TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

What's crazy is pizza is ridiculously simple to make. And generally like sex - even bad pizza is still good. Yet all I ever hear is how awful the pizza is at every park.

Personally I eat pizza constantly, but never even bother with it @ parks unless I'm in Wildwood of course but that pizza is not even from Morey's and its the best pizza on the planet.

What's crazy is pizza is ridiculously simple to make. And generally like sex - even bad pizza is still good. Yet all I ever hear is how awful the pizza is at every park.

Personally I eat pizza constantly, but never even bother with it @ parks unless I'm in Wildwood of course but that pizza is not even from Morey's and its the best pizza on the planet.

Bad pizza is just food, with a few worse exceptions. But really good pizza is so divine it makes bad and so-so pizza blasphemous.

I had the experience of asking for least undercooked piece and being told "OK you can have the burnt piece". Alchemy happens in cooking. Toppings, although certainly can be delicious, are overrated in importance and if they interfere in any way with the primary 3 ingredients should not be used (e.g. wet veggies). Really good pizza is worth passing by Panda Express or good BBQ, while even merely OK pizza is not even close.

As to Wildwood pizza, I did enjoy it the last time I had it, probably Mack's. But it is still strange, and the way every pizza on the boardwalk looks identical (at least compared to everywhere else) is bizarre.

Toppings, although certainly can be delicious, are overrated in importance and if they interfere in any way with the primary 3 ingredients should not be used

Here's where you lost me. Pizza is only pizza if it has the kitchen sink thrown onto it. Otherwise, it's simply glorified, expensive cheese bread.

I was obsessively looking at Cedar Point pictures and came across the parcel record for Cedar Point on the Erie County auditor website.

http://erie.iviewtaxmaps.com//Data.aspx?ParcelID=55-00076.000

Click on the pictometry tab and there is some really high-quality and historic satellite imagery of Cedar Point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI everybody, Mean Streak's first inversion is starting formation...

The steel ledgers for the next element are being constructed and show that it will be some type of inversion (Stall?, Zero-G? Dive Loop?). This is being constructed on the entrance to the turn above the lift (the same path the old Mean Streak took).

I've had it a few times; very mediocre pizza in my opinion.

Let me just say that it's no coincidence that the people in this thread from places like Cininnati and Jacksonville think Cedar Fair makes good pizza while people from Chicago and New York (hi) are less than impressed.

in just about 2 months, we're gonna be spending 3+ days at CP.

I'm gonna eat at many places, including, I'm sure, that buffet place.

and I expect my only complaint (me being from Texas and all) is going to be about the Bar-B-Que from BBQ and Brews the night we're doing it.

I'm gonna eat at many places, including, I'm sure, that buffet place.

Okay, but don't say I didn't warn you.

we'll do that on Sat, since Sunday is a "lay around Breakers and relax" day. . so if we get the craps, we're close to toilets

Let me just say that it's no coincidence that the people in this thread from places like Cininnati and Jacksonville think Cedar Fair makes good pizza while people from Chicago and New York (hi) are less than impressed.

Huh, then I guess there's no way a pizza joint from a place like Jacksonville/St. Augustine would ever make a (probably not accurate but it still exists so whatever) Top 10 in America list? must be a coincidence

Back on track here, LaRossa's is solid and so are the new waterpark additions at Cedar Point. I love the little kids slides that parks are putting in, Wild Adventures' expansion this year also has a small little kids section with the small slides. These things are perfect for kids under like 5. As much as I love a gigantic play structure with the dump bucket and slides and stuff you'd be surprised how intimidating those can be to little kids.

then I guess there's no way a pizza joint from a place like Jacksonville/St. Augustine would ever make a (probably not accurate but it still exists so whatever) Top 10 in America list?

Of course there's a way a pizza joint from Jacksonville would make a "probably not accurate" Top 10 in America list.

Huh, then I guess there's no way a pizza joint from a place like Jacksonville/St. Augustine would ever make a (probably not accurate but it still exists so whatever) Top 10 in America list? must be a coincidence.

That list is clearly a conspiracy made up by FAKE NEWS pushing their PIZZA AGENDA, and everyone knows it. Sad!

To be honest, I had a pizza slice at CP's Pizza Patio in between Raptor and the Antique Cars one time and it was actually pretty good! Maybe I just hit it at the right time and got a fresh slice, but it was actually pretty damned tasty for park pizza. Take into account that this was many moons ago so things may have changed for the worse since that time.

Other places where I have had a decent slice: Knoebels (Cesari's obviously), Kings Island (LaRosa's), DelGrossos & KD (Victoria Gardens).

We sure do have a lot of good pizza here in Chicago. And not just freaking Lou Malnati's and Gino's. That's yuppie tourist fodder. Most of the best pizza is those corner/neighborhood places, mom and pop places…

The best thing about the pizza at Knoebels is that it's at Knoebels. It's usually good, cause I'm usually starving by the time I get to it.

I do remember the pizza at Kings Island being good years ago. Is it still good?

Since this is the Cedar point thread, I know the employee cafeteria and rec center (RIP) used to have great pizza and other greasy food. Homemade shakes… but I haven't worked there since 93 so I don't know what it's like now.

We sure do have a lot of good pizza here in Chicago. And not just freaking Lou Malnati's and Gino's. That's yuppie tourist fodder. Most of the best pizza is those corner/neighborhood places, mom and pop places… no

Lou Malnati's is brilliant pizza, though.

Hoping the next element on Mean Streak is some sort of stall, but I'll take even more airtime in all shapes and sizes.

Cedar Point Shores continues to take shape! (credit to @JasonMcClure)

I may be in the minority here... But those trap door slides that drop you a very short distance into a bunch of turns does nothing for me. I prefer the trap door slides like Deep Water Dive or Dive Bomber.

Eh, regardless of how I feel about these slides, it's nice to see Cedar Point Shores getting some new slides!

I am actually from Chicago. Yes Chicago Pizza is superior but I have come to like Larosas because it is different.

Sorry to derail the pizza discussion but there were some really cool pictures here.

I was obsessively looking at Cedar Point pictures and came across the parcel record for Cedar Point on the Erie County auditor website.

http://erie.iviewtaxmaps.com//Data.aspx?ParcelID=55-00076.000

Click on the pictometry tab and there is some really high-quality and historic satellite imagery of Cedar Point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is one when Maverick still had the barrel roll. Thought it was interesting!

Maverick.thumb.png.066939bb5806594c99cab4295fd99226.png

Now back to your regularly scheduled pizza programming.