TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

People believe Railblazer is for CGA. I was hoping it'd be Railblazer myself, but I don't think it'll happen after all. There are many references to card games coming out recently, so people are now thinking it'll be related to that. I really can't trust anything until we see real information.

They could call it 2 Meanie 2 Streakie, RMCeezus, Emu Blazer, or something even dumber and I would not care. In fact I hope this coaster has the dumbest name ever to offset the insanity of the ride.

Emu Blazer is not a dumb name.

They could call it 2 Meanie 2 Streakie, RMCeezus, Emu Blazer, or something even dumber and I would not care. In fact I hope this coaster has the dumbest name ever to offset the insanity of the ride.

Emu Blazer is not a dumb name.

Emus are pretty awesome.

With ALL of the "leaked" names that we've seen so far, personally I don't trust any of them lol.. anyways the person on reddit who shared the name "Steel Vengeance" seems REALLY confident of the fact. As the comments of that post stated, if this individual is lying, that is obviously a little childish. However, if they are telling the truth, it's still rude of them because their family member signed an NDA and they are sharing that confidential information that they were trusted with.. I guess we'll see in five days.

Three days! Believe me, I'm counting.

Oh I have no idea where I got five days from, I've been counting too, just forgot for a second..

Edited by Airboss

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I don't give a flying crap what the name of this coaster is. It will be an amazing ride regardless. Plus, most names that initially sound terrible typically tend to grow on me. When I first heard the SFMM was calling their new coaster "Twisted Colossus," I thought it was one of the worst things you could name a coaster, but it really has grown on me, and it's not too bad now. Steel Vengeance is fine, IMO. It'll be a kicka$$ ride, and that's what matters.

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I don't give a flying crap what the name of this coaster is. It will be an amazing ride regardless. Plus, most names that initially sound terrible typically tend to grow on me. When I first heard the SFMM was calling their new coaster "Twisted Colossus," I thought it was one of the worst things you could name a coaster, but it really has grown on me, and it's not too bad now. Steel Vengeance is fine, IMO. It'll be a kicka$$ ride, and that's what matters.

I think it would sound better if they just dropped the Steel part and just called it Vengeance

This! The Vengeance part is pretty bada$$ and fresh, and I'll probably just call it that if it's part of the name.

And Emu Blazer is admittedly way better than my suggestion of Ostrich Streak.

I will never understand why the name means so much to people.

I've sort of come to realize that no matter how bad a name is it eventually grows on people and they think nothing of it so I sort of agree. Obviously I can appreciate a coaster with an awesome name (Alpengeist is still my favorite), but even horrendous names like "Mystic Timbers" eventually grow on you and you barely even think about them either way.

Kinda sounds Like Cedar point Trolled people. but still cool they did something,

Also i want to say as much as i Hate Vr on roller coasters. I did VR on Iron Dragon and the ride was super fun. The line just moves really slow.

If they showed the full POV then personally I wouldn't say they trolled people at all.

I agree about Iron Dragon. I hate VR, but they have a great system of doing it (with plenty of time to ride Iron Dragon normally throughout the day without having to deal with the lines) and the VR itself is pretty awesome.

Is anyone surprised that this coaster isn't going to break the record for most inversions on a wooden/hybrid coaster? Or would 4 be the record?

4 inversions would be a record for a wooden/hybrid coaster.

The current record is 3 inverisions, held by Outlaw Run, Wildfire, Wicked Cyclone, and Medusa Steel Coaster.

Ahhh that makes sense. Thanks for the correction

I will never understand why the name means so much to people.

It's just one of those theme and aesthetic things that some people care about and some people don't. Some people need high quality headphones, some people are fine with 10$ earbuds. Some people don't care what colour car they drive, some people want specifically this shade of green. We could go on and on but it's just the whole people are different yada yada thing.

Kinda sounds Like Cedar point Trolled people. but still cool they did something,

Also i want to say as much as i Hate Vr on roller coasters. I did VR on Iron Dragon and the ride was super fun. The line just moves really slow.

If they showed the full POV then personally I wouldn't say they trolled people at all.

I agree about Iron Dragon. I hate VR, but they have a great system of doing it (with plenty of time to ride Iron Dragon normally throughout the day without having to deal with the lines) and the VR itself is pretty awesome.

Plus, doesn’t it seem like a massive waste of time to go through over 200 contest entries, invite 50 of them to the park, put together a fake POV after making everyone of those 50 guests (though I believe there were only 35 or so of us there) go through a security check restricting all electronic devices... just to troll people? What good would that do for the park, you know? sure. Anyone can make a POV. But this one was as you’d expect, was professionally done and HQ. why would they pay someone to make a fake POV?

My experience with the sneak peek was really fun. Everyone was very sociable by where I was sitting (second row on the stage left side) and super excited to be there. Tony was awesome as always, and the POV was really cool to see especially knowing that only the people in the room were the ones who had the ability to do so before the actual announcement. I really appreciated the ability to be there and I’m very honored I was chosen, as I’m sure at least most of the other winners also felt. With that being said, I again don’t think Cedar Point would fake it to announce something totally different three days later. (And since I know you read these from time to time, Tony - thanks for the opportunity! I loved it!)

I have seen the RMC Mean Streak layout video. This might be day-old news now, but I wanted to add some more credibility/clarification to what's out there. The coaster already looks huge; it's going to be awesome!

* First drop is completely traditional like Goliath, but looks even nuttier. Extremely steep, 90 degrees or close to it. It doesn't pitch straight down immediately like a dive coaster, but has a really nice rounded curvature that quickly gets progressively steeper. I can't imagine how thrilling riding in the back will be!

* The ride will absolutely shred through the layout. The whole ride will be taken with exhilarating speed, aside from the MCBR; it's going to be relentless.

* There will be two full bunny hills after the third inversion, followed by some extreme curves/misdirection hills inside the structure, an extra barrel roll (4th inversion), and then a finale of about four bunny hills heading into the brakes. One or two of these finale bunnies are tiny and look a lot like those on Chance/Morgan's Lightning Run. Overall, the last lap reminded me much more of Wicked Cyclone than NTAG. It's going to be an onslaught. This all follows Mean Streak's original layout path.

* Every redone section seems like it's on steroids and will be traversed in a "that's just wrong" kind of fast-forward pace. I'm not sure whether the beefier new elements will stretch the layout to 6,000 ft., but there's absolutely no cut section of Mean Streak's layout.