TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

3) I'll have the 1hr early entry both days. What ride(s) should I hit up during that time? No clue what gets the busiest there.

My last trip to CP was in May and most of the early entry coasters were having issues. If you are staying at a CP hotel, ask returning guests how early entry coasters were performing. On my last trip Maverick and Valravn were both having issues in the morning. The next morning, I got into the park by 9am, and saw that MF, and Valravn were not cycling trains yet, so I decided to do Gatekeeper first. This ended up being the right plan cause Valravn didn't open until 9:25, MF didn't open till 9:35, and Maverick didn't open until 10:20 am. I would still recommend Maverick first, but be aware that things might not be cooperating that early in the season. Oh and have a great time cause CP is amazing.

Thanks for all the good advice! Looks like the ferry for Put-in-Bay doesn't start running until late May so I'll miss that. Being from Charleston I forget that the weather isn't summer quite yet up there by early to mid-May (it's already in the 80's here most days ha) so guess many things aren't open yet since it isn't quite in-season.

I'll absolutely check out Famous Dave's BBQ. Love me some good BBQ.

I am staying on property (Breakers Express) so hopefully I can get some insight on the early entry rides. I'll definitely shoot for Maverick/MF that first day (especially since my second day is a Monday so should be less crowded than the first day so EE isn't quite as big of a deal, tho I'm still going to do it).

I don't know who is taking/leaking these pictures, but it's definitely not normal enthusiasts driving up to Cedar Point -- I just saw one floating around taken from the top of Millennium Force. And many others are taken from inside the park.

Side note - There looks to be a double-up into the first inversion

^ Yeah, it's an amazing shot. The angle looks correct to be a zoom from the top of MF, or possibly from a drone, I suppose.

Wherever it's taken from, it does seem to pretty clearly show a double-up (with what looks like some airtime potential) into some kind of inversion following the 3rd drop.

I can't wait to see what might come next. This slow reveal is so much damn fun!

My guess at this point it is Tony Clark doing it himself. The park opens for guests in a month. There is little point at this stage to not start leaking pictures. It cannot be someone working construction at the park since they have too much access. It almost has to be a full-time employee. Considering the newest picture I have seen appears to have been taken from the top of Millenium Force because you can see Skyhawk in between the camera and Mean Streak, it almost has to be someone with permission to take the photos. If you have permission to take and "leak" the photos then it might as well be done by marketing.

Why is there such a big marketing conspiracy? What exactly do you think would stop an entry level maintenance worker from going up the lift during a normal inspection/walkthrough/whatever, snapping a pic, and posting it (even anonymously) to instagram?!

Why is there such a big marketing conspiracy? What exactly do you think would stop an entry level maintenance worker from going up the lift during a normal inspection/walkthrough/whatever, snapping a pic, and posting it (even anonymously) to instagram?!

I think you're right. But I also think many people are blaming enthusiasts for being impatient and breaking Cedar Point's rules on trespassing to take pics, etc. The blame should be on these other people who have actual access to the park. But none of that will matter in a month anyway.

I'm just glad CP has acknowledged the project. Hopefully this teaser campaign can get rolling because I know the demand for these pictures would be a lot less if we had a layout/info of what was coming!

Also, as far as food goes. Exit the Marina gate, get a hand stamp and go to Famous Dave's. Sure it's outside the park but it's only a 2 minute walk from the gate so there's no time investment. Ask for a table outside. You're welcome.

I've been reading this advice for a few years now and haven't taken it yet. How fast is the service there? I just might have to finally listen to you this year.

^ It looks like there's just two desserts available for this one: Pecan Tartlet and Banana Cream Pie.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. YUM. I don't have a phone (gasp), so will probably

buy our first set of tickets, online.

Edited by Nrthwnd

My inaugural Cedar Point trip is coming up in a little over a month! Couple of questions for CP regulars:

1) I'll be in Sandusky around 1 pm the first day of my trip, not doing CP until the next two days after that. Anything else worth checking out in the area? Not really looking for anything I have to spend much money on but do want to sight see (if there's anything worth seeing). I'll have a rental car so don't mind driving a bit.

2) Any good bars/restaurants around CP (outside the park)? I don't plan on eating dinner in the parks while I'm there. Going by myself so just looking for casual places I can go sit at a bar, grab a couple of drinks and food at.

3) I'll have the 1hr early entry both days. What ride(s) should I hit up during that time? No clue what gets the busiest there.

4) Go to lunch/snack places inside the park?

Pretty psyched about the trip. Can't wait to finally check out CP!

