TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Can I just address the elephant in the room here? How is the train going to traverse this track with all those bolts? Seems to me that would make for a very bumpy ride.

RMC tracks have those bolts on both sides of the rail but the wheels only touch the centre

It's funny you have a fish as an avatar. Cause you swallowed that bait hook, line & sinker!

Guy "Mission Accomplished!" Koepp

Can I just address the elephant in the room here? How is the train going to traverse this track with all those bolts? Seems to me that would make for a very bumpy ride.

RMC tracks have those bolts on both sides of the rail but the wheels only touch the centre

It's funny you have a fish as an avatar. Cause you swallowed that bait hook, line & sinker!

LMFAO!!!

The best double post.

Winning.

In all honesty they might just be named like Maverick's. That doesn't have a big problem people just go to ride. Especially since it's from the same part of the park.

Edit: as an after thought did they tease the names with Maverick's trains?

Edit #2: Isn't this a frontier town expansion? What if one goes to the new mean streak and the others are for flat rides?

Good point. The names on the trains were a surprise, I think. We did not know about them until testing began and Tony posted a picture on the blog, it's been over ten years though I could be wrong. They seem to have invested a lot into these characters and I see them doing more than just adding the names to the trains. But I could be wrong. We'll hopefully know in a few days!

In regards to the whole "name thing." Put me in the "Just the names of the 3 trains" group. I think the "Different name for a different style train" is WAY to far of a reach. Just from an operations stand point, think of what a nightmare it could end up being. . . And I think the addition of New Mean Streak, AND flat rides to go with it might also be a bit of a stretch.

I'm betting the names are the names of the trains, and that's it. Nothing more.

^^ Straight from the official rules.

Winners are then permitted to share and discuss what they’ve seen with any party.

I don't think there will be much to share though unless there are some details in the animation they show. We all pretty much know 3/4 of what the layout looks like.

Viewing finished. No details regarding name, height, etc was given. Just an animation showing the cart coming out of station and going through the layout. At the end, lots of small airtime hills over and over again it looked like. As soon as the animation ended, we were sent out. No questions. So, we got basically no details. Still, cool to see a finished animation

I've read/seen multiple reports now. From the single POV they saw, they really only got the layout. Consensus is:

- ~90 degree drop (and most-likely over 200ft as speculated)

- 4 inversions (one more zero-g/barrel roll under the first large tophat area)

- Lots of airtime hills in the final lap

- Fast pacing throughout

So nothing too surprising, pretty much everything we guessed.

IMO, this is perfect. I don't need any crazier, flashy elements - I just want a huge RMC packed with airtime throughout. We've already seen ~15 spots for airtime in construction and I imagine quite a few more coming up. I think a "solid" RMC will be perfect for Cedar Point. If Hurler is to have 20 moments, this should be closer to 25. Can you imagine??

I think this will end up being the longest, tallest, and fastest RMC to-date

Name has been leaked. It's Steel Vengeance.

Eh... I'm sure it will grow on me. But I'm just not loving it right now. . . It seems so... bland.

Could be worse... It could be named Timber Hawk.

With ALL of the "leaked" names that we've seen so far, personally I don't trust any of them lol.. anyways the person on reddit who shared the name "Steel Vengeance" seems REALLY confident of the fact. As the comments of that post stated, if this individual is lying, that is obviously a little childish. However, if they are telling the truth, it's still rude of them because their family member signed an NDA and they are sharing that confidential information that they were trusted with.. I guess we'll see in five days.

With ALL of the "leaked" names that we've seen so far, personally I don't trust any of them lol.. anyways the person on reddit who shared the name "Steel Vengeance" seems REALLY confident of the fact. As the comments of that post stated, if this individual is lying, that is obviously a little childish. However, if they are telling the truth, it's still rude of them because their family member signed an NDA and they are sharing that confidential information that they were trusted with.. I guess we'll see in five days.

Three days! Believe me, I'm counting.