TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

[...] No one has any idea what this ride will be like or what features it will have, yet there are people acting like they know what this ride will be. [...]

I learned the hard way about 15 years ago not to talk about what was coming even if I knew what was coming. I'm sure that the people who know aren't going to tell you they know. In fact, those people enjoy speculation more than anyone else.

Man, I wish I was one of those people because I would be having the time of my life right now!

Can someone explain to me what the April Fools angle on this is? Not much information is given and we already know RMC mean streak is coming some time probably in the next two years, so what out of this video is a joke/misleading?

We have... 6 pages and counting of arguing and discussion over two words. Two words. And since they released this on April Fools there's the fact that we don't even know if those two words even matter, so this arguing is more than likely useless and they're in their offices laughing their a$$es off as all good pranksters should do on April Fools Day.

I thought the endless speculatory conspiracy theory talk on Twitter/Facebook was bad enough, but god help us all if it carries over to every aspect of modern life.

#FAKENEWS

or.... #alternativefacts??

It's mostly the fact that the extraneous structure across from the outerbanked hill looks like it would support something very similar to this. And the structure that follows that element is for two parallel low airtime hills. You could imagine there's just going to be a turnaround and it's going to go through those sections the other way, but you'd usually see diminishing heights in elements in that case, and I don't imagine the outerbank is going to be taken extremely fast in the first place. There's also more odd structure and wide beams across what's built so far. There's some bizzareness to the structure as it stands, and dueling elements explains it pretty well.

Can someone explain to me what the April Fools angle on this is? Not much information is given and we already know RMC mean streak is coming some time probably in the next two years' date=' so what out of this video is a joke/misleading?[/quote']

We have... 6 pages and counting of arguing and discussion over two words. Two words. And since they released this on April Fools there's the fact that we don't even know if those two words even matter, so this arguing is more than likely useless and they're in their offices laughing their a$$es off as all good pranksters should do on April Fools Day.

Screenshot1.jpg.9a8f4f3d0dc5d44d408bd41e308608fa.jpg

Can someone explain to me what the April Fools angle on this is? Not much information is given and we already know RMC mean streak is coming some time probably in the next two years, so what out of this video is a joke/misleading?

This sums it up really well. Cedar Point's marketing team really didn't have much work to do for the RMC Mean Streak, they just put one video out and the ride has been promoting itself (and has been since Sep 18.)

On a side note, Jason McClure posted some park pictures on Twitter.

de7a0a9c9c6912ef36a0ab6fa5d9d4df.jpg4137cdd1c2cf67829579d27522476383.jpgf1f8e94d44b4f39c0c0afa7895d412fb.jpg4ee86f31d482b32abcfd2dd7f0f35f77.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by liamre4

There you go! The first picture is of a post, signaling us to look into his post. His post reads, "Quiet now. Not for long." The first phrase has two words, the second phrase has three words, so we must look at the second and third pictures.

Second picture has Pipe Scream, which is slated as a coaster, and it looks like one part of the coaster will swoop over another part of the coaster. Not a big deal. But then we look to the THIRD picture!!!!

Two coaster humps visible in the back!!! The words on either side, DIVE IN, DRIVE IN!! If you go back to the Pipe Scream photo, now it is CONFIRMED!! DUELING COASTERS, one that will drive in while the other will DIVE over ZOMG!!!

Where do people see a dual-width structure, other than the top of the 2nd turn? The rest of the structure is still only single-width.

The top hat track is slightly cantilevered inside the structure, which extends pretty far outside and slightly upward. There's some new wood and pretty wide beams in the following valley too. The ride could definitely be coming back for adjacent runs in spots but you usually get a setup like this in that case, to get back to that spot and climb to the same elevation would be odd unless it was tearing through the outerbank at very high speeds. The extra structure could be for themeing elements or something too, I'm just saying that the structure is odd and it's one possible explanation for it.

What if, and only an IF, this is a lift and a mid launch, the launch syncs up with the left and they duel that way? Kind of like Twisted Colossus, except not two lifts but a lift and a launch? Again, this is only an "IF."

The launch could hold if needed to sync up with the lift so all the duel elements were perfect. I don't see this ride having two lifts.

Also, because I can't miss this opportunity (engage sarcastic tone) "listen to the end of the video, there is the sound of a coster launching, not a lift sound or rushing coaster. LAUNCH CONFIRMED!"

I don't think there is going to be any dualing aspect to this coaster. They would have put the ledgers up already for a second track (example outward bank turn) and the extra wood is just from the old structure. I don't see a way that they could make this coaster like Colossus, definitely just a traditional coaster.

Is one part of a ride not allowed to be adjacent to another part of a ride without being on separate tracks? If the dual-width structure is there, maybe two parts of the same track running parallel? I know it's a stretch, parallel track would be unprecedented.

And then there's YOLOCoaster...

I don't think there is going to be any dualing aspect to this coaster

Oh, FFS!!!!!!

DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELINGDUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING DUELING

Edited by robbalvey

I don't see this becoming a dueling coaster. A) there's only one lift, and the drop doesn't really look wide enough yet for a second drop. B) they probably would have already put ledgers down for a second track since they were worked on that area already. Why would RMC move all the equipment all the way back through the course and climb up there to work on a second track when they already worked in that area a while ago?

IIRC, both sides of Twisted Colossus were built at the same time.

This "dueling" speculation is REALLY stretching it.

Since fluffy, fluffy bunnies are stuffed with medicine and goo, what are fluffy fluffy snakes stuffed with?

Corn

Aaaaannnnnd if this were a TPR Tour, someone would already be asking if there were any grain free options.