TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Yeah, pretty sure 2 visits are in order next year. That drop looks like it's unbeatable.

2 visits??? Greedy.

2 Visits? Think that's greedy? I'm sure I'll have that in by the time they're open for their first full week! I'm basically planning on living at CP for the entire month of May during weekdays! Lots of minimal waits on SV for me!!!

Ouimet out Jan 1 as Cedar Fair CEO. I was never impressed with him. I never saw him at the park like Kinzel. Never made an appearance at Coastermania either. In my opinion - no big loss. Hopefully the new guy will be better. It appears he got in mix as a Paramount person and Kings Dominion GM.

https://www.cedarfair.com/news/article/2017-104-leadership-succession

Guys - simple request...credit the source of your photos, especially when they're taken when the park is closed. Thanks!

Nice to see you on the forums! I'm guessing you've been spending this whole process laughing your butt off to discussion in this thread I'm very excited for your future projects, great job on this one, you may have one of the greatest roller coasters ever in your hands (as if you didn't already...)!

Especially last winter! I would love to have had his comments on all that!

And I totally concur about SV. As per usual, I try not to speculate too much before I ride a new coaster about how it will feel or how I'll rank it/like it, but I'll definitely be there opening weekend at all costs... waiting with DILinator in whatever insane line this thing generates!

The more I look at SteVen... the more I realize how perfect this coaster truly is. It's got a massive 90* drop. Awesome inversions. Crazy airtime/ejector time moments. Unique elements. And a great layout with a decently long ride time.

Like, what could this coaster realistically be missing?! Yep, nothing!!

Ouimet out Jan 1 as Cedar Fair CEO. I was never impressed with him. I never saw him at the park like Kinzel. Never made an appearance at Coastermania either. In my opinion - no big loss. Hopefully the new guy will be better. It appears he got in mix as a Paramount person and Kings Dominion GM.

You're joking, right? Ouimet is the reason Cedar Fair has turned into the phenomenal park chain it has become today... going from a $6/share stock price when Kinzel was ousted (and nearly collapsing if the sell-off were to happen) to a high of $73/share. Without him, you'd have no Hotel Breakers renovation (and expansion), no emphasis of turning Cedar Point into a true getaway/vacation spot, and no significant investment in both the experience and technology at Cedar Fair parks, not to mention the best years of coaster installations we've seen in a long time. Before him, Cedar Fair was a corporate culture highly averse to technology change and investment, whereas now Cedar Fair is the leader in terms of in-park technology, VR, mobile gaming, and mobile park apps for regional parks... and some might argue even better than some Disney and Universal offerings.

You're joking, right? Ouimet is the reason Cedar Fair has turned into the phenomenal park chain it has become today... going from a $6/share stock price when Kinzel was ousted (and nearly collapsing if the sell-off were to happen) to a high of $73/share. Without him, you'd have no Hotel Breakers renovation (and expansion), no emphasis of turning Cedar Point into a true getaway/vacation spot, and no significant investment in both the experience and technology at Cedar Fair parks, not to mention the best years of coaster installations we've seen in a long time. Before him, Cedar Fair was a corporate culture highly averse to technology change and investment, whereas now Cedar Fair is the leader in terms of in-park technology, VR, mobile gaming, and mobile park apps for regional parks... and some might argue even better than some Disney and Universal offerings.

Yeah but he never went to Coastermania though...

https://www.cedarfair.com/news/article/2017-104-leadership-succession

Interesting, didn't see this one coming.

I'm looking at visiting Cedar Point from the UK in early June next year. Is the park open every day of the week in June? And how are the crowds likely to be?

Also, any recommendations for places we could stop in at on the drive from Chicago to Sandusky would be much appreciated (any scenic places where we could take a break from driving, etc.)!