TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

That's really cool! I'm definitely on board that these three characters represent "RMCMS2018's" three trains! Digger, Black Jack, and Wild One! I hope they each have unique themes on the trains - That would be so rad! I also love that this is keeping up with Maverick right next door!

That back corner (from Millennium Force to this thing) of the park may have the best coasters per square foot than any other place in the world!

Definitely think you're right about the whole 3 train theme idea.

To expand on that, I've had the wild idea for a while that those characters will be included in a "Shed" element. With the transfer table being in front of the station, unlike Mystic Timbers, they have the opportunity to really enclose it and tell a story before the ride, instead of after. My guess is that they would use the 3 characters inside as well as use them in the 'Battle for CP' app.

WARNING! He stands tall in the face of adversity, will beat the odds in any match. He can take on a full house and end ...???...

Anyone figure out that last line of text?

"WARNING! He stands tall in the face of adversity, will beat the odds in any match. He can take on a full house and end up Aces high!"

WARNING! He stands tall in the face of adversity, will beat the odds in any match. He can take on a full house and end ...???...

"WARNING! He stands tall in the face of adversity, will beat the odds in any match. He can take on a full house and end up Aces high!"

I'm starting to think maybe the trains could have different characteristics and that each trains give a different type of ride...

" BlackJack" Chamberlain"... " He can take on a full load"

Could mean it's a longer train with more seats?

Chess " Wild One"... " Whipsmart and defiant" " Highspeed chases" Could mean it's a train that rides wilder for whatever reason? Short and heavy?

Digger... " Fast and advanced..." Approach from the right? Separate stations for the trains?

" HIs arm is a force to be reckoned with"? Some quirky train detail that affects the way it rides?

I dunno... Just something that occurred to me...

^ I'm about 1900% certain that the ride will have three identical trains. The only differentiation will be the paint job.

I can only imagine the nightmare of having people want to ride train A over train B... Stations can be a cluster as it currently is

^Power Tower... Gemini

Uh...you can count to 3, right? Right?

Smart move by Hersheypark, that thing is awesome!

Agreed. Loved all three of them. I'm mostly just being snarky because it sounded like the worst idea ever and ended up being very solid.

^ I'm about 1900% certain that the ride will have three identical trains. The only differentiation will be the paint job.

I can only imagine the nightmare of having people want to ride train A over train B... Stations can be a cluster as it currently is

Maybe they'll have 3 separate queues/stations, one for each train.

My train theory:

1: "Stands tall in the face of adversity": some sort of hero figure

2: "will beat the odds in any match": I'm thinking probably a gunman, due to my next prediction below

3: "He can take on a full house and end up Aces high!": Definitely a card gambler

Each train is themed to a different part of the statement.

Does BGW have a similar problem with InvadR? They dare the riders to choose their side: be it the bear train or the dragon train. But then again, this is Cedar Point...

In all honesty they might just be named like Maverick's. That doesn't have a big problem people just go to ride. Especially since it's from the same part of the park.

Edit: as an after thought did they tease the names with Maverick's trains?

Edit #2: Isn't this a frontier town expansion? What if one goes to the new mean streak and the others are for flat rides?

Can I just address the elephant in the room here? How is the train going to traverse this track with all those bolts? Seems to me that would make for a very bumpy ride.

RMC tracks have those bolts on both sides of the rail but the wheels only touch the centre

It's funny you have a fish as an avatar. Cause you swallowed that bait hook, line & sinker!

Guy "Mission Accomplished!" Koepp

Can I just address the elephant in the room here? How is the train going to traverse this track with all those bolts? Seems to me that would make for a very bumpy ride.

RMC tracks have those bolts on both sides of the rail but the wheels only touch the centre

It's funny you have a fish as an avatar. Cause you swallowed that bait hook, line & sinker!

Guy "Mission Accomplished!" Koepp