TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

"Be ready" is likely just stating the track work will likely be done this year, which would be smart on a construction schedule. Then all the controls/electrical/theming can follow at a more relaxed pace throughout the off-season (next year).

Remember... In the past, vertical construction has been done/complete in December/January (Gatekeeper for example). Leaving plenty of time for all the other things to be done. We still don't know the scope of this project, any new technologies being used *cough* Lightning Rod *cough*.

CP seems to like to get most vertical construction done before winter hits. I also wonder if the current pace of construction is to clear room at the RMC facility for projects going to other parks

I'll just leave this right here.....

As much as I hate the name (that's the point), I think it's fun how Cedar Point kinda went all out for it, changing the signage and trains. Class act.

You hate the name? Well then you probably will not be buying the limited edition swag for cubster that was just brought to our attention.

Screenshot_20170504-130724.thumb.png.637e8ff0a25d3ca7a349fc00f63a741d.png

^ Millennium usually stays open and maverick does sometimes. Those two are all I need.

Millie remains open in rain. Last year my sister and I rode Millennium Force (after a long wait) and it was raining hard during the ride

I have a feeling the merchandise will go very quickly, you already know it's a limited time item. Collectors will snatch them up whether they care about sports or not, Cedar Point was very smart to cash in on the opportunity to sell merchandise as I believe it will be a very easy sell for them. Hell I may even grab a shirt or something, and I HATE the Cubs, but hey I'm an Indians fan so that's to be expected.

Is anyone going to Ohio State Day today? If so, my condolences.

I have a couple friends there today. I can't believe they are even bothering.

In other news, I've been checking out the radar for tomorrow and it looks like the rain will hold off until 3 or 4 o'clock. If that holds up, should be a good day to get some rides in before the rain.

Hats off to whoever picked Blue Streak in "Rain Policy Roulette" today. Judging by the webcams it seems like every coaster in the park (though we can't see a few of them) is closed due to the rain / wind and 46 degree temperatures or some combination of the 3, the larger flat rides are closed and there's basically nobody there but Blue Streak has been running non stop. That's a new one... lol

Is anyone going to Ohio State Day today? If so, my condolences.

I forgot about Ohio State Day and what a cluster that was last year. But then again, when the weekend forecast looks like this, that alone would make me rule out any theme park visit.

Capture.JPG.55c10e49d2c167c3a00589e5ce3fe8df.JPG

Think I'll go hibernate now...wake me up when it's 75 and sunny.

I saw a good video on WKYC 3 Cleveland with Tony talking about the upcoming season, the 150 year and anniversary, Cedar Shores, and how Mean Streak is dead and if you come to the park you'll see things.