TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Woohoo! Speaking of 4000, I think Gemini used to do over 4000 an hour back in the day. That wouldn't be necessary today, but it was quite cool to experience that. Even on a busy Saturday when the queue was full, you never stopped walking. It was the ultimate people eater. Three trains on each side, no seatbelts and no queue gates.

Sounds like Kennywood style, except CP's operations are 1000000x better than Kennywood's!

Has anyone done/recommend the CP VIP tours or should I just stick with the Fast Lane Plus and save the money?

I have done the VIP Tour at Cedar Point several times. If the money isn't a concern for you, then splurge and get a VIP Tour. It's more than someone just "holding your bag." When you have a good VIP Tour Guide it makes for an amazing experience!! Sure the not having to wait in line for anything is awesome. It's not like "Hey, you get to skip the normal line, and still wait in what could be a decent FL+ line." It's "Oh, hey, can we ride that next?" And within minutes you are on it. Not to mention you get all your on-ride photos (Which I know you can do with the FunPix, but it's nice to just have it included.) Not to mention, having free food and drinks all day long is awesome too. (Again, yes you can do that with meal plans, and drink plans.) But by the time you factor in cost of staying in a hotel for several nights, several days worth of theme park tickets, several days worth of FL(+), several days worth of food, several days worth of drinks... You almost save money by doing a VIP Tour, not to mention you have a much better time, and you can do everything you want to do in one day instead of multiple days.

There was a guy last year that would bust a nut over the VIP tours in just about every other post. If you look back through the thread, there is a decent amount of info on them if you can get by his editorials...

At least I provided some decent information about them.

Ugh, bust a nut was right. That guy was a piece of work. The VIP tours do nothing different except there's an employee walking with you for half the day and they hold your stuff while you ride so you don't have to put it in a bin or hide it behind a tree at MF and TTD. That's IT! The cost is ridiculous. Get FL+ and you're golden.

I'm glad you think I am a "piece of work." I guess you're one of the ones who got pissed because I talked about doing a VIP Tour.

Apparently the reason everyone got pissed was because they thought I was "bragging" about doing a tour, which I wasn't. I was just trying to explain to people the benefits of doing a VIP Tour (As mentioned in my reply to "ripleybl") because like you, many people had questions about the tours. It's more than just "Some employee walking around with you for half the day, and holding your stuff while you ride." It's a great experience, and something I suggest everyone do at some point. As for the "The cost is ridiculous" part... No, it's really not. If you factor in everything you get... It's a good price for the experience. Obviously Cedar Point prices it the way they do so that not everyone and their pet rock does it, which would then clog up the wait for VIP Tours. If you think the cost is to much, then don't do it. But don't call someone a "Piece of work" because they prefer to spend their money differently than you do.

That guy is 'DoinItForTheFame' who still posts everyday, lol. He hasn't said much about VIP tours recently though. I wonder if that's still the only way he visits parks?

I haven't said much about VIP Tours recently because last year when I mentioned them, it became a bitch fest for 3 pages about how I was "bragging" when all I was trying to do was provide useful information.

And its about 50/50 on how I visit parks. We still do VIP Tours... a lot. If it is a park we have never been to, then we do a VIP Tour. If it's a park we have been to then we just purchase the parks highest level of line skip program. (Aside from Cedar Point obviously.) When we do visit Cedar Point the only way we go is with a VIP Tour, because we enjoy the experience, and it is worth the up charge to us.

Speaking of which, we have a VIP Tour at Dollywood this coming Saturday, but again, I haven't said much about it on the forums because we see how people respond to that...

Chicken - wake the sleeping VIP dragon!! I mean it all in good fun (hopefully it comes across that way) and besides the VIP stuff I do genuinely enjoy DIFTF's posts. There are some great members here.

SHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't say "VIP" It's not allowed!

Edited by DoinItForTheFame

But by the time you factor in cost of staying in a hotel for several nights, several days worth of theme park tickets, several days worth of FL(+), several days worth of food, several days worth of drinks... You almost save money by doing a VIP Tour

This isn't necessarily true if you already have a platinum pass, stay in a cheap hotel, and plan your trip at a time when the crowds are light.

