TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

More importantly, does anybody happen to know why Dragster has been down since yesterday evening? No activity whatsoever on it today that we can see.

Dragster was down most of the day on the 4th according to my friend.

Bummer. When we arrived yesterday evening it was running and by the time we got settled in Breakers and walked in the park it was down for the night. Hasn't moved at all today :/ Maverick had its usual hiccups this morning and Valravn was down for quite a while around noon but is back up and running.

^ Maybe a number of them are travelers/first timers, like I was back in June, and this is their first time on it.

It's all about timing. More or less.

IMG_3794.JPG.0ad890646ceeb26cbbff6cca4e732923.JPG

It was okay, and once was enough. June 2/17.

Edited by Nrthwnd

^We have on bright red shirts, BF's has CP designs on it and mine has a white heartbeat with a rabbit on the front. We'll be here tomorrow too!

According to CoasterQueue, Corkscrew has a 40 minute wait. If that is accurate I am very confused why that many people are willing to spend nearly an hour of their day at Corkscrew.

That's correct. The park is crazy busy in certain areas and dead in others. With TTD down and other big rides having off and on issues, I think people are spreading out in unusual ways.

^ Might as well include Wilderness Run, too hmm?

Although to be called a "one and done," I would gladly ride

it again, if they offered it again, in future CM! ERT.

(Thank You CoasterMANIA! evening ERT!)

IMG_3813.JPG.1561d653d9878d3affbb86a70722146b.JPG

Credit Whoring at it's Finest. WR late evening ERT June 2/17.

Maverick was down all day on the 4th. Don't know why.

Dragster was down most of the day but opened at like 7 and broke again close to the end of the night if memory serves me right and to my knowledge hasn't been open since

I'll be at the park tomorrow and will report back

Edited by bluestreak

^ Maybe Maverick is trying to "catch up" with Dragster? After the number of times we went through break-downs,

a protein spill, and "something wrong with the lift hill"... I understand your concern.

IMG_3846.JPG.f86f44e22be7d4b24b284075a0925376.JPG

A blurry Maverick shot. June 3/17.

Bert and Bill - we all sure had some tough Maverick luck on our visit last month but persevered! Despite the breakdown this morning we got a bunch of laps on it. Neither of you will believe me but Blue Streak was running great today. Sat in the 2nd car middle (non wheel) seat and had a fun and smooth ride. A month ago it felt like being sucked into a garbage disposal so whoever has been doing maintenance on it since then is heading on the right direction!

^ Oh well, we did ride it once to get the credit, lol.

"Maybe on the next visit"....

IMG_4020.JPG.51faf0c278add188207ef617b503bfcd.JPG

...And I did get a pic of the model of it in the CP Museum, in the park. (o;

I was at the park on Wednesday and Thursday and Maverick was up all day Wednesday (a great ride!).

Maverick was down a lot of the day on Thursday.

Dragster was down all day Wednesday and Thursday.

It did open on Wednesday around 6 for what was reported to be about 3 trains that were 1/2 full only and then went down for the day.

We talked to a couple of ride ops that were cleaning around Dragster (the trains, rails, etc.) about Dragster and none of them knew what the issue was nor if would eventually open. We saw a mechanic on Wednesday just before it opened but nothing on Thursday.

Dragster is up. I repeat, DRAGSTER IS UP! Lots and lots of testing and finally the green train was transferred off and the line opened.

I happened to be at Power Tower and went over as soon as they began testing but it was like Black Friday madness with half of the park literally sprinting to form a line. They are not loading the last 2 cars. I chatted up one of the workers who said now that the main problem is hopefully resolved he is able to say that there was an issue with something in the launch motor and that's why it's been down for several days. We are on the ramp currently and fingers crossed it continues working so we can get on!

^ Thinking good loading thoughts ~ thinking good loading thoughts.....

(The suspence is killing me!)

(She's not here, now! She must be boarding!)

^ Thinking good loading thoughts ~ thinking good loading thoughts.....

(The suspence is killing me!)

(She's not here, now! She must be boarding!)

They got on (she texted me)

^ Haha!!! Thanks for the good wishes - they worked! We did get on after several very tense moments when the trains randomly failed to launch and they had to reset the music and car sound effects multiple times to get it working again. Then it'd launch a few fine and suddenly get fussy again. I'm sure there was something more complicated and accurate to it but that's what we came up lol.

IMG_6542.thumb.JPG.f445c2acab9606a7bb01a4c390468d74.JPG

It seemed to go down again sometime after that while we were over marathoning Maverick since we didn't see a train launch for some time. But then while I marathoned Millennium Force I eventually saw the tower launch lights lighting up so we headed back over at 11:40pm for 2 more TTD rides, each 2 train waits only. The park was a ghost town the entire day with rerides allowed on multiple rides. Too bad you and Bert weren't there to share the day with!

^Hangtime

Does anyone know the best place to post eBay listings of park memorabilia for sale? There seems to be a hundred facebook pages and groups for CP and other parks. I have a bunch of Cedar Point stuff from the 80s/90s, including some cool but very geeky odds & ends from my time there as an employee (91-93) that someone might appreciate. I'm going to list it on eBay in the next couple weeks - where is the best place to share those eBay links?

I also have gobs of stuff from Kings Island, and my home park SF Great America... and then smaller collections/pieces from about 50 other parks. Most stuff is from the the 80s/90s. I'm doing a massive clearing out/de-cluttering, and I figured I could get a few bucks for some of this, rather than giving it all away (already gave plenty away!). Plus, I would like it to land in good hands/someone who appreciates it. It would be so cool to see it all scanned it and posted on some of the park fan sites, but I don't have the time to do all that myself.

1348735548_pointsample.jpg.4539b4e2cf8b2482a10e5c7d51fdb698.jpg