TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

AWESOME photo! And it's gonna have to exceed the old structure height considering it's pretty obvious the ride is going to have a vertical drop. If you can kind of imagine the height this ride is going to achieve, it is going to be FLYING through the circuit. I think this will be the TALLEST wooden structure coaster, with the FIRST vertical drop ever. I'm sure CP will throw a bunch of other records in there, but this is going to be the reason I'm visiting Cedar Point next season.

This lift is getting HUGE. It looks like the ledgers now exceed the old structure height!

jp7gjyvye1az.png

I'm still going with a double drop

I think that's pretty likely here. Either way it's a win-win. Either it had a double drop which should make for an ungodly amount of airtime or it won't which will make for a ridiculous drop height (and probably still tons of airtime).

While it's been frustrating to not have an official announcement, I'm really loving the anticipation of watching this monster come together piece by piece.

The massive outward banked airtime hill on RMC Mean Streak looks like a seriously demented version of Lightning Rod's ~twist~and~shout~, which might be my favorite element on the ride. I have no idea how fast the train will take the element, but I am expecting strong floating airtime, but the lateral nature will make it feel wonderfully bizarre.

Does anyone know how tall the MCBR on Mean Streak was? I'm curious how many feet of track might come after that drop.

Also, how well do RMC coasters do with hourly capacity?

I still can't get over how many people at CP I met back in June and again this month that had NO idea Mean Streak was being converted. I'd make a comment in line somewhere in conversation with my SO about how I can't wait to come back next year for Mean Streak, and inevitably some GP would chime in that MS is closed and they're tearing it down. I'd then point out all the cranes (at which point they'd say something like "Yes, they need them to disassemble it") and new red track going up. They'd act like they just found out the world isn't flat. It's a massive structure with a heck of a lot of workers making a racket all the time so I truly don't see how anyone on the train or back doing anything at all in Frontier Town wouldn't notice.

I still can't get over how many people at CP I met back in June and again this month that had NO idea Mean Streak was being converted. I'd make a comment in line somewhere in conversation with my SO about how I can't wait to come back next year for Mean Streak, and inevitably some GP would chime in that MS is closed and they're tearing it down. I'd then point out all the cranes (at which point they'd say something like "Yes, they need them to disassemble it") and new red track going up. They'd act like they just found out the world isn't flat. It's a massive structure with a heck of a lot of workers making a racket all the time so I truly don't see how anyone on the train or back doing anything at all in Frontier Town wouldn't notice.

yep. . I got told many times they were "tearing it down". . particularly at Brews and BBQ. .and we were sitting in the shadow of the dang thing, and could clearly see the new Red track!

people are dumb, sometimes.

EDITED: to add "sometimes". . as I was not basically saying everyone who's not an enthusiast is dumb, which seem to be what this has morphed into.

(when I see certain people agreeing with what I posted? it means that what I posted, didn't come out as I intended).

Edited by bert425

Also, how well do RMC coasters do with hourly capacity?

RMC Mean Streak will likely have capacity similar to New Tx Giant which is listed as 1600/hr. 3 trains, 24 passengers per train. Of course with SF's poor operations it gets way less than spec. CF operations will have it running at a very high capacity.

Or instead of calling them dumb, they just don't care like we do and/or don't look at it and notice every single change going on. They see a coaster that was announced that it was being torn down, so they see the cranes and they think nothing of it other than its being dismantled.

Or instead of calling them dumb, they just don't care like we do and/or don't look at it and notice every single change going on. They see a coaster that was announced that it was being torn down, so they see the cranes and they think nothing of it other than its being dismantled.

No, they are dumb. They can obviously see bright new steel track on what was a wood coaster. What thinking person would think new track means it's being torn down? There is also the fact that you don't need to be precise and exacting if it's being completely torn down. They can tear down a wood coaster really quick if you have no need to save parts or relocate it. They could just wrecking ball it over the off season.

No, they are dumb. They can obviously see bright new steel track on what was a wood coaster. What thinking person would think new track means it's being torn down? There is also the fact that you don't need to be precise and exacting if it's being completely torn down. They can tear down a wood coaster really quick if you have no need to save parts or relocate it. They could just wrecking ball it over the off season.

People like you make me cringe, to the point I hate considering myself an enthusiast. To take a hobby to the point where you're calling people dumb because they don't notice something so obvious to you or me; is taking it too far in my opinion.

People like you make me cringe, to the point I hate considering myself an enthusiast. To take a hobby to the point where you're calling people dumb because they don't notice something so obvious to you or me; is taking it too far in my opinion.

Perfectly said.

I now keep this gif on my desktop as I feel it's use just sums up my feelings perfectly. I also consider myself a semi-enthusiast for exactly that reason. The extreme enthusiasts give enthusiasts a bad name.

giphy.gif.6d80d6109460fd715d31f986b56ab3b4.gif

Edited by Guy T. Koepp

I now keep this gif on my desktop as I feel it's use just sums up my feelings perfectly.

It's obvious to people with eyes and able to think.

My wife is not nearly as passionate about coasters as I am. My Wife never noticed the steel track on Mean Streak until I pointed it out to her. Even then I had to reference Storm Chaser and Goliath as references to her to try to explain to her what they were doing. Its not a common thing to the gp.

My wife is not nearly as passionate about coasters as I am. My Wife never noticed the steel track on Mean Streak until I pointed it out to her. Even then I had to reference Storm Chaser and Goliath as references to her to try to explain to her what they were doing. Its not a common thing to the gp.

Sorry to break it to you, but I think your wife might have a classic case of "dumb"...

/s

So can you casually walk past a auto body shop and know if new parts, after market parts or second hand parts are being installed. If not car enthusiasts think you are dumb.