TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I'm eager to see just how great Steel Vengeance turns out to be... I've not yet been on an RMC, nor have I been to Cedar Point, so I feel like this could be a good excuse to knock both off of my list!

You're in for a treat.

After doing our mega coaster tour this summer, RMC is now my favorite ride manufacturers. Had the opportunity to ride most of there creations, and I am really looking forward to this one.

I'm eager to see just how great Steel Vengeance turns out to be... I've not yet been on an RMC, nor have I been to Cedar Point, so I feel like this could be a good excuse to knock both off of my list!

It's so hard to explain to someone who hasn't been on one, just how amazing RMC coasters are. You seriously feel like you are about to be launched out of your seat into oblivion at any given moment. I don't think I have EVER felt negative airtime so strong on ANY coaster EVER compared to what RMC delivers.

You'll LOVE both Cedar Point, and SteVen!! Make the trip, you wont regret it!

Oh man, Cedar Point without SteVen is still one of the best parks anywhere. There's hardly any way to make it better, but an RMC will do the trick. Anyone who hasn't been to the Point or hasn't been on an RMC should be planning a trip to Sandusky.

Fixed. And I wholeheartedly agree with this.

Five. Easy.

This will probably be The Biggest Opening since anything operating in Japan, lol! Truth.

Long, long, LONG queues are normal to them. And they have to deal with it.

This will be a definite record of some kind, for an opening, I'm thinking.

EDIT after reflecting: Then again, for Japan it's Operations that makes big queues, most times.

But - whatever, it's still going to be "something" to see and hear about, when SteVen opens that day.

"Whats gots its, in its pocketsesss...???"

EDIT after reflecting: Then again, for Japan it's Operations that makes big queues, most times.

But - whatever, it's still going to be "something" to see and hear about, when SteVen opens that day.

"Whats gots its, in its pocketsesss...???"

What made you think that? Outside of Fuji Q, I normally find Japan operations fantastic. I know Flying Dinosaur was hitting 10-11 hour lines but it seemed more down to the number of people than operations, they did everything they could to make those lines move with the unloading of stuff way before boarding, probably even better than the american Universal does with their detectors and stuff etc. (although Harry Potter's locker room sucks)

^ I agree, it's Fuji-Q that probably made me post what I did. But there were a few other parks, where loading and unloading took on a whole new meaning, with "exercises" before boarding, cheer leading in the stations before the train is sent out, and just "extra stuff" done by staff and ride ops, in the station, which appeared to me to slow down dispatches etc. And cause lines to be long and stay long. Add to that the huge local population at some of these parks, and time does go on and on, while in queue.

The wait time for SteVen on it's opening day . . . . dare we speculate? I say . . . . 3 hours?

Didn't Millennium Force hit 4+? This doesn't have the benefit of 9 car trains either, so I can only imagine the wait times, even with all three trains running.

If Mystic Timbers could still muster 3-4 waits this year on its opening day with similar capacity and a much shorter layout, I'd ballpark this at...4-5 hours probably.

^ That's where all of this....stuff.....happened. To those who were about to board the trains. Which left the rest of us, way far in the back, wondering what the f was taking so long, between train dispatches. This was especially true when we had to climb stairs as part of the queue. Then, we got finally closer, then at the queue gates, found out and went "ahhhhhhhh".

And yes, it would drive most American (and Canadian I'm sure) park goers, out - of - their frickin' - minds, lol!

The wait time for SteVen on it's opening day . . . . dare we speculate? I say . . . . 3 hours?

Didn't Millennium Force hit 4+? This doesn't have the benefit of 9 car trains either, so I can only imagine the wait times, even with all three trains running.

If Mystic Timbers could still muster 3-4 waits this year on its opening day with similar capacity and a much shorter layout, I'd ballpark this at...4-5 hours probably.

Somewhere on this thread, I think someone said MF was 4 hour plus on it's opening day (and I think TTD was 5 hours).

On the same topic, do you think Steel Vengeance will be offered on FL+ at the start of the season, and if so, how much do you think it will cost per person?

If I remember correctly, and I very well could be wrong, I think opening day Saturday for Valravn it was $180+ but was significantly less on Sunday.

I'm sure they'll offer it, but I do expect it to be absurdly expensive.

Personally I'd expect them to replace Gatekeeper with Steel Vengeance and put Gatekeeper on regular Fastlane. I know they don't actually have to replace anything when they add Steel Vengeance but at this point I have no clue why Gatekeeper is still a Fastlane Plus ride.

...but at this point I have no clue why Gatekeeper is still a Fastlane Plus ride.

I'm not as familiar with the park as some here, but yeah, I'd agree here. Visited at the height of busy August and never waited more than fifteen minutes in the regular queue.

Same here. And those were days when Millennium, Valravn, and Maverick were all 60-90 minute waits.

...but at this point I have no clue why Gatekeeper is still a Fastlane Plus ride.

I'm not as familiar with the park as some here, but yeah, I'd agree here. Visited at the height of busy August and never waited more than fifteen minutes in the regular queue.

Same here. And those were days when Millennium, Valravn, and Maverick were all 60-90 minute waits.

The main advantage of it being on FL+ is for the morning, when it can easily pull 60-90 minute waits as well, even more! But once it chomps through its queue with it's capacity....yeah it's not worth being on plus