TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

There's far too many "devils advocates" excusing homophobia on here today.

hahahahahahaha

oh my. . I guess I don't know what "homophobia" looks like.

I'll have to ask my husband to learn me!

A grand total of zero people are "excusing homophobia". We all think the guy who said that is the scum of the earth. All that's happening is that some of us are saying that we can understand why an untrained bartender who just started an entry level seasonal job less than 2 weeks ago might have been unprepared to deal with that type of situation which I would think is beyond the scope of his training because (let's be honest) it's not like he's a real bartender. He's working at a food service location that up until recently didn't even have a bathroom at a seasonal amusement park where I'm sure no actual bartending experience is required. Nobody's acting like he's the victim here but saying that you understand his situation isn't "excusing homophobia".

That's literally all speculation downplaying this. You don't know the age of the bartender nor do you know how long he's worked there. The devil's advocate stuff really downplays this customer's experience. Even if he might be under-experienced at his job, he should still face consequences for the way he treated customers.

That bartender should have AT LEAST apologized for the uncomfortable situation. But he should have honestly called his manager/security to remove the other patron for using slurs at another guest. IMO, the behavior of the bartender is completely unprofessional.

And who knows, maybe the bartender was actually homophobic? None of you were there. Either case, this is wrong and should definitely be brought up to park management.

I can't believe I need to clarify.

I'm at an amusement park to have fun. And as much as ignorant words hurt feelings, it's not worth getting upset over and ruining your day.

The bartender probably should have addressed you personally, but he may not have noticed that you were disturbed by those comments or his reaction. I can't explain his behavior, but I can advise you to just let this kind of thing roll off your back. Life is much easier when you don't let people get under your skin.

Sorry, I have a hard time buying "it's early in the season", "he's new at the job" etc; Common sense would tell you not to dignify hateful comments towards a paying guest with any response other than MAYBE a smirk. This bartender is at LEAST 21 years old, not a 16 year old high school sophomore working his first job. You should've had enough life experience at 21 to handle the situation with a little more tact.

I do feel Cedar Point should be contacted, not out of spite and/or revenge, but to assure this situation never happens again. A paying guest should never feel discriminated against by an employee, even if it wasn't the employee's intention.

That's literally all speculation downplaying this. You don't know the age of the bartender nor do you know how long he's worked there. The devil's advocate stuff really downplays this customer's experience. Even if he might be under-experienced at his job, he should still face consequences for the way he treated customers.

That bartender should have AT LEAST apologized for the uncomfortable situation. But he should have honestly called his manager/security to remove the other patron for using slurs at another guest. IMO, the behavior of the bartender is completely unprofessional.

And who knows, maybe the bartender was actually homophobic? None of you were there. Either case, this is wrong and should definitely be brought up to park management.

Jesus Christ, dude. You need to relax. Can we just get this over with and go lynch the bar tender?

Whoa did the mods delete this already? I just went back through all four pages of this discussion and couldn't find a single instance where this happened.

So you think that because of comments made by a park guest, the bartender should be punished? The bartender really didn't do anything except give a very small response to the guest. I mean how would you have responded to the guest? If you start getting mad at him for what he said, then you risk ruining that guests day. If you just kind of agree with whatever he says, that guest goes on with his day. I think the bartender did the best thing, considering the couple was on the other side of the bar and also since they just asked to watch a hockey game, odds are they aren't even paying attention to what is happening at the other end of the bar. If the bartender were to go apologize to the couple after and they hadn't even been paying attention that would have been a little awkward for the bartender to have to explain what happened. So no matter what the bartender did he risked ruining someone's day. It's really hard to say if he truly did the right thing for the situation considering we weren't actually there.

Can we go back to arguing about the weather now?

The park just has to show that it sincerely cares.

They have. We bitched and moaned about how awful Mean Streak was, and look at the thing.

LOL, so now that we can cross that one off the list, I'd just like to casually throw out there to the world how nice it is to have urinal dividers throughout an entire amusement park. #2019

Sorry, I have a hard time buying "it's early in the season", "he's new at the job" etc; Common sense would tell you not to dignify hateful comments towards a paying guest with any response other than MAYBE a smirk. This bartender is at LEAST 21 years old, not a 16 year old high school sophomore working his first job. You should've had enough life experience at 21 to handle the situation with a little more tact.

I do feel Cedar Point should be contacted, not out of spite and/or revenge, but to assure this situation never happens again. A paying guest should never feel discriminated against by an employee, even if it wasn't the employee's intention.

Thanks for the rational post, I agree.

There's far too many "devils advocates" excusing homophobia on here today. All I know is that if this experience was enough to make two adults leave the theme park, it must've been pretty shitty.

