TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^^^

I feel like Power Tower and Windseeker at CP get an automatic boost over the others due to the amazing views from the top. (Haven't gotten on Cedar Downs yet. Is there seriously no safety precautions IE: seatbelts?)

^^^

I feel like Power Tower and Windseeker at CP get an automatic boost over the others due to the amazing views from the top. (Haven't gotten on Cedar Downs yet. Is there seriously no safety precautions IE: seatbelts?)

nope no seatbelts.

the outer two horses in each group get the most centrifugal force, and the inside (near the garden) give the most carousel like ride.

If you guys are really that blown away by Cedar Downs then (wow...I can't believe I'm about to say these words in this order) you REALLY need to get to Rye Playland.

heh.. might have to plan a trip for Derby Racers. . the dark rides look like good, cheesy fun tho.

(yeah, I looked it up on the TPR Park Index to see what else they offer.. it's under "Playland Park")

the dark rides look like good, cheesy fun tho.

Honestly, Ye Olde Mill is great and is definitely one of the best rides in the park but but Flying Witch and Zombie Castle are both absolutely horrendous attractions with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

^^^

I honestly don't know what everyone is talking about here . I've ridden this ride probably twice a visit every visit for the past 15 years and have never felt any of these crazy forces. Typically I don't even hold on and just BS with my friends while we race. To each their own. I have also never seen anyone fall off a horse.

^I feel the same way! I think Cedar Downs is a beautiful classic ride, but I feel like the way people are talking about it here is...misleading, to say the least.

^I feel the same way! I think Cedar Downs is a beautiful classic ride, but I feel like the way people are talking about it here is...misleading, to say the least.

how is it misleading to be telling our honest opinion of it?

I rode MaxAir once.

I rode Skyhawk once.

I rode Cedar Downs minimum 8 times.

not hard to tell which one I liked best.

how is it misleading to be telling our honest opinion of it?

I rode MaxAir once.

I rode Skyhawk once.

I rode Cedar Downs minimum 8 times.

not hard to tell which one I liked best.

Yeah, nothing misleading at all. Different strokes and all that jazz. Everybody's got their own personal favorites and there's nothing wrong with that. Some people love swinging super high and parallel to the ground. Some people love being nearly thrown off of a horse with no seatbelts. And yet other people have an unnaturally unhealthy obsession with sitting in a metal box that slowly takes them from one side of the park to the other.

^ Actually, a metal box, that travels a very short distance, several hundred feet, if that, to "another spot" in the park.

For "the other side of the park," there used to be two Skyrides. Sort of within

walking distance between stations. Now, sadly, only the one in front survived time.

Cedar Downs definitely blew our minds a bit and was a crapload of unexpected fun but in no way shape or form do I agree its better than Skyhawk or even MaXair. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's okay to be wrong. We won't judge you for how terrible your opinion is.

If you guys are really that blown away by Cedar Downs then (wow...I can't believe I'm about to say these words in this order) you REALLY need to get to Rye Playland.

That ride seriously surprised me. I was barely able to stay on my horse. It took a lot of effort and was a bit terrifying but awesome.

I love how the employees casually jump on and off as it runs like it's no big deal, and occasionally they have to desperately give advice to riders that are losing grip and about to fall off.

CD is fun, but I admit that I have ridden it a total of three times in my entire life and that is going to Cedar Point every year for like the past 30+ years. I love the Tilt-A-Whirl, but have ridden the one at CP maybe twice. The times that we did ride those rides were because all of the other lines were ridiculously long and it was before they had FL+.

I know that I need to do a better job of hitting the smaller rides - not just making loops around the park hitting all of the major coasters (that don't suck) with Skyhawk, Maxair and Power Tower being the only flats that I normally do while there.

^ Actually, a metal box, that travels a very short distance, several hundred feet, if that, to "another spot" in the park.

The station-to-station distance of Skyride is ~1,300 ft., or roughly 1/4 mile.

After having been on SkyRides around the world that are easily over a

couple of thousand feet station-to-station length, this SkyRide was alright for the length it was. A needed break from walking.

But I wished they had kept the second one alive and operating. Two of them would have been really cool!

The station-to-station distance of Skyride is ~1,300 ft., or roughly 1/4 mile.

It always seemed really short to me but 1/4 mile each way is a decent amount when you're schlepping around CP for several days. I'll definitely be using this information to insist that SO and I ride it more than once next visit. Thx!

^ For myself, the main draws for the SkyRide back to the Entry Gate was Pinks; Chickie's & Pete's; main l-o-c ke- rs;

Midway Market. But the first time we rode it was silly fun, as we mis-read where the Midway Exit/Entryway actually was.*

And where the CM! lunch was too, lol. And WindSeeker, as well. But we learned later, to use it better.

*We never needed to get on, to get where we wanted to go...lunch. We learned, fast!

Different strokes and all that jazz. Everybody's got their own personal favorites..

This I can totally get behind! People have different opinions and different things they enjoy. And that's awesome!

Some people love being nearly thrown off of a horse with no seatbelts.

This is the kind of statement I have a problem with. No one is being "nearly thrown off" of Cedar Downs. Come on now.

^^^

I honestly don't know what everyone is talking about here . I've ridden this ride probably twice a visit every visit for the past 15 years and have never felt any of these crazy forces. Typically I don't even hold on and just BS with my friends while we race. To each their own. I have also never seen anyone fall off a horse.

Did you ride it in 1969 or early 70's?

Some people love being nearly thrown off of a horse with no seatbelts.

This is the kind of statement I have a problem with. No one is being "nearly thrown off" of Cedar Downs. Come on now.

I am one of those who holds Cedar Downs in high regard, but I have to concur with you here! I've never felt like I was about to get thrown off at any time, ever!

^^^

Did you ride it in 1969 or early 70's?

Nope! Wasn't even born yet! First visit to the park was in 1998. Which is irrelevant to how it runs now. It does not run fast enough to nearly throw people off.

^Yeah, as somebody who did ride the Frontier Lift, I can attest to the fact that it was definitely the better of the two sky rides! It was awesome to soar over the water below, with the Paddlewheel Excursions chugging along, and then through the trees as you approached Frontier Town! I remember we frequently rode that lift, while riding the other one was more of a one and done type of thing. As much as I loved Iron Dragon (back in the day when it debuted), I definitely missed the Frontier Lift upon its removal, and older me, kind of wishes we could have Frontier Lift back, and lose Iron Dragon...