TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Knowing how CP tends to push for capacity in ride designs, I would expect 7-car trains on this ride.

Maybe even 8 cars? Its safe to say though it will run 3/4 trains, since it is the biggest RMC ever to be given Iron Horse treatment, and both NTG and TC has 3 trains, so it is definitely likely, especially with a mid-course brake run. No doubt about it!

has the water park and beach been packed on the weekends so far this year? i'm probably gonna go up on a hot saturday or sunday sometime next month and was wondering how busy that part of the park usually is.

If you choose to go on a hot Saturday, be prepared for the water park to be around max capacity.

Or in other words...if it was my decision, I would avoid it like the plague.

oh wow. is it really getting that busy? didn't even know they had a max capacity for the waterpark lol.

Not 100% certain if they do or not, but when we tried to go last June, the parking lot was completely full and they were parking cars at Sandcastle Suites. And from what I could see, it looked like every slide tower had a line all the way down the stairs - I would say that would be damn close to max capacity!

We ended up just turning around and going back to the hotel and swimming at the pool. Found out that they had a tiki bar at the pool, so it was was much better than battling the hot mess at SC.

With that said, I would be all for a Splash Lane or Fast Lane at the Cedar Shores. I'm sure that if other CF parks have them, it will certainly be coming there very soon.

do platinum passes normally go on sale during holidays such as christmas? what prices do they drop to if so? and does anyone else think it's kinda dumb that you can't get into cedar point shores with just a normal season pass?

do platinum passes normally go on sale during holidays such as christmas? what prices do they drop to if so? and does anyone else think it's kinda dumb that you can't get into cedar point shores with just a normal season pass?

They go on sale in the fall. That will be the lowest price to get them. After around closing day, the price continues to go up.

Okay, bear with me a bit. it's a long story. I was looking for old images today of Fly o Plane ,that was at Geuaga Lake years ago. Someone here posted a TR on Lake Winnie, which has the only, as far as I know, Fly o Plane left. ( might have even come from Geauga, not sure) Any who, I found a cool old postcard of it and put it on my PC as my screen saver. It was one of my Uncles' favorite , " I'll torture you by flying upside down the whole time" rides. Anywhos, about an hour later, I get a call that my uncle, who was in his 90's had just passed. That kinda creeped me out. So, what does that have to do with Cedar Point ? Well he lived at a place near Huron, on the beach that faced Cedar Point. Good Golly the views were fantastic. 2 years ago we went to CP, and he said he wouldn't go back again because he would never stand in those kind of lines again. So, can Cp or really, any other park for that matter, just give fast passes, or hell, even free passes, to our old timers , who love the parks, even drink lots of beer while there ( yeah he did) a little break ? Sorry for the story, but it's the passing of a family member of mine that was a park nut, that makes me a bit sad. good time stories, aah .

geauga.jpg.6de1230ec032e4ba62e6a2c6ad662446.jpg

Last year Platinum passes were on sale at a discount all off season, starting right after the next year rides announcement. The price held till May. The price was $189, they offer a monthly payment plan. Making Cedar Point shores platinum pass feature is adding value to entice people to upgrade, just like the 1 hr early entry, and needing platinum to got into other Cedar Fair Parks and parking included. It's value and upgrade marketing unlike Six Flags, which lets you get into any SF park with a regular pass, that can be as cheap as $50.

After seeing that new teaser video, I guess we can confirm another Thunderhawk will be joining the Cedar Fair family... Really though, I guess a name or theme alluding to thunder would make some sense because of the lightning aspect of the Mean Streak logo

https://twitter.com/cedarpoint There's another teaser.

Actually, I was thinking more of a horse theme, etc.. Somebody mentioned Stampede a while back. A group of horses or stampede can sound like thunder rolling in. With RMC Mean Streak being in Frontier Town one would expect a fitting name, ie... Stampede is in the realm of possibility. My personal thought was always Ghost Rider's. That kind of goes back to the Fall 2016 1st tease.

Ugh I don't even want to post this as it smells like complete bullsh*t to me and I am not in the business of perpetuating enthusiast lies, but there is a rumor going around in some of the FB coaster groups and I need to know if there is any shred of truth to it (which I'm pretty certain there isn't).

Apparently Maverick had two trains bump in the station recently and mgmt freaked out so they've slowed both launches? If this is true why would they slow the launches? Sounds like a block issue not a speed issue. Any locals or insiders have info? Anyone else seen this? Can anyone in the know (Hi, Tony!) confirm this is horsesh*t?

Ugh I don't even want to post this as it smells like complete bullsh*t to me and I am not in the business of perpetuating enthusiast lies, but there is a rumor going around in some of the FB coaster groups and I need to know if there is any shred of truth to it (which I'm pretty certain there isn't).

Apparently Maverick had two trains bump in the station recently and mgmt freaked out so they've slowed both launches? If this is true why would they slow the launches? Sounds like a block issue not a speed issue. Any locals or insiders have info? Anyone else seen this? Can anyone in the know (Hi, Tony!) confirm this is horsesh*t?

I am at the park now. Have ridden Maverick several times todayand the launches seem completely normal. Speedy as always. They are running five trains and a mechanic is working on another one to the side of the launch.

More importantly, does anybody happen to know why Dragster has been down since yesterday evening? No activity whatsoever on it today that we can see.

I am at the park now. Have ridden Maverick several times todayand the launches seem completely normal. Speedy as always. They are running five trains and a mechanic is working on another one to the side of the launch.

More importantly, does anybody happen to know why Dragster has been down since yesterday evening? No activity whatsoever on it today that we can see.

Dragster was down most of the day on the 4th according to my friend.