TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

on the Bojangles' Famous Chicken 'n Biscuits forum

Wait a second, what?

People in a community for chicken are discussing CP's 2018 roller coaster theme??

EDIT: I must've missed the latest word filter, but that gave me a good laugh! Thanks to whoever made that!

on the Bojangles' Famous Chicken 'n Biscuits forum

Wait a second, what?

People in a community for chicken are discussing CP's 2018 roller coaster theme??

EDIT: I must've missed the latest word filter, but that gave me a good laugh! Thanks to whoever made that!

HAHAHA if you type out "Coaster" and "Force" as one word, It automatically changes it to Bojangle's when you submit your post... I'm assuming the owner of this site changed it as he dislikes the Coasterforce?!?! HAHAHA Didn't know there was a war between the two websites. Anyway, getting back on topic.

Gunslinger! Each of the 3 trains are a different gunslingin' character as their trains race through the wild west, "the RMC Mean Streak," in search of the stolen mega pot in the poker tournament that took place! I think I just copied the plot of the movie, Maverick, but still... It would be cool!

For the record, Bojangles is the s**t. Bo-berry biscuits FTW.

I'm more and more tempted to get a Cedar Fair season pass next year as the news behind this coaster and the changes to Hurler at KD become more apparent.

I'm more and more tempted to get a Cedar Fair season pass next year as the news behind this coaster and the changes to Hurler at KD become more apparent.

I'm totally getting the Platinum Pass next year! My home park is KD, soooooo pumped for Hurler and Mean Streak. I'm doing a KI & 2 day CP trip next year for my B-Day. Has anyone done/recommend the CP VIP tours or should I just stick with the Fast Lane Plus and save the money?

I'm totally getting the Platinum Pass next year! My home park is KD, soooooo pumped for Hurler and Mean Streak. I'm doing a KI & 2 day CP trip next year for my B-Day. Has anyone done/recommend the CP VIP tours or should I just stick with the Fast Lane Plus and save the money?

There was a guy last year that would bust a nut over the VIP tours in just about every other post. If you look back through the thread, there is a decent amount of info on them if you can get by his editorials...

Does anyone have any additional photographs or construction updates on CP'S new RMC conversion, Abraham's Revenge?

What!?

Something of substance? For a roller coaster construction discussion?

Pffffffffffft you crazy

Me too.

Platinum Pass to cover my first trip to Cedar Point, going to CGA again to check out whatever new ride is coming, and Knotts as well.

It'll be very tempting to squeeze in a trip to KI while at CP.

The Cedar Fair platinum pass is honestly a no-brainer, especially if you're going to Cedar Point or Kings Island where it includes Early Entry. Even if I were only going to each park once I might consider it because while the pass doesn't pay for itself with admission alone, it gives you incredible perks that make it a great deal.

In order to get Early Entry at Cedar Point without a Platinum Pass you have to stay at a ridiculously overpriced resort. Early Entry at Cedar Point is awesome (and runs for a full hour) and I'd never dream of going to the park without having it. At Kings Island, they let you in 30 minutes early and you can ride Mystic Timbers with absolutely no wait. It's not quite as cool as Cedar Point's early entry since it's only on 2 or 3 rides and it's not a full hour but it's still awesome.

On top of that you save money on everything you buy in the park (including Fastlane) if you give them the pass and they have a ton of ride nights at both parks for passholders. When looking at the Platinum Pass, don't just look at the cost of the pass compared to the price of regular admission plus parking (like you would with a Six Flags pass)... consider the other awesome perks that the pass provides.

Edited by coasterbill

The Cedar Fair platinum pass is honestly a no-brainer, especially if you're going to Cedar Point or Kings Island. Even if I were only going to each park once I might consider it because while the pass doesn't pay for itself with admission alone, it gives you incredible perks that make it a great deal.

In order to get Early Entry at Cedar Point without a Platinum Pass you have to stay at a ridiculously overpriced resort. Early Entry at Cedar Point is awesome (and runs for a full hour) and I'd never dream of going to the park without having it. At Kings Island, they let you in 30 minutes early and you can ride Mystic Timbers with absolutely no wait. It's not quite as cool as Cedar Point's early entry since it's only on 2 or 3 rides and it's not a full hour but it's still awesome.

On top of that you save money on everything you buy in the park (including Fastlane) if you give them the pass and they have a ton of ride nights at both parks for passholders. When looking at the Platinum Pass, don't just look at the cost of the pass compared to the price of regular admission (like you would with a Six Flags pass)... consider the other awesome perks that the pass provides.

Don't forget free parking at all parks.

On top of that you save money on everything you buy in owe park (including Fastlane) if you give them the pass and they have a ton of ride nights at both parks for passholders. When looking at the Platinum Pass, don't just look at the cost of the pass compared to the price of regular admission plus parking (like you would with a Six Flags pass)... consider the other awesome perks that the pass provides.

Lots of good wisdom here. When visiting CP and KI last year I was able to take advantage of all of the above with Diamond Back being the night time ride ERT at KI. The Fast Pass discount for CP was a really nice surprise that I did not know about at the time. Ignore coasterbill's advice at your own peril.

Has anyone done/recommend the CP VIP tours or should I just stick with the Fast Lane Plus and save the money?

There was a guy last year that would bust a nut over the VIP tours in just about every other post. If you look back through the thread, there is a decent amount of info on them if you can get by his editorials...

Ugh, bust a nut was right. That guy was a piece of work. The VIP tours do nothing different except there's an employee walking with you for half the day and they hold your stuff while you ride so you don't have to put it in a bin or hide it behind a tree at MF and TTD. That's IT! The cost is ridiculous. Get FL+ and you're golden.

Has anyone done/recommend the CP VIP tours or should I just stick with the Fast Lane Plus and save the money?

Ugh, bust a nut was right. That guy was a piece of work. The VIP tours do nothing different except there's an employee walking with you for half the day and they hold your stuff while you ride so you don't have to put it in a bin or hide it behind a tree at MF and TTD. That's IT! The cost is ridiculous. Get FL+ and you're golden.

That guy is 'DoinItForTheFame' who still posts everyday, lol. He hasn't said much about VIP tours recently though. I wonder if that's still the only way he visits parks?

Chicken - wake the sleeping VIP dragon!! I mean it all in good fun (hopefully it comes across that way) and besides the VIP stuff I do genuinely enjoy DIFTF's posts. There are some great members here.

I just think it's hilarious for somebody to spend that much money on VIP tours at a theme park multiple times a year. Like different strokes and whatever, but it's still absurd to me

Woohoo! CP foum page #4000!!!

Speaking of 4000, I think Gemini used to do over 4000 an hour back in the day. That wouldn't be necessary today, but it was quite cool to experience that. Even on a busy Saturday when the queue was full, you never stopped walking. It was the ultimate people eater. Three trains on each side, no seatbelts and no queue gates.

Gemini had to have been the most fun ride to work back in the days when they ran three trains on each side. Maybe someone who knows a little more about it could elaborate, but when I worked at the park, I was told that when they were in danger of "setting up" the third train (stopping on the high block brake before third turn) the crew would actually PUSH the trains out of the station to get them out faster to prevent a setup.

That guy is 'DoinItForTheFame' who still posts everyday, lol. He hasn't said much about VIP tours recently though. I wonder if that's still the only way he visits parks?

Relive the "enthusiasm" here:

VIP Tour Posts In Cedar Point Thread