TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^ I meant in terms of riding them after the discussion a few pages back. Not saying it was good, just remembered it because it seemed a strange thing to have after the first drop. I'm obviously not going to talk about every single wild mouse and launched coaster I have been on.

But doesn't CP call Pipe Scream a roller coaster?

Speaking of Pipe Scream, do they run it on a different program during Halloweekends? It was spinning fast as heck..

I know it's not a coaster, but who cares, that ride is fun as heck. Got some serious spinnage out of it in September as well! Dunno if it's a different program or not, but ended up riding it three times back to back and got gloriously dizzy. Would love to see more of these models around instead of the typical U-shaped Disko variety.

Has anyone else heard the rumor that RMC may be coming up with a new train design for their Iron Horse coasters? I heard (probably not the most reliable source) that is one of the reasons they're waiting until 2018 for New Mean Schnitzel. Something more comfortable perhaps?

Maybe they will have larger seats, and raise the height requirement to the B&M level of 54"?

Something more comfortable perhaps?

Maybe they will have larger seats, and raise the height requirement to the B&M level of 54"?

Wait, has this been a complaint? The RMC trains are great already.

^They're definitely tighter than anything CP currently has. You are really wedged in there if you are a full-size adult or perhaps a little "bigger boned," or otherwise. That crotch thing can also do a number on a guys' goods here and there. Slap right on that hard plastic.

Last summer, my 10 year old cousin and I were riding the back seat of Goliath at Great America... I was so jealous! He had a nice gap even with the lap bar down as far as it would go.

I'm sure plenty of RMC fanboys are fine with the seats, but for many, they are a little tight. And I'm not just referring to overweight folks. Seems like they were designed for the approximate shape and size of Alan Shilke.

The only complaint I have with RMC trains, is that at 6'4" they are very tight in the leg area. And those damn shin bars don't help any. . . But that's the price we pay for the excellence of an RMC!!

New trains, old trains?? It doesn't matter. New Mean Streak is going to be amazing!!! Already planning our vacation up there for next summer!!!

^They're definitely tighter than anything CP currently has.

For the most part this is true, but I still think Wicked Twister has the most ridiculously restrictive restraints of any coaster I've ridden. They're not a problem for me since I could blow away in a swift wind, but I've seen a lot of people have to squeeze into it or have to take the walk of shame who you would never think would have an issue fitting on a coaster.

Back in my former obese life, I was pushing 240 pounds (and only 5'-9" tall) and I was still able to fit on Wicked Twister. It was a bit of a squeeze, but no walk of shame for me.

I've since "slimmed down" to 185 pounds, and while I found the fit on the RMC trains on SFGAm's Goliath a bit snug, it was still very tolerable for me. Just about any leg/lower torso snugness (within reason) is worth it to me to avoid OTSRs.

^They're definitely tighter than anything CP currently has. You are really wedged in there if you are a full-size adult or perhaps a little "bigger boned," or otherwise. That crotch thing can also do a number on a guys' goods here and there. Slap right on that hard plastic.

Haha the crotch thing happened to one of my friends on Goliath last year. He liked the ride, but he suffered enough in that short ride that he was glad it wasn't any longer. I didn't believe him at first because the seats fit my 6', 155 lb frame perfectly. They're a little tight around my legs & ankles, but still comfortable to me.

The most recent pic released on the official unofficial Mean Streak twitter account teases that possibly something interesting is gonna be done with the MCBR.

My mind wonders what RMC might do with it. Any ideas?

Or maybe it will just remain a MCBR.

The element by element slow-reveal of this ride is gonna be so much damn fun over the coming months. I'm loving the game thus far!

Edited by Steely Dan

... Or maybe it will just remain a MCBR.

I'm betting it stays a MCBR, but it will probably fly through it without slowing down... New Texas Giant style!

Also, in one of the newer photos you can clearly see a drone flying over the Construction site. I'm betting CP is already shooting some great construction footage for whenever they do announce this coaster. Maybe it's for some great before and after shots??

Has anyone else heard the rumor that RMC may be coming up with a new train design for their Iron Horse coasters? I heard (probably not the most reliable source) that is one of the reasons they're waiting until 2018 for New Mean Schnitzel. Something more comfortable perhaps?

I recently watched a rumor video where the guy swore he had a good source that New Mean Streak will be using Gerstlauer trains. He also swore that it would be opening in Fall 2017 but I think that was mainly his opinion and not the supposed "source."

... Or maybe it will just remain a MCBR.

I'm betting it stays a MCBR, but it will probably fly through it without slowing down... New Texas Giant style!

Also, in one of the newer photos you can clearly see a drone flying over the Construction site. I'm betting CP is already shooting some great construction footage for whenever they do announce this coaster. Maybe it's for some great before and after shots??

Interlocking MCBRs

I recently watched a rumor video where the guy swore he had a good source that New Mean Streak will be using Gerstlauer trains. He also swore that it would be opening in Fall 2017 but I think that was mainly his opinion and not the supposed "source."

Unless they are planning on having "preview" rides during the fall, it would be a terrible idea. It's already the worst season for staffing vs business levels. Adding a new ride at the time could just cause unnecessary dissatisfaction from the guests' perspective.

"It's interesting how their is wood higher than the track on this turn."

It's kind of starting to look like one of my RMC coasters in Planet Coaster, just obviously not as spread apart. A banked turn and an outward banked turn on the same structure maybe ?

IMG_4734.thumb.JPG.6ce1f91bfbf8934e6bc658b6ee198fba.JPG