TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Couldn't ask for more from the ride or the park.

I browsed the comments of some of the announcements today including Cedar Point and oo boy is it a great source of entertainment. I am not a spoiled or all knowing enthusiast just some of the things on there had me cracking up at the lack of common sense.

edit: also the characters lack of enthusiasm in the animation is entertaining to me

I knew the ride would look amazing and that I would be planning a trip to Cedar Point next year, but my jaw still hit the floor. Seeing the shear size of the ride actually become a reality blew me away.

The first half looks amazing and then the drop after the MCBR appears that it'd be as tall as Storm Chaser (or a bit taller) so there's still more than enough steam to give crazy air to the end.

It has already been mentioned multiple times, but it will be hard to leave that immediate section of the park once 2018 gets here. The fact a ride breaks records doesn't do much for me these days- I'm more interested in the substance, and this design has that in spades. What a ride, what a year for CF in general... Can't wait.

Edited by Ed Farmer

SV will definitely be the best coaster of 2018, if not taking the #1 spot in the world too! Obviously we all have to take her for a spin, but I can just tell by the POV animation IMO. I'm totally buying the platinum pass as KD is in my backyard and Twisted Timbers looks so freaking amazing too! The question is, what weekend do I head to CP next year?!?! Decisions, decisions...

Forgive my ignorance, But is this in addition to what they are doing to Mean Streak. Or is this what the RMC Mean Streak is.

Yep. This is RMC Mean Streak.

This thing looks absolutely monstrous and one of RMCs best coasters yet. Can't wait to ride it next year.

This will be a real challenger for #1 ride in the park for many guests! It blows away records, has a crazy layout, and a fabulous park to be in! I'm quite sure the Cedar Point fanboys have been appeased (for now)...

As with Twisted Timbers, this new train modification they're doing is very strange to me. I feel like it may be part of an attempt to fix friction issues, or something of that nature. I don't exactly like the look of the new zero cars, but it's not anything that will detract from the experience.

So I've have yet to visit this park. It's always been on my bucket list of course, but I am so happy that this will be the top-tier-coaster to look forward to, as well as the rest of their line-up next year. So glad I waited 32 years!

I just pray it operates smoothly on it's inaugural season, but I don't really have any doubts about that seeing that their isn't a launch.