TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I mean buying some fairly cheap trains from a defunct park isn't the craziest idea I've ever heard, especially if S&S can manufacture a 3rd if they wanted.

Cedar Point is not in the habit of installing second-hand goods, so I don't so it happening to Magnum.

Don't worry. Once Magnum has sunk enough, they'll relocate it to Dorney and they can use Titan's trains then.

Quick platinum pass question:

Does it matter what park you purchase your pass / get it processed at? Is there any difference between a KI platinum pass and a CP platinum pass, or is it just a cedar fair platinum pass, and the benefits apply universally?

Doesn't matter, and the benefits apply universally.

Quick platinum pass question:

Does it matter what park you purchase your pass / get it processed at? Is there any difference between a KI platinum pass and a CP platinum pass, or is it just a cedar fair platinum pass, and the benefits apply universally?

Technically the only thing that matters is I believe you have to get a replacement pass at the park you originally purchased or processed at if you lose it. At least the disclaimers on the back say that but Guest Services would probably help you if a situation comes up. I've purchased passes on CP's website before and have processed at KI in years past.

While Platinum Pass benefits vary per park (early entry for example at some parks but not others), you are entitled to whatever pass benefit the park offers with the pass. Discounts are typically the same chain wide.

Thanks guys, appreciate it! The official website is pretty clear on this point, but I think it could be even more clear. And every website (KD vs CP for example) words the benefits of the platinum pass a little differently. For example, the KD website says "...at all Cedar Fair Parks across the country..." but I know CW is included too. I guess they don't expect people to travel around to most Cedar Fair parks, and I plan on going to 5 this season.

Best way to explain it is the Platinum Pass entitles you to whatever perk that park offers. While the perks may very park to park, you're entitled to them all once you're inside the gates.

These may be an obvious answer to a question that wasn't asked yet this off season. If you have a Platinum Pass your all season dining plan and drink plan/bottle are valid at all parks too.

^ Poor Steel Force.

I remember the operator at Magnum was openly mocking Steel Force during my last visit.

Hah! I'm sure the Cedar Fair execs would really appreciate the mocking of a sister park. Pretty funny, though.

New blog entry from Tony, talks about rider numbers

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/happy-new-year

In the meantime, let’s talk ride numbers from 2017. By the way, it should be noted that our Ride Operations Team has received the 2017 iROC Audit Excellence Award, which is based on how park ride crews are following and adhering to safety, efficiency and professionalism standards.

Cedar Point is in good company too, as the only other parks to win this award were our sister park California’s Great America and Holiday World. This is a big deal, kids. Congratulations to all!

So I’m not going to reveal the exact order of “most rides given” to “least rides given” for you. Instead, I’ll put our top 5 here and you can start thinking about what order they should be in (#1 being the most rides given and #5 being the least). I’ll share the correct order in the coming days.

In no particular order, here they are:

Valravn

GateKeeper

Millennium Force

Magnum XL-200

Raptor

Take your guesses - I'll be back with the answers in a few days.

I mean buying some fairly cheap trains from a defunct park isn't the craziest idea I've ever heard, especially if S&S can manufacture a 3rd if they wanted.

Cedar Point is not in the habit of installing second-hand goods, so I don't so it happening to Magnum.

Well....except for the fact that almost all of the Planet Snoopy rides came from GL. As well as a lot of other things you might not notice like light poles from the area that was around Steel Venom at GL. So it's not like they've NEVER installed second hand goods from a closed park!

Yes, I should have tailored my words better to focus on MAJOR rides.

All right, Tony's given us several more pages of this thread! I'll take a stab first:

Millennium Force

Gatekeeper

Valravn

Magnum

Raptor

Eh, gatekeeper was number one last year, so I'm keeping it there..

Gatekeeper

Millennium force

Valravn

Raptor

Magnum.

MF and valravn could easily be switched though.

I'd be interested to know what the most popular coasters among guests are, as differed from the coasters which had the most riders.

It would be a tough thing to measure, but I sort of feel like Millennium Force would be #1 in both categories (since I have a "hunch" it'll be #1 in ridership this year too).

After that, it would be interesting. I sort of feel like Top Thrill Dragster would be absurdly high up on that list.

After that, it would be interesting. I sort of feel like Top Thrill Dragster would be absurdly high up on that list.

I think so, too. It seems like most of the people I know who have been to Cedar Point love talking about Dragster.

I think so, too. It seems like most of the people I know who have been to Cedar Point love talking about Dragster.

isn't most of that talk about how it broke down just as they were about to get on it tho?

(i keed, i keed)

It’s funny though because I think most people will exaggerate when telling that story... “we were NEXT in line!!!!” But when I worked at Cedar Point, I overheard guests saying that almost every day

Happened to me during Halloweekends a few years ago. We were a group of three, and one of us had already ridden, so he (my brother) chilled on the midway for a bit pointing at us and laughing before eventually moving on. 45 minutes later, we rode.

I am curious where Maverick is, in all this? Back in June, it certainly had the lineups for it,

But then there were those (sometimes) long breakdowns, etc.

Even without downtime, Maverick still probably wouldn't be in the top 5. Sure it's very popular, but line length =/= ridership.

It’s funny though because I think most people will exaggerate when telling that story... “we were NEXT in line!!!!” But when I worked at Cedar Point, I overheard guests saying that almost every day

Happened to me during Halloweekends a few years ago. We were a group of three, and one of us had already ridden, so he (my brother) chilled on the midway for a bit pointing at us and laughing before eventually moving on. 45 minutes later, we rode.

Happened to me as well during my first visit in May (this would’ve been my first ride on Dragster). However I had Fast Lane so I didn’t have much to complain about.

I'd be interested to know what the most popular coasters among guests are, as differed from the coasters which had the most riders.

Based off of me personally talking to guests the past 3 seasons they usually said their favorite ride was either Millennium, Dragster or Gatekeeper. Occasionally guests would say their favorite was Maverick or Raptor.