TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

The valley was the straight away right before the final helix. If you're standing in the station the ride is coming directly at you before turning.

That was the most fun part of the ride for me. We were in the front row, so I screamed in horror at the queue

as we barreled towards it. They got a good laugh out of it, as did I.

So, I haven't been following closely... what is in the shed on Mine Ride?

If you're asking what's normally in that shed, it's the transfer track, train storage and where maintenance is performed on the trains.

If you're asking for the Haunt version of the shed, it's just some cheesy lights and maybe some music. Basically poking fun at Mystic Timbers. It was cute.

^ I was hoping that they'd figure out some interesting mapping projections to put in there.

Even an actual "attacking" animatronic would have been cool. But alas, not to be. Their loss.

Actually, I thought they could do it in two parts: the first big shed the train goes through to the lift hill.

And then, that litle itty bitty "box" at the end, attached to the station, the coaster enters before

reaching the station itself.

I thought an "extra surprise" could be put in there to freek people out, who thought the shed was "it", LOL!

My five cents. Boo.

So, I haven't been following closely... what is in the shed on Mine Ride?

If you're asking what's normally in that shed, it's the transfer track, train storage and where maintenance is performed on the trains.

I wasn't asking that, but did think that would be a good place to stop the train... and do some spooky stuff, make it a mini-haunt on the ride. Oh well... sounds like their joke went over well, though. That shed over at Mystic should be made fun of. (Would have made more sense at the beginning of the ride, right?)

Yea, didn't know if you were asking whats normally in that shed or what they did for Haunt so I answered both! lol Also, the train didn't stop it rolled through normally.

They also added a mini Coke vending machine on the brake run shed and placed a plastic model of the Mystic Timbers tree on it. All in good fun.

So another season comes to an end. Big shout out to all the CP staff for making it a great year (looking at you Josh)

Don't know how many people have said this but it needs to be mentioned how nice of a guy Jason McClure is. Many people in his position would do everything possible to avoid coaster enthusiasts but when I approached him just to say hello and thanks for a great season and he was very happy to engage in conversation. That goes a long way in guest satisfaction!

This year, I decided to go full nerd and count my laps on Millennium. I reached 268 laps which compared to some people isn't much but I was pretty damn happy with that. I'll never get sick of good ole Millennium... Yes screw you enthusiasts!

Closing day was sad as always but we bought fastlane and it made for a great day despite the cold temperatures. Finished the season being one of the 36 people on the final train of the year on Millennium.

After Millennium we took the long way to get out of the park, taking it all in one last time before spring.

As we passed the front sky ride station I happened to notice that one of the "congratulations 1,000,000 rides" signs that they put in ride stations was sitting on top of a garbage can. Since they were just gonna throw it away anyways I decided to take it home with me. I figured certain people here on TPR would appreciate it (ahem coasterbill).

Thanks again to CP and all their amazing staff for a great season. Can't wait to come back next year for Steel Vengeance!

IMG_20171030_202650943.thumb.jpg.a18fe0c6d7a7672b6b8dfdff3ac158a0.jpg

Yea, didn't know if you were asking whats normally in that shed or what they did for Haunt so I answered both! lol Also, the train didn't stop it rolled through normally.

They also added a mini Coke vending machine on the brake run shed and placed a plastic model of the Mystic Timbers tree on it. All in good fun.

Haha, thank you But really, I think they could stop the train in there an scare you... remember when Six Flags Great America had actors hiding in the tunnel on the train (the tunnel next to the Demon tunnel). That was cool! Now the train doesn't run during Fright Fest, and there aren't many actors anywhere.

BTW, big Raging Wolf Bobs fan? That was supposed to be the best ride ever when it was new... I rode it about 100 times during the ACE con in 1988. It was so smooth and fast when new!

I had a blast at CP's closing day! To make it even better, I had my first ever Dragster rollback, which was insane and super exciting, plus I was able to get on the last train of the season on Millennium. Kudos to Cedar Point and all its staff for yet another amazing year!

I wrote up a full report and added some pictures, so be sure to check it out here!

IMG_6375.thumb.JPG.ecc24279b5efe7d2598ab3f754111927.JPG

IMG_6390.thumb.JPG.ba49a7f05f2d418691433b917c568828.JPG

I had a blast at CP's closing day! To make it even better, I had my first ever Dragster rollback, which was insane and super exciting

You lucky duck, a Dragster rollback!! I read your blog post and the 1st picture of Gatekeeper keyholing with the pumpkins is beautiful. Thrilled for you that you were able to end the 2017 season on Millennium Force. I remember my mom and I talking with you guys in line at Coastermania when MF broke down at like 10:30PM and we had to help push the transfer track over while maintenance worked and worked to get it back up for just a couple more trains. Your mom said you always end your visits with a ride on MF so it's definitely fitting that you were on the last public train of the season!

...To make it even better, I had my first ever Dragster rollback, which was insane and super exciting...

Super excited for you for getting a rollback!! They are insanely amazing!!

Great photos too!! (I had no idea how "not perfectly straight" Dragsters brake run was until I saw that zoomed in photo of the track you posted!!

Anyway, glad you had a great time! Thanks for sharing!

^Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I was equally surprised by how Dragster's track bends/morphs so much and isn't perfectly straight. Still thinking about my rollback!

You lucky duck, a Dragster rollback!! I read your blog post and the 1st picture of Gatekeeper keyholing with the pumpkins is beautiful. Thrilled for you that you were able to end the 2017 season on Millennium Force. I remember my mom and I talking with you guys in line at Coastermania when MF broke down at like 10:30PM and we had to help push the transfer track over while maintenance worked and worked to get it back up for just a couple more trains. Your mom said you always end your visits with a ride on MF so it's definitely fitting that you were on the last public train of the season!

That's right, you two were so friendly and made waiting for it so much better! It was such a great way to end the season, there's nothing else quite like night rides on Millennium, especially when it's the last train of the night...and the entire season! Hopefully you've enjoyed the rest of your coaster-riding season too!