TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Well considering that y'all/ya'll stands for "you all", wouldn't it make more sense to be y'all considering that splits the two words?

Anyways, I can't wait for this new ride. Although a lot of people are going along with the Aquatrax idea, I think that is only because of that one rumor. I just can't imagine Cedar Point getting one. People were wrong when the first pieces of MF track came in. It happened to be the skinny track they use on the brake run. Everybody thought it would be a wild mouse. What MF is, is far from that haha. I am convinced that this is going to be a very long and tall ride....possibly beating the height record but with a lift hill.

Well considering that y'all/ya'll stands for "you all", wouldn't it make more sense to be y'all considering that splits the two words?

Anyways, I can't wait for this new ride. Although a lot of people are going along with the Aquatrax idea, I think that is only because of that one rumor. I just can't imagine Cedar Point getting one. People were wrong when the first pieces of MF track came in. It happened to be the skinny track they use on the brake run. Everybody thought it would be a wild mouse. What MF is, is far from that haha. I am convinced that this is going to be a very long and tall ride....possibly beating the height record but with a lift hill.

I highly doubt the height record is taken over again. I really think they are going for an inversion record. The last 3 rides all broke height records (Yes, Intamins Wicked Twister was the tallest of the bunch) The going in a new direction is what I hope is the sign that its inversions instead of height. Height is kind of blah. You can make the tallest coaster out there and if the layout isnt any good it means nothing (ala MF).

^ Because that is Intamin track.

But it does look unusually small. Smaller than the Triangular track on MF and other Hypers. Maybe I just need like another ride to scale it with.

I don't think its track for a loop either because each piece has joints to connect a support, and loops don't have supports on top of them

Oh and just to be another cool kid in this thread. My T9 word on my cell phone (If any of you know what that is ofcourse) lets me spell it Ya'll, and doesn't let me spell it Y'all.

IMO, I think another Intamin is the last thing that Cedar Point needs. I mean, don't get me wrong, Intamin has produced some pretty sweet rides for them in the past. But this is the 6th Intamin coaster at the park, I think Cedar Point needs to break away from Intamin, and build another B+M or even a Deja Vu...

Okay, why is another Intamin so bad? Its not like every ride Intamin put in at CP is horrible, or even the slightest bit bad. I mean, I think that B&M is a better coaster company then Intamin, but that doesnt mean I dont like Intamin. Personially, I think Intamin has kept consistant with they're coaster output where B&M has slacked a bit in the last few years. Intamin has better ride designs then B&M, but B&M perfects what models they have. So to sum it up, I think that another Intamin for the park isnt a big deal, I mean were going to ride it regardless, right?

Colin C

As i said, I don't think Intamin is a bad company, "Intamin has produced some pretty sweet rides for them in the past." I just think that Cedar Point should look to have a variety of coasters from a variety of companies.

Intamin has better ride designs then B&M, but B&M perfects what models they have.

Exactly. Quality over quantity. Though the coaster "arms race" between CP and SFMM is still going strong, I think it's about time the Point got a nice, quality B&M... maybe even a floorless. Even though there's one right down the turnpike, people who know Cedar Point as the best amusement park on the planet aren't going to take the time to visit a smaller park for the credit.

Ive been reading some 'new' (dating back to 2002) roller coaster books, and it got me thinking. They keep mentioning that Intamin is always expanding (even though it went up to TTD's construction). Do you think it could be some prototype ride?

I heard from the Dippin' Dots guy that they are adding onto Dragster. They are adding a chain lift in place of the launch and having it go over to that side of the park

Or not.. it'd be less problematic though!

My votes for a new inversion record holder.. but like everyone else said.. WHY RED..... I'm hoping they do some kind of extensive theming for it though.. it'd be better than massive red mess.

Eric

I heard from the Dippin' Dots guy that they are adding onto Dragster. They are adding a chain lift in place of the launch and having it go over to that side of the park

Eric

That's the most retarded Dippin' Dots guy I've ever heard of in my life!

^^If it was B&M, it wouldn't be as good as we all know it's going to be. B&M is too predictable.