TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Does anyone know how long the drive from Canton to CP is. Google usually over or underestimates the times.

107 miles divided by the speed you plan on travelling. Of course then there is traffic...

It's pretty much anywhere from 90 minutes to 2 hours depending on the many variables that may come up along the way and which route you take.

The whole area of Breakers and CP Shores looks so much better!

And to add in a new bar along with the awesomely-named Muffleheads, I will likely be spending more time at the water park in the summer. The mango/blood orange shandy certainly sounds intriguing.

The map looks naked without that giant mass of timber sitting atop the point like a beautiful mane.

That's one of my favorite aspects of the RMC conversion. Not only will we be getting a VASTLY improved roller coaster at cedar point that will likely rearrange many people's top 10 list, but a good deal of mean streak's gorgeous and supersized wooden structure is going to be saved, and perhaps even enhanced.

It's always been one of the best-looking coasters on the planet in my opinion; I'm very glad it's not going away entirely.

Edited by Steely Dan

Cedar Point's 2017 Map has been released in the Guest Assistance Guide (last 2 pages). It has the new Mean Streak location depicted as a construction site which is kind of funny for a park map. They're all about fueling this hype train and who could blame them?

Alright TPR, let's hear it. If you are still firm with your "it'll open in 2017" view, tell me why haha.

Because I have dreams dammit and I am allowed to believe in them!

in all seriousness we are waiting until next year to make our first trip back since 14. We our going to take my mother in law. she has never been and only likes been smooth steel coasters.

FYI, track is placed for Mean Streak's zero-g. It is very large and looks similar to Iron Rattler's inversion:

The track completes the inversion on the upward incline and is nearly level at the vertical peak of the element. IRat's roll is fantastic (especially in the front when taken at greater speed), so we're looking at something really great here!

Also, Mean Streak ledgers following the inversion look to indicate the track will dive to the right and pass under the lift.

Groupon!

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-cedar-point-2

One and two day tickets ($42/$70 -- doesn't have to be consecutive). Two days even good through Haunt and in combination with CP shores on a single day, or a one day ticket through labor day. No convenience fees. Get 'em while they are hot!

Thats a great deal, now if only i could get plane tickets on groupon

The track completes the inversion on the upward incline and is nearly level at the vertical peak of the element. IRat's roll is fantastic (especially in the front when taken at greater speed), so we're looking at something really great here!

Also, Mean Streak ledgers following the inversion look to indicate the track will dive to the right and pass under the lift.

Yeah, I saw the new image as well, and it looks awesome!

an upwardly inclined zero g type inversion that levels out right at the apex of an airtime hill only to then dive down under and through the lift structure followed by an aggressively banked turn to the the right off to parts yet unknown (but likely also awesome).

I don't think we've ever seen anything quite like this element before. This thing just keeps looking better and better.

Does anyone know how long the drive from Canton to CP is. Google usually over or underestimates the times.

Did this drive last summer. Depending on if you get on the turnpike or not (I recommend the turnpike). Usually at max 2 hours. I think our trip took about an hour and a half. If you don't take the turnpike its easily two and a half hours.

...Alright TPR, let's hear it. If you are still firm with your "it'll open in 2017" view, tell me why haha.

"Soft Openings Start on Coastermania! Day, for Event Guests ONLY."

I had to. Seemed fitting.

Superb. Ever since the first RMC makeover we've all wanted it for Mean Streak. Can't wait for possibly the worst coaster in the park to become another RMC hit! This place is gunna have the greatest coaster lineup without question

Can't wait for possibly the worst coaster in the park to become another RMC hit!

Nah, they're not doing anything to Corkscrew.

Ha well...maybe this is me being weird but you know what to expect with Corkscrew. Mean Streak, its such an impressive, beautiful structure, this giant beast and it's such a dreadful ride. Ya know? I don't normally bother with corkscrew or the mine train but MS I ride every time, and am always sad lol