TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I heard from the Dippin' Dots guy that they are adding onto Dragster. They are adding a chain lift in place of the launch and having it go over to that side of the park

Or not.. it'd be less problematic though!

Eric

Eric, after you finished talking with him, he told me that it would also spend almost two minutes under water!! Devastator-style!

Amazing how many miss the sarcasm....next time you post like that, give the over/under on how many will pick up on it.

^^How bout the collosus clones (minus a few heartlines), the impulses don't seem very unpredictable, How many of them are different? Oh, about 1 or 2.

Clones say NOTHING about the companies that make them. They are the fault of the companies that buy them. Six Flags is responsible for Scream. OMG! Vekoma doesn't go over 300 feet. It MUST be predictable now! Same with Arrow, S&S, KumbaK, Zamperla, and a few others. So basically, in your opinon, almost every coaster companay is predictable? As for Batman, once again, the companies that buy them. S:UF seemed pretty unpredictable when it came out. When it was cloned, once again, SF's fault. B&M isn't that predictable. It all depends on what companies want from them.

Tatsu is pretty predictable though

Looking around, it could be either. Personally, I think it would be a looping.

BUT, also observe:

-The small footprint would be great for an Aqua Trax.

-The track, all triangular, for looping. Some of the Aqua Trax is rectangular.

HOWEVER:

-It would be kinda weird having this random building in the middle of Frontier land 'water' themed.

EDITED WITH BETTER SPELLING!!!!!!!!!

^^First off I started a topic about that, how did ANYBODY miss it?

Secondly, I think that neither B&M or Intamin build "predictable" rides. Rather, they build what the parks have space for. If a park wants a 7 inversion invert, do you think that 5 of the inversions are going to be loops? They are trying to build a 7 invert coaster using as many elements as they can, and apparently they work in a certain order that shows up a lot. That’s not predictable, its original if anything.

Intamin on the other hand, they built I believe 3 of the same type impulse coasters in one year all for six flags. I mean think about it, do you think its cheaper to build 3 of a kind rides for your parks or build 3 completely original impulse coasters. Same goes for all the B:TR's and SUF's. Clones are cheap, and Im sure that if you asked a ordinary person at a park how many BTR's there are, I don’t think he/she would know. Intamin also builds they're multi inversion coasters like anybody else would. Fit as many different elements as they can over the course of the ride, but just because you see them on other Intamins doesn’t make it a bad coaster. I mean come on, do you expect them to invent 10 new inversions for every coaster they build? Same goes with TTD and Kingda Ka. TTD WORKED at that height, why build a completely original coaster when you already know that a previous designed successfully worked at that height. In this case, they improved on the layout a bit, but the ride is still generally the same.

I hope that makes some sense to you guys!

Colin C

^ SPELL CHECK. Please?

That'd help people understand you.

I get your point. Yes, parks are typically more to blame for clones than the manufacturers. Vekoma does tend to market their line up as predesigned rides, and customizing those rides is an option for the park.

The real point is parks are in the business of making money, and the GP is where most of that money comes from, not us enthusiasts. So if it's cheaper to plunk down a boomerang in stead of a custom multi-inversion B&M, a park is likely to choose the boomerang. They still get to say they added a coaster, and to the GP it still 'goes upside-down'.

BUT, also observe:

1) only a small amount of track is on site. So you can't assume it's all triangular.

and

2) Have you been to the park yet? The footprint is not small by any means. It covers a very large amount of land. There's already ALOT of footers in place, and more are getting poured all the time.

BUT, also observe:

1) only a small amount of track is on site. So you can't assume it's all triangular.

Well of course. But from all of the pictures that I've seen, I still haven't seen 1 piece of rectangular track.

2) Have you been to the park yet? The footprint is not small by any means. It covers a very large amount of land. There's already ALOT of footers in place, and more are getting poured all the time.

Yes, I have been to Cedar Point.

A lot of footers mean nothing. However, the area by the previous large log flume and swan boats, wasn't considerably big when you look at the size of other Cedar Point coaster lands.

BUT, also observe:

Well of course. But from all of the pictures that I've seen, I still haven't seen 1 piece of rectangular track.

Yes, I have been to Cedar Point.

A lot of footers mean nothing. However, the area by the previous large log flume and swan boats, wasn't considerably big when you look at the size of other Cedar Point coaster lands.

It seems pretty large to me for an aquatrax... oh well, I know nothing compared to someone with a roman numeral in their TPR handle...

The clue 'get ready for some serious sidewinding' as seen on signs in the construction are make me believe it will at least have an average number of inversions.

I'm going with an Intamin multilooper, and with CP's history, they'll probably launch the thing somehow, hopefully with lindear induction motors.

Does the Colossus ride (England or Europe?) ten inversions? I now may change my idea (from Aquatrax) towards another ride similar to Colossus now.

It may/may not break the inversion record, but I assume that CP may have a new wrinkle up their sleeve as Intamin may have added a new inversion element to there arsenal. (Serious Sidewindin')

You have to remember that Colossus (Thorpe Park) doesn't have that much triangular track, the only bits that are triangular are: Loop, Cobra Roll & 2 Corkscrews.

If it is to be in Intamin Looper, I would have prefered them to go for B&M, Intamin loopers just don't look that impressive, where as B&M's look awsome, and another point, Colossus is only 4 years old and its in a terrible state. Who can say that about a B&M?

But theres not much that can be done as they've gone for Intamin.

-Martyn

I'm really starting to think that it is going to be a Intamin Looper just for the fact that it is triangular track and also it seems that the track is always bent pieces. And don't they use rectangular tracks for higher speeds and triangular then 2-tube and so on and also with the forces the track get stronger so. Thats what i'am really starting to think its going to and also those hints aren't going to exactly give out anything special. They usually lead to what the rides name is and what the theme is.

I think I can clear this up. This is my post from ThrillNetwork:

Dude, it's a combination wooden-spinning-4D giant frisbee-inverted-standup-flying-floorless-looping-hydaulic-compressed air-LIM-LSM-cable lift-traditional lift-suspended-SLC-ball coaster themed around broccoli. Duh.

Seriously, though, I'm leaning toward a coaster with multiple loops. I'm still trying to work out "new direction." We still don't know how literal that is.