TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I think opening day Saturday for Valravn it was $180+ but was significantly less on Sunday.

As someone who bought FL+ both of those days, I seem to remember Saturday being $120 and Sunday being $93, but definitely nothing in the realm of $180. I don't think they've ever gone above the $149 price.

The wait time for SteVen on it's opening day . . . . dare we speculate? I say . . . . 3 hours?

Didn't Millennium Force hit 4+? This doesn't have the benefit of 9 car trains either, so I can only imagine the wait times, even with all three trains running.

If Mystic Timbers could still muster 3-4 waits this year on its opening day with similar capacity and a much shorter layout, I'd ballpark this at...4-5 hours probably.

Somewhere on this thread, I think someone said MF was 4 hour plus on it's opening day (and I think TTD was 5 hours).

Think this could be broken next season with SteVen.

Screenshot_20171107-175224.thumb.jpg.d30fa92ee77a84e728e73e2036bda5ce.jpg

I'm thinking anyone who goes on opening day will be lucky to get on SteVen before the park closes. Demand plus CP's terrible operations on opening day plus Ohio State Day or whatever equals go some other time.

Agreed.

I can't even fathom going on opening day - period. Although I'm sure that there will be many that will tough it out so that they can have bragging rights that they rode it before their friends (or fellow enthusiasts).

I'll probably go opening day but avoid that corner of the park like the plague and enjoy shorter lines elsewhere. Or complain that rides aren't ready!

Then I typically take a day off work mid-week in May or early June and enjoy the park when it's a ghost town.

My last opening day was 2003. Waited 2 hours for Dragster, exited to see the line stretching down the midway under Corkscrew. Walked to the front, rode Wicked Twister, Raptor, and Blue Streak. Headed around towards Mantis and Millennium Force, then back to Mean Streak, and then Magnum. After Magnum, got some lunch and sat in the bleachers for a couple hours just watching the ride.

I have waited 2 to 2.5 hours for almost all the major coasters there, but have never waited more than 3.

Did anyone note that Tony already mentioned the CoasterMania date? I was so thankful because a day prior I had gotten worried my June plans might overlap with CoasterMania. Thankfully, they don't, so less than a week after I'll probably get ERT on this wonderful creation I will be headed to Florida for WDW.

They also recently put out a survey for previous Chill-Out attendees to weigh-in on what they'd like to see at next year's event. A few of the options were tours of the hotels, Haunt maze tour, Amazement shop (can someone tell me what this is?), and of course, Steel Vengeance! (I'll be surprised if the latter does not win popular vote, we'll have to see what the electoral college decides )

Amazement shop (can someone tell me what this is?)

The Amazement Shop is a maintenance shop outside of Cedar Point across the street from Quaker Steak & Lube. Seeing the maintenance shop inside CP that does the overhaul of the Millennium Force, Maverick, and Dragster trains has always been my favorite part of the Winter Chill Out, so you bet I put on my survey that I want to see The Amazement Shop too!

Edited by JRice92

^He did? I don't have a Twitter so I don't really ever see his posts but I expected to at least hear an announcement on Facebook.

I really need those dates lol. What are the dates for this year?

CoasterMania 2018 is on Friday, June 1st. As far as I've seen the Winter Chill Out date hasn't been announced yet.

The Amazement Shop is a maintenance shop outside of Cedar Point across the street from Quaker Steak & Lube. Seeing the maintenance shop inside CP that does the overhaul of the Millennium Force, Maverick, and Dragster trains has always been my favorite part of the Winter Chill Out, so you bet I put on my survey that I want to see The Amazement Shop too!

Does Amazement do more the B&Ms? I seem to remember the one we saw this year did mainly Intamin. That was definitely one of the highlights of Chill-Out. Also seeing everyone go gaga over the little bits of SteVen we could see.

Does Amazement do more the B&Ms? I seem to remember the one we saw this year did mainly Intamin. That was definitely one of the highlights of Chill-Out. Also seeing everyone go gaga over the little bits of SteVen we could see.

I know for sure the Raptor, Rougarou, & Wicked Twister trains go to the amazement shop, I'm going to assume that the Gatekeeper trains go there as well. I know the Valravn trains actually stay at the ride and they just enclose the storage track to overhaul the trains in place over the winter.

I know for sure the Raptor, Rougarou, & Wicked Twister trains go to the amazement shop, I'm going to assume that the Gatekeeper trains go there as well. I know the Valravn trains actually stay at the ride and they just enclose the storage track to overhaul the trains in place over the winter.

That's interesting the Valravn trains stay at the ride. Is it just due to their size and the maintenance capacity of the transfer shed?

Cedar Point has the sale again this year one ticket one fastlane plus any day that's not Saturday through Labor Day for $90. I jumped on it since we aren't getting Kings Island Platinum or Gold passes this year. Can't wait to get back to the park.