I've only been in the "town" so I can't really answer your first two questions. But I am sure there are decent places in town. We drove outside of Cedar Point once or twice to go go-karting and mini golfing and had a pretty decent lunch for a good price but I wouldn't be able to tell you what its called.

3) Maverick is my favorite so I always hit that as many times as I can (hit it 7 times in a row in the back seat noce, without having to get off), and then get to TTD about 10 minutes early. Millenium Force actually has manageable lines throughout the day (in my experiences) and we have a giga in our own park (CW) so we always do maverick first. NEVER do the rides at the front, during early entry the liens can be sometimes longer than in the evening. In fact, Valravn at the end of the day was about 20-30 minutes but during early entry and throughout the whole day it was at least an hour and a half.

4) Most of the food is mediocre but some snacks are really good, like Aunty Annes pretzels. We used to like Chick-fil-A but that closed down.

CP is awesome and probably my favorite place on earth, even past the coasters. Try to take the time to enjoy the park and the surrounding area.

What exactly do you think would stop an entry level maintenance worker from going up the lift during a normal inspection/walkthrough/whatever, snapping a pic, and posting it (even anonymously) to instagram?!

The threat of losing a great job.

What exactly do you think would stop an entry level maintenance worker from going up the lift during a normal inspection/walkthrough/whatever, snapping a pic, and posting it (even anonymously) to instagram?!

The threat of losing a great job.

^sure, you and I might think that, but there are infinite examples of people doing dumb stuff and breaking the rules. I just think it's a far more likely scenario than marketing manipulation.

Cedar fair has an extremely strict policy on social media for employees.

I've gotten in trouble a few time for it. One example would be when I posted photos of screaming swing being removed at the beginning of the new year last year.

They take it extremely serious. If this person is an employee and get caught, they more than likely will lose their job.

There's a filter on this website that replaces a word with the bunnies comment. That word is what describes one of those storage contraptions you had in high school. Maybe you got stuffed into one. The president made some comments that many disliked and mentioned being embarrassed about his [word]room talk at the next debate.

You mean l----o----c----k----e----r? Very odd to use fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo as a replacement.

Ditto to YOLOcoaster in lieu of F----u----l----l T----h----r----o----t----t----l----e (or perhaps Full Throttel?).

Or Full Throttle works just fine.

The explanation for the l.ocker filter comes from a trip overseas where the filter really is true, mostly.

My inaugural Cedar Point trip is coming up in a little over a month! Couple of questions for CP regulars:

1) I'll be in Sandusky around 1 pm the first day of my trip, not doing CP until the next two days after that. Anything else worth checking out in the area? Not really looking for anything I have to spend much money on but do want to sight see (if there's anything worth seeing). I'll have a rental car so don't mind driving a bit.

2) Any good bars/restaurants around CP (outside the park)? I don't plan on eating dinner in the parks while I'm there. Going by myself so just looking for casual places I can go sit at a bar, grab a couple of drinks and food at.

4) Go to lunch/snack places inside the park?

Pretty psyched about the trip. Can't wait to finally check out CP!

I go to the RNR HOF every time I'm in the area...

rnrhof.jpg.86a92060297f8859b0881ad0fea7f46d.jpg

I've only been in the "town" so I can't really answer your first two questions. But I am sure there are decent places in town. We drove outside of Cedar Point once or twice to go go-karting and mini golfing and had a pretty decent lunch for a good price but I wouldn't be able to tell you what its called.

3) Maverick is my favorite so I always hit that as many times as I can (hit it 7 times in a row in the back seat noce, without having to get off), and then get to TTD about 10 minutes early. Millenium Force actually has manageable lines throughout the day (in my experiences) and we have a giga in our own park (CW) so we always do maverick first. NEVER do the rides at the front, during early entry the liens can be sometimes longer than in the evening. In fact, Valravn at the end of the day was about 20-30 minutes but during early entry and throughout the whole day it was at least an hour and a half.

4) Most of the food is mediocre but some snacks are really good, like Aunty Annes pretzels. We used to like Chick-fil-A but that closed down.

CP is awesome and probably my favorite place on earth, even past the coasters. Try to take the time to enjoy the park and the surrounding area.

Yeah Carowinds is my home park and I've been on Fury quite a bit (love it) so I want to hit up other coaster styles that I don't get to as much first. I'll definitely still ride MF of course (as many times as I can), but Maverick, TTD and others like that are tops on my list. How does MF compare to Fury and other Gigas? Similar speed-demon style or different?