TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I'm looking at visiting Cedar Point from the UK in early June next year. Is the park open every day of the week in June? And how are the crowds likely to be?

Yes, the park will be open daily. Crowd levels can vary greatly depending on whether or not you're visiting on a weekend or weekday, but expect some crowds no matter what.

I have a mean OCD streak , doesn't brother me because it means faster, hang that track off the edge if need be. If they centered it in the back of my head I'd be thinking this track isn't in the right center.

I have to admit when I saw the drop picture I involuntarily made a noise that girls made like 5 years ago when they saw Justin Bieber.

That track being so offset from the center of the structure is a serious OCD trigger!

Now that you mention it, that's all I can notice!!

I think the track is placed on the left side of the picture to make room for the catwalks on the right. I didn't notice the whole thing until you pointed it out, but the track starts being towards the one side of the ledgers at the top of the drop, and then ends up being centered at the bottom.

A similar thing happens on the metal lift structure i305 is built on. The track is to the right of the structure with the catwalk on the left. Once you crest the apex of the hill and the cat walk ends you can see how the track remains to the right. You only really notice it after multiple rides, but it doesn't matter cause you are hurtling 305 feet down.

Now that this structure is finished and so many other projects well underway, it's gonna be a long off season.

That track being so offset from the center of the structure is a serious OCD trigger!

Now that you mention it, that's all I can notice!!

OMG, me now too! What have you gotten us into??

The Twitter picture with MF in the background is just beautiful. New desktop background!

The Twitter picture with MF in the background is just beautiful. New desktop background!

Ha Ha! Same here! Great minds think alike I guess! My new FB Profile Pic, too... (Which you know! lol) Methinks maybe I'm obsessed with this coaster...

^ That's is the way I do (non)hateful, and inner thought, under my breath...posts.

I go the opposite from screaming one's opinion or inner thoughts.

I try to put some 'character' in what I post. That's it. Simple.

Now - back to SteVen....

IMG_3741.JPG.0d00fa2f171211b4daad8da6fbd90615.JPG

One of my fave early shots of SteVen. June 2, 2017.

Does anyone know why Cedar Point is open until 10 tonight and not the usual 8 for Sundays in October? Is there something special going on? I was thinking of stopping in tonight… unless there’s some special event signaling extra large crowds.

I hate all of you going to CP next year.

But don't forget CoasterMANIA! beginning of June next year...ERT on SteVen, possibly?

Undoubtedly ERT on SteVen, at least at night. They've typically done ERT at the front of the park in the morning and at the back at night. Got my hotel booked for Coastermania already--it's always the Friday after Memorial Day, so easy to plan. Just waiting for those tickets to go on sale....

I remember it as The First Friday of June (1st), etc. Works for me. But not for next year.

This is correct based on recent history. HoliWood Nights is the Friday after Memorial Day and in 2015, that Friday was still in May. I was able to hit HWN one Friday and Coastermania the next Friday.