Wilderness run)

so that's the only thing we bothered with during ERT.. seriously, the lines for Maverick were longer than they had been all day.

Hey all,

Coming down to CP from Toronto some Saturday early June. Only coming for one day, but want to ride probably every coaster twice, potentially a few of our favourites a few more times (probably SV, love RMC). Anyways, would it be worthwhile to go platinum pass? How much time will it honestly cut at that time of the year?

Oh and if y'all know approximate price that would be awesome too.

^ It probably would be worth it to get it, from my one-visit experience there. We got it for the day after CoasterMANIA! and it was just

over $100 for that Saturday, June 3. The price varies depending on the day, and can go as low as $89 or as high as $110. Or higher.

EDIT: Also, buying it online, just as you're about to go there, may save you a few $ as well.

But - remember that all coasters are not created equal, lol. One (or more) could shut down, or be down for maintenance. However, we

did get rides on all coasters in one day.

Good luck for your one-day adventure, there!

Edited by Nrthwnd

I've never experienced ERT. I was wondering if anyone had any idea what the typical wait time for something like Steel Vengeance would be with all of the other campers. Are these tickets limited?

To 1500, I think. Almost all of those people will be in line, so think 40ish minutes being practical assuming all three trains are running.