TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I'll still go with my old thought... straight track is underrated. RMC rides are constantly changing directions, which is a hallmark of their rides. That is fun, but mixing it up a little bit is fun to.

More straight track! Perfectly flat, just for 100' or so.

Yeah, couldn't agree more! RMC drops are great, but don't hold a flame to amazing Japanese Jet Coasters

You must have been a big fan of Boblo's Skystreak and its unusual "low flat" element.

Check it out below at 1:23

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I only went to Boblo once as a kid ages ago. I don't remember the ""low flat" being anything special; pretty anti-climactic, actually.

I'm thinking of the flat sections on Apollo's, Magnum, Millennium, Raven, Demon... but if some wanna run with the sarcasm that's ok too. I can handle it. The flat sections on the Beast would be nice too if there weren't so many of them... and the ride was fast like it used to be

Variety is nice, as is a change in pace. But just my 2 cents.

^^ ...and relocated to Mexico, where it's still running as...

Titan

Selva Mágica (Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico)

2144648012_ResizeofIMG_1885.JPG.d10b9b7b783cd96b663516c81e8a288a.JPG

TPR on Titan in Selva Magica Park, Mexico.

141942233_ResizeofIMG_1886.JPG.bf1c39b8fb4c369ebc726909c30b628f.JPG

That 100' "flat element."

139797771_ResizeofIMG_1887.JPG.5c9f40eb4b4124fe018d64979e668bf5.JPG

Whee!!! TPR 2013 Mexico Tour.

Edited by Nrthwnd

The flat sections on the Beast would be nice too if there weren't so many of them...

There aren't too many for me. The straight flat sections of speed on Beast are what makes it so fun for Emily and I, since we usually aren't fans of typical wooden rib cage jostling coasters.

As far as straight sections of track on other coasters, just keep it to yourself. You'll upset the nerds with commends like that.

You must have been a big fan of Boblo's Skystreak and its unusual "low flat" element.

Check it out below at 1:23

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I only went to Boblo once as a kid ages ago. I don't remember the ""low flat" being anything special; pretty anti-climactic, actually.

My first coaster, right there !

Cedar Point should build a japanese-style jet coaster that travels through the park, possibly over a midway. They could market it as a Scenic Railway and anger coaster enthusiasts and intrigue normal people.

#CP2020 right? Interlocking helix

giphy.gif

So, that Twitter account that showed up about a week ago seems to have access to high res photos from inside the park. Would it surprise anyone if these were "officially" leaked?

Not at all really.

Seriously though watch it be Tony in disguise, and if it is, it might be the most genius marketing approach ever, at least to enthusiasts lol.

^Six Flags would designate it a coaster.

I fixed that for you, sir.

Absolutely! But doesn't CP call Pipe Scream a roller coaster?

Speaking of Pipe Scream, do they run it on a different program during Halloweekends? It was spinning fast as heck..