You're the type of person nobody wants to listen to anymore. Your reasoning is exaggerated, and your practicality is nowhere to be found. Go crazy with the uproar but really nobody cares. Making a mountain out of a molehill. It's really not that big of a deal.

I'm an adult. I understand the gay stuff (trust me). If I was offended, by pretty much anything, I wouldn't leave. Understanding people are assholes and say asshole stuff and being big enough to brush it off is PART of being an adult. Take the freakin' upper hand for once and let people know you don't give a shit about what they say because you can do whatever you want instead of causing an uproar.

People may be a certain age, but acting a certain way can most certainly make you seem like a child. I'm sure Robb has plenty of experience in that.

Edited by DoubleDown

^ I would not go around calling people childish. This is a volatile topic and it seems we should move on.

Thanks for the advice 15 year old Henry M. What would we possibly do without your input?

Nobody called anyone childish. I'm just saying, there are people who are 21+, 31+, 41+ years old this day and age in 2017, that act like children when their feelings are hurt, and there's no reason for it, and it shouldn't be condoned as acceptable behavior.

The same way someone who is 5 minutes late on a TPR tour shouldn't be apologized to for missing his ride when 50+ other people were on time.

^ I would not go around calling people childish. This is a volatile topic and it seems we should move on.

Thanks for the advice 15 year old Henry M. What would we possibly do without your input?

Nobody called anyone childish. I'm just saying, there are people who are 21+, 31+, 41+ years old this day and age in 2017, that act like children when their feelings are hurt, and there's no reason for it, and it shouldn't be condoned as acceptable behavior.

The same way someone who is 5 minutes late on a TPR tour shouldn't be apologized to for missing his ride when 50+ other people were on time.

Implying that it's somehow the OP's fault for having these remarks said to them?? I don't get the parallel.

Did you get the Bartenders name, So that i can try not to order a beer from him when i am in the park. Just trying to do my part to help. I hope you 2 go back to the park and have a better time. I would like to hear if cedar point says anything back.

Ayy, sarcasm. I was just trying to help this topic move along, because it is not a nice one, and one which could kick off into people swearing at others and stuff and offending people.

By the way, I have seen floating around many places, this rumor for a turn around. It looks like a mini dive loop from Goliath. Is there substance behind it or is it just wishful thinking?

RMC.thumb.jpg.8153024fd569abffc8d88bde35cda3a3.jpg

No, the section of track leading up to the midcourse is almost done already. That was just a fan creation (and a rather good one) made with no inside information whatsoever. Don't start rumors based off of anything in that animation, just enjoy it for what it is.

Ok, a few things here and then we all need to move on.

- Homophobia will not be tolerated on this board AT ALL.

- Don't tell someone who's a victim to suck it up.

- Don't make excuses for someone being complacent.

- I have now heard stories like this from parks for the past two years and that annoys me. I really feel that our society is devolving and it sucks watching it happen.

- I encourage the original poster to follow up with Cedar Point, and if they don't give you a satisfactory answer that you push harder. Our friend who dealt with a similar situation at the Dollywood Hotel was given a very satisfying conclusion.

Now, can we go back to our normal CP Thread? Magnum is sinking, Iron Meanstreak will have a launch that will work slightly better than Lightning Rod, and Rain Operations Procedures are the best!

Ok, a few things here and then we all need to move on.

- Homophobia will not be tolerated on this board AT ALL.

- Don't tell someone who's a victim to suck it up.

- Don't make excuses for someone being complacent.

- I have now heard stories like this from parks for the past two years and that annoys me. I really feel that our society is devolving and it sucks watching it happen.

- I encourage the original poster to follow up with Cedar Point, and if they don't give you a satisfactory answer that you push harder. Our friend who dealt with a similar situation at the Dollywood Hotel was given a very satisfying conclusion.

Now, can we go back to our normal CP Thread? Magnum is sinking, Iron Meanstreak will have a launch that will work slightly better than Lightning Rod, and Rain Operations Procedures are the best!

Those are 5 great points and exactly what I meant in my posts, thank you Elissa.

To further discussion. Do people think this will be an inversion or an over bank?

XNtjMuk.jpg

It looks to go over the brake run entering the station - Should have some good visuals of this part while waiting in line!

***Update***

Appreciate the kind words from everyone here. I received a call from Tony Aaron, Director of Food Services, this morning, he was extremely apologetic and went above and beyond in terms of an apology and response to the situation. Cedar Point handled this with class and a true A+ in customer service. He offered to bring my boyfriend and I back for free and include fast lane and water park access. I doubt I'll be able to make it back this year due to work so he said he'd extend the invite to return to any year we can make it back. Very classy response. They identified the employee and spoke to him, and he ralyed the info that the employee felt terrible about the situation and immediately knew what he had done was a mistake.