TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

How bout - instead of a boring little GCI - a massive prefab to block the wind? Probably not very feasible but I've been on the CP prefab train for a while now and it would be way too cool to see that. If not, a guess a GCI or preferably a gravity group could go there. What about a smaller Prefab like Balder? As long as it's a wooden coaster I'm happy. But then again, I'd be happy even if they got a family coaster.... just thinking out loud. Don't mind me.

I’d love to see them give Blue Streak a complete refurbishment before seeing a new wooden coaster.

I wonder if the park would ever consider some kind of seaside “Downtown Disney” esque entertainment district. Would do a lot towards making the point a multi-day destination and there’s not much for people staying on the peninsula to do in terms of nightlife.

The bolts are there to make it nice and rough so that people think it's a wooden coaster. People love that good old fashioned jostling. Speaking of which, anyone know when they're going to be installing the pothole? Really looking forward to that.

ROFL...don't forget those Square wheels too

This is off topic: What do you think CP will replace the torn down Oceana statium with? If anything at all?

Not making a prediction here, but I would love to see a Planet Snoopy expansion with a new family coaster added, maybe a B&M family invert.

I could probably see that...especially if the rumors about Wicked Twister possibly being sold or removed come to fruition. I personally hope that they don't remove WT, but I could see them merging the two kiddie areas between Max Air and Melt into one huge kiddie area now that Oceana stadium is gone.

Blue Streak's a tight fit because of the retrofitted trains, but otherwise I'm of the mind that it doesn't technically need anything. I'd like single lap bars back and no dividers but that's never gonna happen. The ride tracks awesome.

I wouldn't mind the park getting a really good wooden twister though as an accompaniment. What the park needs, though, are indoor attractions. It has literally none.

Blue Streak's a tight fit because of the retrofitted trains, but otherwise I'm of the mind that it doesn't technically need anything. I'd like single lap bars back and no dividers but that's never gonna happen. The ride tracks awesome.

I wouldn't mind the park getting a really good wooden twister though as an accompaniment. What the park needs, though, are indoor attractions. It has literally none.

I'm surprised Cedar Point doesn't add Boo Blasters on Boo Hill (like Carowinds, Canada's Wonderland, King's Island and King's Dominion has)

I'm surprised Cedar Point doesn't add Boo Blasters on Boo Hill (like Carowinds, Canada's Wonderland, King's Island and King's Dominion has)

I believe Boo Blasters was a Paramount era addition to those parks. Cedar Fair only debranded it, it was originally Scooby-Doo IIRC.

I believe Boo Blasters was a Paramount era addition to those parks. Cedar Fair only debranded it, it was originally Scooby-Doo IIRC.

Though it has been rumored that the Point will add an interactive dark ride from TrioTech.

How bout - instead of a boring little GCI - a massive prefab to block the wind? Probably not very feasible but I've been on the CP prefab train for a while now and it would be way too cool to see that. If not, a guess a GCI or preferably a gravity group could go there. What about a smaller Prefab like Balder? As long as it's a wooden coaster I'm happy. But then again, I'd be happy even if they got a family coaster.... just thinking out loud. Don't mind me.

Didn't Rob Decker say that they wanted to open up the beach? Wooden Coasters block views. If they were to add a wooden rollercoaster, I could see it going somewhere in Millennium island, or take out the raft ride and put it there... but certainly not alongside the beach.

Whatever the park does with the area near the demolished stadium/amphitheater, I'm guessing it will heavily incorporate the beach. Hasn't Cedar Point been recently focused on taking fuller advantage of their beach front and location?

Why are people still so obsessed with that old “opening up the beach” comment that was made around the time Gatekeeper was being constructed? I think all that was meant was that Disaster Transport was being demolished. The way some of you have taken that comment years later makes you think nothing will ever be built on the beach again because it would block the view of the water. Pretty sure that’s not what was being inferred.

Edited by southpuddle

Trying to schedule a trip up next year from NC and would like suggestions on when to schedule my week. I can take off any week in May or June.

Thanks

I would never suggest going to Cedar Point before Memorial Day unless you're a local with a season pass. They haven't had all of their coasters ready for opening day since 2013 and in a few of those cases it was weeks before they were all running.

Why are people still so obsessed with that old “opening up the beach” comment that was made around the time Gatekeeper was being constructed? I think all that was meant was that Disaster Transport was being demolished. The way some of you have taken that comment years later makes you think nothing will ever be built on the beach again because it would block the view of the water. Pretty sure that’s not what was being inferred.

I think you're partially right about that, in that you would be wrong to think that Cedar Fair would build nothing along side the beach in order to maintain a view of the beach. However, a large scale wooden roller coaster would completely block out the beach, and they don't want that.

Has fast lane prices been released for 2018 yet

If I'm not mistaken, No

I can't see them expanding the Kids section. . c'mon CP has that giant Camp Snoopy area in addition to the two separate kids sections.

but what I *can* imagine them doing?

Expand Camp Snoopy area into where the old boat ride was (and also maybe back into the Dinosaurs Alive! area), by moving the rides from the kiddie area over near Wicked Twister/Max Air into Camp Snoopy.

that would open up a huge area to put something large. . either another big flat, or maybe some sort of Free-Spin coaster, or some new idea that could really spread out into those current kiddie area.

*and I still think most of that arcade could be turned into an excellent dark ride, as much as i love all the old games/pinball machines.

was dead in there everytime I went in. . so they could make better use of that space.

still. . .I love CP as it is, so anything they do is just cake, even if they just put in a sand volleyball court

Trying to schedule a trip up next year from NC and would like suggestions on when to schedule my week. I can take off any week in May or June.

Thanks

If your taking a whole week off, then weekdays would be recommended. Every operating weekend is crowded, especially Memorial Day weekend. May is a great time to go, as long as the weather cooperates. Being a Canadian, I usually visit our long weekend before Memorial Day and have had a great time every time. Every ride was open and crowds were manageable. That’s being said, if your willing to splurge $90+ on Fast Lane, you can visit any day and have a good time.

With Steel Vengeance opening next year, I would make sure it’s fully operational before visiting. You wouldn’t want to miss the industry’s new hotness.

I merely made a guess and also asked a question. I remember recently reading an article stating that Cedar Point wanted to further capitalize on the beach. Never did I suggest that they would not build anything in that area, rather I would guess the beach may be somehow incorporated with whatever they're going to do in that area. That could be anything from simply making the area more open to views of the beach in addition to the new attraction(s), or constructing an 800 foot giant purple swinging ship ride that takes you over the beach and water.

Either way, I hope I can get to sleep as I endlessly obsess over this.

still. . .I love CP as it is, so anything they do is just cake, even if they just put in a sand volleyball court

Come on Bert. You should know they already have sand volleyball courts by Breakers. Unless they are going for the widest, sandiest sand volleyball court in the world, need to have those records!

Aren't there volleyball courts created out on the sand there, lakeside?

Thought I saw one, with people playing on it, when we were there in June.

IMG_3836.JPG.300d8c5e653cbb2af4efed0ddd44a231.JPG

I even took a picture of it! (o; June 3/17.