TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^1 reason 2 hands. Your logic would equate to a nice ass being 2 reasons as well. But again, 1 reason, 2 hands. Now if you include both tits and ass as the 2 reasons, then I completely agree, as you can have one hand on each reason working your way back and forth between the 4 reasons in total.

See my point. Speaking of point. Cedar Point.

Two coasters, I have no interest, in ever riding again.

Roller coaster opinions can be so divergent.

I would give just about anything to be able ride either Raptor or Blue Streak right now.

Alas, I'm stuck at work here in Chicago, 300 miles away from Raptor and Blue Streak.

In fact, now that Old Mean Streak is gone, there isn't a single coaster at CP that I wouldn't ride with a smile on my face.

(Except perhaps for Wilderness Run. I've never attempted to credit whore that thing).

you could not pay me enough to ride Blue Streak again. . . but if I was very intoxicated. . . loosened up, so to speak, MAYBE I'd get back on Raptor.

as to Wilderness Run?. . . riding it from after 10pm made it more awesome, but here is the official POV from CP:

I do believe it's Intamin's 1st coaster. . so just for historical purposes, I wanted to ride it

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

....I would give just about anything to be able ride either Raptor or Blue Streak right now.

Alas, I'm stuck at work here in Chicago, 300 miles away from Raptor and Blue Streak.

You are much closer to it than I am, so have at it when you get the chance to. I have now, and can honestly

diss the things if I so choose to. BS was bs from start to ultimate finish. And Raptor was just okay to me. I have

ridden a lot of these types of coasters in parks around the world. And yes I "got the credit," it was still just "okay."

My daughter and I were in line behind a couple of uber enthusiast waiting for Hurler last year. When we chose our row she said, "Dad, why did those guys smell like pirates?"

OK well now we are going to make this a thing. From this point forward, anytime you come across some rankass enthusiasts, refer to them as pirates. Ok, everyone? We're gonna make this a thing.

LOL that's incredible and I'm absolutely on the pirate bandwagon. Wait, that sounds like I'm a pirate. What I mean is, I am 100% committed to calling smelly people pirates.

Regarding Blue Streak: this past visit it was absolutely running a bit unruly. Normally I ride it several times but it was a once and done for us as there were track areas that were in great need of assistance. It didn't feel like my train had square wheels but it definitely wasn't running as it has in the past which was a shame since normally it's a fun little thing. Nrthwind - great avatar, buddy.

I like Blue Streak more than TTD, or Magnum! Yeah, that's right! Come FIGHT ME enthusiasts!!!

I will say though, it sounds like something is wrong with BS this year... I didn't ride it when I went earlier this year, so I haven't been able to experience said roughness for myself, but I'm wondering if it does indeed need some retracking, or a tuneup of sorts. It normally gives such awesome rides, especially in the front!

We found Blue Streak to be a bit rough as well, and we hadn't ridden it on any of our other other recent trips. I am also one that it takes a LOT of badness for me to say I'll never again ride something (I would even give the NYNY coaster another chance), so I did ride it twice and would give it another chance, but I definitely wouldn't run there or spend time waiting for it when I could do any other CP ride. I'd probably place it at least in my bottom third of the coasters at CP.

Raptor... I like it, I still don't see it as amazing as apparently a lot of others do, but maybe it's just eclipsed by all the other great rides at CP?

I'll gladly take Cedar Downs over any ride at CP other than:

MF

Maverick

Gatekeeper

or

Gemini

I loved that F'ed up thing, and would love to have gotten a few more rides on it

MF

Maverick

Gatekeeper

or

Gemini

I loved that F'ed up thing, and would love to have gotten a few more rides on it

Add Magnum to that list, and I agree completely. It was by far my favourite flat at the park, even above MaxAir and Skyhawk. I felt like I had to hold on at all times--just a crazy out of control feeling that most flats never achieve.

MF

Maverick

Gatekeeper

or

Gemini

Add Magnum to that list, and I agree completely. It was by far my favourite flat at the park, even above MaxAir and Skyhawk. I felt like I had to hold on at all times--just a crazy out of control feeling that most flats never achieve.

the curator at the town hall museum told me they run it at 2/3rds speed. . because if they ran it at full speed, they would have to put seat belts on it!

MF

Maverick

Gatekeeper

or

Gemini

the curator at the town hall museum told me they run it at 2/3rds speed. . because if they ran it at full speed, they would have to put seat belts on it!

Holy crap!

^ That freakishly impressed me, too. My first and only ride on it, left me clinging to horsey

and wanting the centrifugal force to stop stop STOP!

But I did love it for what it was, as an awesome flat ride.

IMG_3787.JPG.9fff6af286f19491ccfa2bac680ab1fe.JPG

Pretty at night, too. June 2/17. TIKI TWIRL is also high on my Must Ride List at CP!

MF

Maverick

Gatekeeper

or

Gemini

Holy crap!

yep!

that was one of my "insider tidbits" I was going to put in my TR for Monday (likely still will).. talked to the gentleman for a while, he told me all kinds of interesting stuff.

This came up because I mentioned that you have to put a seatbelt on for the car ride right next door, but not for Cedar Downs??

and that's when he told me they only run it at 2/3rds speed, and why.. .

Yeah, people really do go to Cedar Point for the coasters. The flat rides are things to do between coasters or things for people in your party who don't like coasters to do while you're riding coasters. I honestly didn't ride very many while I was there, but Cedar Downs was one I made sure to ride. It's just so special; I haven't seen anything like it anywhere else, and I don't think there even are very many. Cedar Point has done a fantastic job of keeping up older rides even as they add new ones all the time.

^ I know I rode more flats in any park, internationally, than I can ever remember.

All thanks to my roomie Bert, and Liz and Dianne, esp.on that CoasterMania! Day. Solo on rides

is okay, as it is. But I missed group stuff and this was really fun, on all the rides I normally

hated to ride. Well, surprise!

Like most enthusiasts, I enjoy most large thrilling flats (MaXair, Skyhawk, Windseeker, Power Tower, etc.), so that combined with the wonderful array of coasters at the park, I tend to ignore most of the smaller flats/attractions. I'll be visiting the park for my third time this August, so maybe I'll take some time to check them out since I've already ridden most of the coasters there.

Like most enthusiasts, I enjoy most large thrilling flats (MaXair, Skyhawk, Windseeker, Power Tower, etc.), so that combined with the wonderful array of coasters at the park, I tend to ignore most of the smaller flats/attractions. I'll be visiting the park for my third time this August, so maybe I'll take some time to check them out since I've already ridden most of the coasters there.

Tiki Twirl and Cedar Downs are must rides.

and there's a Tilt-a-Whirl (full size) for some reason "hidden" in Camp Snoopy.. well worth a ride on that too.