TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Based on that teaser, I'm still betting this ride will be themed to Wild West rangers or sheriffs, the "law-abiding protectors of the frontier", here to take down the outlaw that's taken over the place (Maverick), and show the people who really runs Frontiertown. AKA one giant metaphor to show park goers which coaster really rules over the rest at Cedar Point.

You know in a lot of the leaked photos on the internet, I thought I spotted a drone. The pictures were too poor to really tell, but still how cool is it to see some legit footage released by the park this time around!

Yea one of the leaked photos had some black object in the sky, probably a commercial six-propeller drone they used to film this. Which is why I thought it was Tony Clark with that twitter account...

I am glad to see CP finally tease the Mean Streak project, but I agree with a previous poster that this will probably be boiled down to an "April Fools" joke with how the park has been about the project from the start.

Maybe the "April Fools Joke", is the fact that the music is called "Duel at High Noon", and the plural use of "They're Coming", is sure to whip up the enthusiast community into a frenzy over this being a dueling RMC coaster!

"They're coming." "Duel at High Noon" music. "Mean Streak loses showdown." I think the hints show this coaster will duel with itself or will be two coasters. I'd like two please. One with a lift and airtime and the other with a launch and inversions. We could find out once and for all which is more popular. I guess this all could mean there is something plural in the name and theming but today I'm feeling like a glass is half full kind of guy. I would expect this is the start of a series of teasing clues leading to the announcement like Holiday World did.

I've heard rumors that this is a $30 million project. If that is the case, a dueling coaster could make sense.

I think a dueling coaster is such a neat idea, especially for Mean Steak. Good guys vs. bad guys would be such a fun idea to play around with.

Edited by WOFanatic

... after all this mention of dueling, am I the only one who now sees all of the extra supports left up, especially on the opposite side of the crazy outward-banked hill, which could potentially be used so both trains could "high-five" towards eachother in the middle? (6 second mark, essentially where the camera is would be where more track is)...

...either that or all of this new teasing is rotting my brain and making me see things that aren't actually there...

Probably the later.

Also 2018 is the 40th anniversary of Gemini! Take THAT all of you ruiners of park anniversaries!

Edited by anonymouscactus

It looks like the ride has unusually wide beams across the structure, and there seems to be extra supports on other spots too. It's looking like a mobius racer to me now (maybe with a launch on the MCBR structure instead of a second lift to sync them up?)

I've heard rumors that this is a $30 million project. If that is the case, a dualing coaster could make sense.

I think a dualing coaster is such a neat idea, especially for Mean Steak. Good guys vs. bad guys would be such a fun idea to play around with.

Two things:

1. It's dueling. dUEling. Please everyone stop misspelling that. You're killing me!

2. Anyone who doesn't think this is an April Fool's joke is not very smart. I realize that applies to a few people in this thread. Just putting that out there.

If the whole... "They're coming." thing means ANYTHING... I think it is just Cedar Point's way of saying there are more teasers coming...

"They're coming..." as in there are more teasers coming. . . Sure, "they're" and "there" isn't the same thing, but that's about all I think we can take away from this video. . .

I've heard rumors that this is a $30 million project. If that is the case, a dualing coaster could make sense.

I think a dualing coaster is such a neat idea, especially for Mean Steak. Good guys vs. bad guys would be such a fun idea to play around with.

Two things:

1. It's dueling. dUEling. Please everyone stop misspelling that. You're killing me!

2. Anyone who doesn't think this is an April Fool's joke is not very smart. I realize that applies to a few people in this thread. Just putting that out there.

Hey nothing wrong with irrational speculation based on the single shred of acknowledgment cedar point makes on a day notorious for purposely spreading intentionally misleading information right?

...And I totally didn't fall for it myself right?...

Two things:

I sincerely don't think the video is hinting at anything, I was just entertaining the thought since it was being brought up so much in the forum. And I fixed the spelling...thanks Robb!

The video didn't really say enough to be an April fools joke. In 5 months when they announce are they going to say, "We said 'they' but it was April 1st and it didn't mean anything?" I don't get it. And I'm a little smart. I've been tested.

I still think this is the start of a series of teasers and clues till the announcement like Holiday World did with the journal.

The video didn't really say enough to be an April fools joke. In 5 months when they announce are they going to say, "We said 'they' but it was April 1st and it didn't mean anything?" I don't get it. And I'm a little smart. I've been tested.

I still think this is the start of a series of teasers and clues till the announcement like Holiday World did with the journal.

I think "They're" was there to simply play into the theme of outlaws rolling into town or something. I don't even think misguiding or fooling fans was Tony's intention.

I'll put it this way: Cedar Point trolls their fans 365 days a year. If they wanted to trick the community into thinking Mean Streak would be a dueling RMC in 2018, they wouldn't do it on April Fools Day. Tony is a better troll than that.

Edited by WOFanatic

The mean streak update twitter account has been pretty coy, assuming it's park PR. It had the 'their' thing and has pointed out the extra supports on the outer bank turn (and the MCBR). The outer banked turn and the wood facing it looks basically like an extended high five already, and TC is the only RMC to use this many of these super wide beams for support. Some video was showing side-by-side airtime hills following the outer bank too. Seems like a possibility to me. A "Showdown" theme would be an easy fit for frontierland.

If the whole... "They're coming." thing means ANYTHING... I think it is just Cedar Point's way of saying there are more teasers coming...

"They're coming..." as in there are more teasers coming. . . Sure, "they're" and "there" isn't the same thing, but that's about all I think we can take away from this video. . .

Absolutely agree with this.

"Hey we are gonna acknowledge the ride but we aren't gonna give any more teasers... yet."