TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Looks pretty nutty. Crazy to think that a park like Cedar Point can continue to introduce coasters that people can go and ride and come off saying "this one is my favorite." When people ask me what the best ride at Cedar Point is, I already have a hard enough time figuring out what to tell them.

As far as a name goes, I see this as a candidate to be named "Renegade". Fits in to the teasers. Although I'm not sure how the corporation would feel doubling down on that name.

I'm not sure what that description means, but it looks like it just had airtime hills on curves. Was that unique to TG?

The Old Texas Giant is the only time I've ever experienced anything like that. It felt like the train was going basically every direction at once (laterals with airtime.) I rode it when it was pretty new so it didn't feel like you were going to die.

^If they know it's happening, they should be open that early. Other than that, there are many

early room reservations we've seen, so I'm pretty sure Guest Services is up pretty early for such stuff.

What I remember from our early EARLY morning for CoasterMANIA! (June 2),

they informed us about the shuttle(s), soon to arrive.

EDIT: Congrats & Have a great day!!!

Question: I won the sneak peek contest and I have to pick up my tickets at Guest Services that morning. I'm staying at Breakers so I get early entry. Will Guest Services be open at 9 AM?

Congrats! That's awesome! Please take notes and report back.

Question: I won the sneak peek contest and I have to pick up my tickets at Guest Services that morning. I'm staying at Breakers so I get early entry. Will Guest Services be open at 9 AM?

Congratulations on being the envy of every enthusiast. But I wouldn't be surprised if all participants had to sign some sort of NDA, so I wouldn't expect that many notes.

Edited by CaptainUnknown

Congratulations on being the envy of every enthusiast. But I wouldn't be surprised if all participants had to sign some sort of NDA, so I wouldn't expect that many notes.

Actually, it says in the Official Rules that once the "animation" is shown, you're free to share what you saw with anyone. No electronic devices will be allowed. I'll put down some key notes right after.

Cedar Fair has trademarked "The Ledge" and "Hangtime". Railblazer still sounds nice.

I think Railblazer will be a Raptor going to CGA. Congrats on the contest!

Thanks! Yeah, Cedar Point also usually files their trademarks separately under "CEDAR POINT PARK". I'm on the lookout!

Actually, it says in the Official Rules that once the "animation" is shown, you're free to share what you saw with anyone. No electronic devices will be allowed. I'll put down some key notes right after.

Way to go!! So glad one of the TPR people got chosen, that's great. When is the event? Would you mind sharing your winning submission with us?

I can't share any details about the event but here's the submission:

KEITH “QUICKJAW” GRAHAM

THE FASTEST JAW IN THE WEST!

I love livin’ in Frontiertown because of all the amazing food! Start off with 5 hot dogs from the Saloon, head over to Frontier Inn for a frenzy of French fries and top it all off with a king-sized cone of fresh soft-serve! MMM-MMM! I’ll eat faster than anybody in the North, South, East AND WEST! I’m still wondering what they’re building in my backyard…

I’m also happy to say that I’ll be at the sneak peek, as well as the actual announcement a few days later! As macman mentioned, we aren’t allowed to share event details until after the fact but regardless it’s incredibly exciting! If it works, I’ll post my submission too - I’m pretty proud of it!

IMG_6621.thumb.JPG.b000355a7caa3ada5fda2454e202be21.JPG

I’m also happy to say that I’ll be at the sneak peek, as well as the actual announcement a few days later! As macman mentioned, we aren’t allowed to share event details until after the fact but regardless it’s incredibly exciting! If it works, I’ll post my submission too - I’m pretty proud of it!

WOW! You put a lot of work into that! I literally typed mine in Word and printed it out with no pictures or anything. You deserved it, congrats!

Can someone recommend some of the better restrooms in the park (clean/spacious/relatively low traffic)? The restrooms in the more crowded areas, especially those kiosk-style older ones throughout the TTD/Magnum midway, are small & can get slammed. I'm asking for my own comfort.

Can someone recommend some of the better restrooms in the park (clean/spacious/relatively low traffic)? The restrooms in the more crowded areas, especially those kiosk-style older ones throughout the TTD/Magnum midway, are small & can get slammed. I'm asking for my own comfort.

my favorite, and most low traffic one when we were there?

the ones next to the Arcade on the main midway, towards the CP Police station.

not the cleanest restroom I've ever been in, but the stalls, in particular, were very low traffic and offered some privacy if needed during a day in the park.

good question, and one most folks would not think to ever ask outloud. Hope I helped.

my favorite, and most low traffic one when we were there?

the ones next to the Arcade on the main midway, towards the CP Police station.

not the cleanest restroom I've ever been in, but the stalls, in particular, were very low traffic and offered some privacy if needed during a day in the park.

good question, and one most folks would not think to ever ask outloud. Hope I helped.

Yep, that's what I'm looking for -- thanks! I figured that the front half of the park would be better than the midway loops.

You may also like the bathrooms next to first aid in frontier town.

are those the ones behind the stage? those were BUSY when we were there. . but it was during Brews & BBQ. . so that could be why.