TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Hotel question:

Anyone have recent experience with with the Motel 6 Milan or Super 8 Milan?

Just wanting to make sure I have clean room/bed and trying to save $$ so I can get FL+.

Yes and yes. I found both hotels to be above average for their respective brands. They both have interior hallways (which is nuts for a Motel 6 or Super 8) and both are pushing 4 stars on TripAdvisor (which is equally nuts for a Motel 6 or Super 8). They're under-priced for what they offer, but note that they both book up fast. We generally don't stay there anymore because we never book Cedar Point trips in advance thanks to their crazy weather / wind policies and these hotels never seem to be available last minute.

Obviously you're still talking about Motel 6 and Super 8 so don't expect the Ritz-Carlton or anything, but they're some of the best hotels I've seen for their respective brands (and I've stayed at a TON of sh*tty Motel 6's and Super 8's. )

Edit: On an unrelated note, Corkscrew has reopened (after being closed since it's collision on Sunday night). I have no clue if it's running both trains, I would imagine that it's not.

Yes and yes. I found both hotels to be above average for their respective brands. They both have interior hallways (which is nuts for a Motel 6 or Super 8) and both are pushing 4 stars on TripAdvisor (which is equally nuts for a Motel 6 or Super 8). They're under-priced for what they offer, but note that they both book up fast. We generally don't stay there anymore because we never book Cedar Point trips in advance thanks to their crazy weather / wind policies and these hotels never seem to be available last minute.

Obviously you're still talking about Motel 6 and Super 8 so don't expect the Ritz-Carlton or anything, but they're some of the best hotels I've seen for their respective brands (and I've stayed at a TON of sh*tty Motel 6's and Super 8's. )

Edit: On an unrelated note, Corkscrew has reopened (after being closed since it's collision on Sunday night). I have no clue if it's running both trains, I would imagine that it's not.

Great - thanks for the response.

I'm looking at like $75 a night - I can't justify going for $150+ at Breakers Express - I'd rather just concentrate on being there at 10, making the run to Maverick and then getting FL+ for my couple of days.

Get there at 10AM? Nah... that's no way to do Cedar Point. If you're going for 2 days, why not invest in a Platinum Pass?

If you buy it now it's good for all of next year too and then you get in the park an hour early to ride Maverick, Gatekeeper, Millennium Force, Valravn, Skyhawk and some flats. You also get a 10% discount on food, non alcoholic drinks (booooo) and merchandise which includes the Fastlane (and Famous Daves in the Marina). They have Passholder ride nights too but I'm not sure when you're going.

Edit: Whoops, didn't even notice the double post. My bad.

So what's the story behind Corkscrew and this collision? I assume the trains were empty since its not all over the place?

Yeah, evidently both trains were empty because they were trying to transfer the white train off of the track. They sent the red one around and it never stopped and bumped the white train. I don't know much about transferring trains on an old Arrow but a lot of the ride ops (on another message board which is generally a cesspool but a few of those guys know what they're talking about) are saying that when you do that you need to set or release the safety brakes manually and evidently someone f*cked up and didn't do that. That happened Sunday night and the ride had been closed ever since.

Get there at 10AM? Nah... that's no way to do Cedar Point. If you're going for 2 days, why not invest in a Platinum Pass?

If you buy it now it's good for all of next year too and then you get in the park an hour early to ride Maverick, Gatekeeper, Millennium Force, Valravn, Skyhawk and some flats. You also get a 10% discount on food, non alcoholic drinks (booooo) and merchandise which includes the Fastlane (and Famous Daves in the Marina). They have Passholder ride nights too but I'm not sure when you're going.

Well, I live in Florida - I have a Platinum Pass for myself - I'm just now trying to figure out the tickets for my two teenagers and what's the best deal for that.

That happened Sunday night and the ride had been closed ever since.

A little birdy told me Corkscrew is open now

You mean me on the last page?

... I'm confused

Edit: Whoops, didn't even notice the double post. My bad.

So what's the story behind Corkscrew and this collision? I assume the trains were empty since its not all over the place?

Yeah, evidently both trains were empty because they were trying to transfer the white train off of the track. They sent the red one around and it never stopped and bumped the white train. I don't know much about transferring trains on an old Arrow but a lot of the ride ops (on another message board which is generally a cesspool but a few of those guys know what they're talking about) are saying that when you do that you need to set or release the safety brakes manually and evidently someone f*cked up and didn't do that. That happened Sunday night and the ride had been closed ever since.

Dang, I'm glad there was no one on the ride when this happened or we would have a much bigger problem!

I'm stunned that SVen has not been pegged as the quickest way to type out the name of this beast! I can picture them loading up the first train full of dudes named Sven.

No thank you...

"Quit trying to make 'fetch' a thing."

I'm stunned that SVen has not been pegged as the quickest way to type out the name of this beast! I can picture them loading up the first train full of dudes named Sven.

No thank you...

"Quit trying to make 'fetch' a thing."

How about we abbreviate it as "SteVen"?

I for one cannot wait to ride SteVen!

Cedar Point will advertise how SteVen is great for group fun!

The GP will say SteVen was really intense and threw me around A LOT!

Just watch out! If you are too big SteVen won't let you ride.