TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I won't lie... In all my years of going to CP almost exclusively in May, I've almost never had any issues with excessive downtime of coasters, or closed coasters. Yes, there was the Wicked Twister snafu of a year ago (I think it was), and Opening Weekend is typically just NOT a great time to go. But other than that, I've found May, and early season in general to be a fantastic time to visit the park!

You're all just overlooking the fact that Mean Streak was closed the first few weeks of the season last year because nobody cared because you don't appreciate pure brilliance when you see it.

Ha ha! It's funny, because I actually DID think of Mean Streak, after first typing that, and before posting it, but decided it really WASN'T important enough to bother adding to it!

In closing, I do need to comment on the Melt pic...it really looks great! It looks like it will incorporate the "local" flavor just like the one that we visited in Mentor, Ohio outside of Cleveland, which is really cool - I LOVE the retro CP stuff!

Well what the heck, man... Why didn't you tell me you were in my neighborhood?

Holy crap!

It looks like the joke's on everyone who got there at park opening on opening day and ran to anything other than the Top Thrill Cubster gift shop to buy everything in the store.

Untitled2.jpg[/attachment]

No, really. Holy sh*t

Haha, I had a feeling this would happen. Glad to see it come true.

In closing, I do need to comment on the Melt pic...it really looks great! It looks like it will incorporate the "local" flavor just like the one that we visited in Mentor, Ohio outside of Cleveland, which is really cool - I LOVE the retro CP stuff!

Well what the heck, man... Why didn't you tell me you were in my neighborhood?

Well ya gotta let me know these things beforehand - c'mon!

064.JPG.5352409fb817a90687e4f3c42321f597.JPG

Then you're probably familiar with the chicken and waffles melt? ;-)

065.JPG.0f482d1e0bc84ce4c0e87b1e3ad8341b.JPG

Or the quirky bar decorations. I imagine the CP one will be a lot like this, but with hopefully more CP retro stuff on the walls!

I think I'll make it out to Cedar Point next Saturday.

With my touring-circumstance, and dependency on other people, it's kind of hard to tell for sure tho.

Two days ago the bolts holding back-axle sub frame snapped, which clamped the two back-tires together. We awoke from the smell of burning rubber. Our driver reacted superfast and got us off the freeway safely.

Yesterday, new bus... The tire blew up, again causing a 2-3 hour delay.

Things like this makes me anxious to order FastPass too far ahead of time.

Which leads me to my question... How far ahead of time do Fast Pass and Fast Pass + normally run out?

Or is it impossible to say for sure?

Can I just take a moment to say how much it blows my mind how RMC can figure out exactly where their track needs to go on an already existing structure?? There is definitely some CRAZY engineering going on behind the scenes that makes all this possible. In fact when I was watching RMC's raptor promo video on Vimeo recently, I spotted some really cool blueprints of Twisted Colossus that showed how RMC created their own diagram of the original structure that also showed their own centerline path going through it. Again it's insane to me how they figured all of this out. It cannot be easy to re-engineer a structure originally built to handle completely different load bearings.

As the pure roller coaster nerd that I am, I find this kind of stuff absolutely fascinating.

2118008810_ScreenShot2017-05-12at12_29_24PM.thumb.png.52284d5a6221ecd1006b663208340d2e.png

I think I'll make it out to Cedar Point next Saturday. Things like this makes me anxious to order FastPass too far ahead of time.

Which leads me to my question... How far ahead of time do Fast Pass and Fast Pass + normally run out? Or is it impossible to say for sure?

As someone who also stresses out about FP+ being sold out and other things like that, let me assure you that there is no reason whatsoever to buy FP or FP+ before you get there. We go over 4th of July every year for several days when it's absolutely packed and simply buy our wrist bands in the morning when we get in the park. Only twice have they sold out - but not until approx 1:00 PM, so you are for sure safe. CP has such crazy weather and your trip sounds like the bus ride from hell so don't spend the money until you 1) get there and 2) you know the park is open. Guarantee you'll be fine waiting until the day-of.