I think a VIP Tour sounds like fun and a cool experience, but I can spend much less than $465 on CP tickets/food/hotels and still get my fill of the park. But hey, you visit parks how you want to and I'll continue to visit parks how I want to. It's nice to read different experiences from different people. I'd actually be curious about which parks do and don't offer these perks and how much they cost across the country.

Sure the not having to wait in line for anything is awesome. It's not like "Hey, you get to skip the normal line, and still wait in what could be a decent FL+ line." It's "Oh, hey, can we ride that next?" And within minutes you are on it.

That just sounds like KI with a FL+.... I'm joking with you, but really that is one reason why I prefer KI over CP.

I'd spring for a VIP tour if the circumstances were right. Another perk is that Emily and I would actually have someone to take our picture together, aside from asking random strangers.

As for the DW VIP tour, F*** what everyone else says. Most of the people are probably just butt hurt they haven't done one. I'd be very interested in reading a TR of your DW VIP tour. (With less 'woodie' jokes.........)

I haven't said much about VIP Tours recently because last year when I mentioned them, it became a bitch fest for 3 pages about how I was "bragging" when all I was trying to do was provide useful information.

I think most people would agree it got on peoples nerves (admittedly mine too, I know I piled on with everyone else) because of the frequency that you posted about it, not this idea that VIP tours are a bad thing. Its just not feasible for a large amount of people in this hobby. I've looked into it and if I had some coin to throw around when booking a certain park, I might do it... once. lol

Speaking of which, we have a VIP Tour at Dollywood this coming Saturday, but again, I haven't said much about it on the forums because we see how people respond to that...

I'd actually love to hear a trip report about the VIP experience @ Dollywood.

If I wasn't a pass holder the VIP tour at Kings Island is a great deal. Parking, entry, private tour guide, dining plan, line skip, Behind the Scenes tour, final ride of night on Mystic Timbers, Photo Pass, a bonus ice cream, reserved show seating, and you get to go to the International Restaurant (not open to guests) to get snacks and watch the fireworks. Yeah, that's $249, but think about what a day at Universal Studios Orlando costs plus Express and look at what you get there in comparison. Cedar Point's isn't at that level.

Holy crap! I didn't mean to start a war between the VIP tourist (The Skies) and the FL+ tourist (The Urchins)... That was a Johnny Sunami referrence FYI. Anyway, thanks for both sides giving me feedback.

But, since my girlfriend and I will already have a Platinum Pass for 2018, we were thinking about splurging and getting FL+ on a Friday and the VIP tour on Saturday. Will we need a FL+ for KI when we visit the park in early August? This is 2018 we are talking and I know we can't predict the future

for what it's worth, we spent 3 days in the park, with only 1 day (Sat) using FL+

the other days we took our time, and we rode everything we wanted as many times as we wanted.

as well as enjoying playing pinball in the arcade, winning tickets, people watching, and watching the evening shows (in previews still, but we watched it).

I can't imagine spending the $$ for VIP, and rushing thru just to get the rides. I'll take the multiple days, and enjoy the experience.

You may not even need fast lane. Wait till you get there, and check out the line times before you buy it.

Also, I'm not sure when it starts, but if you renew your pass later in the season they give you a fast lane plus to use this season.

Holy crap! I didn't mean to start a war between the VIP tourist (The Skies) and the FL+ tourist (The Urchins)... That was a Johnny Sunami referrence FYI. Anyway, thanks for both sides giving me feedback.

+1 for the Johnny Tsunami reference! I haven't thought of that movie in years. Those were in the days when the Disney Channel actually had tolerable content haha.

I think most people would agree it got on peoples nerves (admittedly mine too, I know I piled on with everyone else) because of the frequency that you posted about it, not this idea that VIP tours are a bad thing. Its just not feasible for a large amount of people in this hobby. I'd actually love to hear a trip report about the VIP experience @ Dollywood.

DoinItForTheFame - What I wrote yesterday was harsh and frankly rude. I'm truly sorry about my inappropriate wording. Tone via text is sometimes difficult to decipher and just as you didn't mean to come off in an unintentional manner in the past, I didn't mean to come off like such a jerk... but I totally did. Please forgive me for this. I would actually love to see a TR of your VIP trip at DW. Hope you can get some rides on LR when you're there!