TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Just a noob question i noticed that it was mentioned that last year tickets went on sale for coastermania in march and me and a few friends were looking to go to that or holliwood nights, more like this as its slightly closer and we can hit kennywood on the way home. What I am wondering is they didnt just sell them when they announced it until they were sold out and i missed it? or is it they just announced dates so you could make plans and then later will announce the date tickets are available?

^ Last year, they seemed to be selling the tickets right up to the weekend itself.

I kept checking and checking, well after I'd bought our tickets. But no sellout I saw.

Also note, it's usually held on the first Friday of June.

Therefore, the date should be June 1, 2018.

And from last year's experience, it really is a great day there.

IMG_3813.JPG.a74e4802bd743012f68ad34c829240ab.JPG

Last year we got evening ERT on this! How amazingly sad and wonderfully pathetic was this??? (o; June 2/17.

They've not starting selling tickets yet. Don't worry, you haven't missed it. They only sell 1000, and they did sell out in 2016 when Valravn was new. If they didn't sell out last year, it's only because they hadn't gotten to 1000. This year Steel Vengeance is a bigger deal to enthusiasts than Valravn was, so I'd check this thread and CP's website frequently and buy the ticket as soon as possible.

.....I sort of feel like Top Thrill Dragster would be absurdly high up on that list.

TTD is an awesome ride, but I've never had a coaster spite me more than that one! From my perspective, it seems to have quite a bit of down time (compared to the other coasters). Perhaps TTD's downtime seemingly more than most is the reason it doesn't rank in the top 5?

.....I sort of feel like Top Thrill Dragster would be absurdly high up on that list.

TTD is an awesome ride, but I've never had a coaster spite me more than that one! From my perspective, it seems to have quite a bit of down time (compared to the other coasters). Perhaps TTD's downtime seemingly more than most is the reason it doesn't rank in the top 5?

I'm sure the downtime hurts the number of riders, but when it's up against high capacity rides like Millennium Force and the B&Ms at Cedar Point, it's going to have a hard time being near the top of the list regardless. Last year I was on the launch track of TTD and got pulled back into the station and off the train twice in the same trip. And on one of those days I also got pulled off the train of Maverick before it shut down for the night. We were not good luck, but we did end up with exit passes for the next day.

I've got my Kings Island/Cedar Point trip all booked now for the first week of June! Can't wait for some rides on Steel Vengeance.

I'd be interested to know what the most popular coasters among guests are, as differed from the coasters which had the most riders.

Based off of me personally talking to guests the past 3 seasons they usually said their favorite ride was either Millennium, Dragster or Gatekeeper. Occasionally guests would say their favorite was Maverick or Raptor.

For me, it seems most prefer Maverick with a side of GateKeeper and Millennium Force. I noticed that people weren't quite as high on Valravn as I expected.

^ Don't tell that to my sister - she said that Valravn was her new favorite coaster at CP when her and her hubby rode it two years ago. She had never been on a dive coaster before and she just went nuts for it. They got FL+ and she said that they just rode it again and again and again...she couldn't get enough of it.

Count me as another huge fan of Valravn and dive coasters in general. So smooth, so fun...and you just have to love that first drop. Is it my favorite coaster at CP? No, I still prefer MF and Maverick...but it definitely sits at a solid #3 for me.

At least until next spring anyway!

^ Yeah, I feel much the same way. I think a lot of enthusiasts panned Valravn just because they had already been on the Busch Gardens dive coasters. For me, a good indicator of how much I enjoyed a ride is how many times I chose to ride it. On my day at CP back in 2016, I rode Millennium Force the most, 6 times, and Valravn was second at 5. Magnum and Maverick were tied at 4 times each. So even though when I think "what was my favourite ride there?" the three Ms come to mind first, I enjoyed Valravn enough to spend a good deal of time there, and I think that says something.

Yeah, I have a bad feeling my Econo Lodge isn't long for this world.

Come on Econo Lodge, stay strong. Don't sell. Don't let them get a Monopoly on Route 6 and Cedar Point drive and start putting f*cking hotels on everything. They already (literally) have a hotel on Boardwalk. These people are straight up savages.

Last call for room 202, lol!

b1c921f7528a2001e6328cde516fe313.jpg

[For those out of the know coasterbill flashed his ACE memb--- I mean choice hotels membership card and got a free upgrade to a fancy ass weird as **** suite in room 202.... ]

Let's all pay our respects to the econo-lodge, you were... simply ok... while you lasted...

For what it's worth, I stayed there and it was actually pretty decent given it's convenient location, it's price, and not scary and disgusting as f*** like the rodeway inn's in town which I wouldn't recommend even looking in the direction of... not to say I've been there; I wouldn't be dumb enough to stay there at $35 a night after reading the reviews.... and after being in one rodeway inn for the same price in Texas and fearing my life and not even needing to bring out the black light to see the disgusting stains everywhere... ::shudders:: -- but the EconoLodge on the other hand, you will be missed for your outstanding value and location

[/eulogy]