TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Since I'm a complete twig I have the luxury of leaving a solid 6 inches between me and the restraint on millie. That mixed with leaving the seat belt loose equates to one of the most crazy airtime moments on any coaster I've ever ridden when you go down that first drop.

Just thought I'd throw that out there... now back to the mean streak speculation.

Took a couple shots from the train today, looks like we have a new inversion taking shape after the overbank in the structure. This is directly under the upward twist and ends at about were the old entrance use to be.

I cant see where you are talking about....someone care to point out what I'm missing?

Sooo we're looking at minimum 4 inversions, and (hate to be the rain on the parade of speculation) probably 200-230 feet and around 80 mph, long ride....in true CP fashion this will be the biggest, baddest RMC without doubt. I've seen some pics taken from Coastermania and they are absolutely insane. This thing needs to be completed asap

I love that this is turning out to be a wacky, cartoonized version of the old Mean Streak. It's hardly going to look much different from afar. Riding this thing is going to be a world apart from its predecessor, though!

The profile of that drop makes it look like this could be the first RMC with a totally vertical drop?

As this has been pointed out before. . . Yes. We are most likely looking at a vertical drop.

The profile of that drop makes it look like this could be the first RMC with a totally vertical drop?

As this has been pointed out before. . . Yes. We are most likely looking at a vertical drop.

This is the most insane coaster I have ever seen made. I feel we might be looking at something MORE special than just a vertical drop. If it launches, I would guess it will roll at the crest of the hill, and when it levels out, it will hit vertical, then continue to the bottom of the drop.

That is my speculation of today over.

We're taking day off today to relax and meet friends from Cleveland (hate we don't get to see you Phil!)

Back to park tomorrow.

Having a great time despite maverick's frustration-- seriously went down MULTIPLE times when we were litterally two trains away. Several different times. Still have gotten multiple rides in.

Oh and EVERY coaster. Even wilderness run. Was ert for adults during cm so bill and I rode. Lol

Zo -- you must have been on 10am cruise w us. Too bad we didn't get to say hi

But did spend 8 or so hours w tbpony &a her mom Dianne during day of cm. What fabulous people!

Also bumped into Aimee and her hubby Gordon at breakers on thurs night and spent last night in bar with them and others until 2am having a blast (she brought out a cheese plate from her room) LOL

So trip report in the next week. TONS of photos. We're having a blast. If you didn't say hi to us. Why not!!!!!

BBQ & brews was great too. The chocolate beer and the apple pie cider were my favorites

Bert

Having a great time despite maverick's frustration-- seriously went down MULTIPLE times when we were litterally two trains away. Several different times. Still have gotten multiple rides in. But did spend 8 or so hours w tbpony & her mom Dianne during day of cm. What fabulous people!

Thanks Bert, we had an absolute blast spending basically the entire day with you and Bill! I'm still laughing at some of our hilarious rides together and park experiences that day. And crying about the painful breakdowns at Maverick. My face dropped after waiting out the breakdowns and we were 2nd to load and I realized the ride op wasn't joking when he said they weren't actually loading the ride yet, but instead they were ratcheting the restraints for what felt like 400 more cycles. We weren't going to budge from the line, though! Mom wants to do CM next year so hopefully we can meet up again then... hint, hint!

Video update by Coasterbob62 on Youtube.

Are those the famous mayflies seen at about the 4:50 mark?

I was planning a June trip there next year, but may wait until mid July...lol

Thanks for the great video. This ride is going to be insane. I can't wait to take a ride on the New Mean Streak. Unlike some RMC conversions, it looks like they are using close to all the existing structure and track length. I would not be surprised if the new ride is longer than the old one.

Construction is moving at such a quick pace. I didn't realize until I watched the video that cross beams were already in place for the midcourse brake run, and what looks like the return section on the North side of the drop. And did you all notice all the wood and track waiting to be installed at the 7:32 mark? I think we are going to see a lot of transformation in the coming week!

Are those the famous mayflies seen at about the 4:50 mark?

I'm surprised there are any left. I thought Brit and I inadvertently ate all of them while riding Millennium Force in the front row.

And I thought Thorpe Park was bad will all its small flies, but if it is FAMOUS, it must be bad.