TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

The video didn't really say enough to be an April fools joke.
2. Anyone who doesn't think this is an April Fool's joke is not very smart. I realize that applies to a few people in this thread. Just putting that out there.

You're an idiot. Please leave our forums so it can be made smarter for the rest of us. Thanks.

I've heard rumors that this is a $30 million project. If that is the case, a dueling coaster could make sense.

I think a dueling coaster is such a neat idea, especially for Mean Steak. Good guys vs. bad guys would be such a fun idea to play around with.

You probably also guessed a drop track would be in Mystic Timbers' shed.

All of these 'No Limits' sandbox games are really starting to f*** with realistic perspective.

2. Anyone who doesn't think this is an April Fool's joke is not very smart. I realize that applies to a few people in this thread. Just putting that out there.

You're an idiot. Please leave our forums so it can be made smarter for the rest of us. Thanks.

Okay Robb. You run a good site and it's yours. I apologize that I didn't see the April fools angle to that video.

I've heard rumors that this is a $30 million project. If that is the case, a dueling coaster could make sense.

I think a dueling coaster is such a neat idea, especially for Mean Steak. Good guys vs. bad guys would be such a fun idea to play around with.

You probably also guessed a drop track would be in Mystic Timbers' shed.

All of these 'No Limits' sandbox games are really starting to f*** with realistic perspective.

All I did was entertain the idea of the ride dueling. Review my post again. I referred to it as "a neat idea" and "could make sense". I didn't say it was probable or realistic. I just said that it was a fun idea. I don't think anyone on this forum would argue that it's impossible. But I'm sorry that the way I entertained the idea wasn't realistic enough for you.

And for the record, I was against the MT drop track idea since day one.

Okay Robb. You run a good site and it's yours. I apologize that I didn't see the April fools angle to that video.

Even though I literally pointed it out right before your post on the topic, and then again right after your post... Just sayin'...

Believe me, I'd love a dueling RMC as much as the next guy. But the timing of this video had enthusiast bait written ALL over it!

I don't get why people can't speculate on this site without their ideas getting shot down so badly. No one has any idea what this ride will be like or what features it will have, yet there are people acting like they know what this ride will be. I also don't think this will be a dueling coaster, but we have no evidence proving that it won't be. I don't understand why people get so angry at those giving ideas as to what this features this new ride may have when the only information that we have of this ride's layout and features are minimal photos of uncompleted elements. This is going to be a very long teaser campaign leading up to the announcement if every teaser turns into argument.

*end rant*

I don't get why people can't speculate on this site without their ideas getting shot down so badly.

There's a HUGE difference between "speculating" and being so stupid that it makes your brain hurt. Having said that, no one is forcing you to be here. Last I checked no one was holding a gun to your head forcing you to read our forums or to be bitchy about them if you didn't happen to like something you saw...

Or wait...

Crap...

Maybe someone *IS* holding a gun to your head and forcing you to read our forums?!?!?

Ok, listen...

Stay calm...

Next time you can get to a keyboard without the gunman seeing...

TELL US WHERE YOU'RE AT!!!

We'll send for help!!!!

The last thing we want is for someone to have to endure TPR if they don't want to or don't like what they read. We'll free you of this burden!

DOWN WITH THE GUNMAN!!!!!!

If the whole... "They're coming." thing means ANYTHING... I think it is just Cedar Point's way of saying there are more teasers coming...

"They're coming..." as in there are more teasers coming. . . Sure, "they're" and "there" isn't the same thing, but that's about all I think we can take away from this video. . .

... Now that's a stretch

If the whole... "They're coming." thing means ANYTHING... I think it is just Cedar Point's way of saying there are more teasers coming...

"They're coming..." as in there are more teasers coming. . . Sure, "they're" and "there" isn't the same thing, but that's about all I think we can take away from this video. . .

... Now that's a stretch

So Cedar Point is teasing teasers? That's almost as bad as when they had an announcement of an announcement!

I don't get why people can't speculate on this site without their ideas getting shot down so badly.

There's a HUGE difference between "speculating" and being so stupid that it makes your brain hurt. Having said that, no one is forcing you to be here. Last I checked no one was holding a gun to your head forcing you to read our forums or to be bitchy about them if you didn't happen to like something you saw...

Or wait...

Crap...

Maybe someone *IS* holding a gun to your head and forcing you to read our forums?!?!?

Ok, listen...

Stay calm...

Next time you can get to a keyboard without the gunman seeing...

TELL US WHERE YOU'RE AT!!!

We'll send for help!!!!

The last thing we want is for someone to have to endure TPR if they don't want to or don't like what they read. We'll free you of this burden!

DOWN WITH THE GUNMAN!!!!!!

And post of the day goes to...

... Now that's a stretch

So Cedar Point is teasing teasers? That's almost as bad as when they had an announcement of an announcement!

This is Tony on April Fool's Day so I don't suspect too much fine print. But at least now we have some official RMC Streak photos to drool over. All aboard the hype train!

32280924ab18972bd335c22fe7cd7b899f510a82.jpg.gif.b45a95f5adf1f3793df1984d798b1cbf.gif

Toot Toot!

[...] No one has any idea what this ride will be like or what features it will have, yet there are people acting like they know what this ride will be. [...]

I learned the hard way about 15 years ago not to talk about what was coming even if I knew what was coming. I'm sure that the people who know aren't going to tell you they know. In fact, those people enjoy speculation more than anyone else.

Wouldnt they have to make the structure twice as wide to be able to support a dueling coaster and add a lot of extra structure to support the load? I feel making a regular coaster into a dueling coaster would be more work and money then it would be worth.

Most of the structure is 2-wide or even 3 (partially inside the structure), but at different levels so the dueling idea does make some sense. But it all has to be one coaster to be the greatest and I would hope there won't be a second, pacing-killing lift hill. Perhaps interaction between trains where they just happen to come together (e.g. Olympia Looping vs. Twisted Colossus).

I heard a name on TV last night .. Bad Hombres

Can someone explain to me what the April Fools angle on this is? Not much information is given and we already know RMC mean streak is coming some time probably in the next two years, so what out of this video is a joke/misleading?

Deleted

Edited by liamre4

And Robb has a VERY strong opinion on this!

Oh, my opinion means nothing because I personally don't care. I have actually heard that this will be a dueling coaster and we should start to see the 2nd lift hill go up any day now. Why do you think they are being so secretive about it?

Then again, I could just be messing with you all.

Or am I?