TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

And um guys, the park opens in like 2 months. You'll be able to see all the mean Streak you want in person then.

Isn't the park going to have to announce it then? It seems assinine to not be upfront about what they're doing when there's thousands of people filing by every day. They don't necessarily have to reveal the whole layout, and they can still build anticipation by not doing that, but how can they not say RMC is revamping the old Mean Streak structure into a hybrid?

And um guys, the park opens in like 2 months. You'll be able to see all the mean Streak you want in person then.

Isn't the park going to have to announce it then? It seems assinine to not be upfront about what they're doing when there's thousands of people filing by every day. They don't necessarily have to reveal the whole layout, and they can still build anticipation by not doing that, but how can they not say RMC is revamping the old Mean Streak structure into a hybrid?

Top Thrill Dragster would like to have a word with you.

Top Thrill Dragster would like to have a word with you.

But seriously though, I'm sure the park will have a good plan for marketing the coaster. With Cedar Point Shores opening this year, I don't think we'll see an announcement anytime soon (or at least until mid-late summer). That's fine with me, it will just build more excitement and anticipation!

Not saying much has worked out fairly well for the park to this point, I'd say.

Both Maverick and Top Thrill Dragster were nearly complete before they were announced. Building a ride and not announcing it is nothing new.

Much like Dragster I fully expect them to ride the hype train - everyone is talking about Cedar Point in the coaster world. The general public will be taking notice once the park opens. As long as people are talking there is no reason to rush to announce. The park has gone on record saying Dragster was going to be announced much earlier but there was so much buzz and news coverage without an announcement they held off.

Heres a new construction pic for you!

[attachment=0]2017-3-11.jpg[/attachment]

Slide pieces look to be ready to installed soon as they are waiting on the concrete.

Wow, It's been awhile since I've looked at the webcams. They are making good progress on the Breakers new wing (I assume that's what it is, right?) Also, glad to see they are making some upgrades to the waterpark here, always thought it was one of the worst in the chain of those I've been to.

Coastermania Tickets on sale now at their website. Get 'um while they're hot! I got mine.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/play/events/coastermania

Bert and I got ours too, this morning!

Got mine! We'll need a TPR meetup!

Simple. Wear a TPR t-shirt that morning, and we'll find each other. Easy!

(And if you don't have a TPR shirt of any kind/type.....why not?)

Heres a new construction pic for you!

[attachment=0]2017-3-11.jpg[/attachment]

Slide pieces look to be ready to installed soon as they are waiting on the concrete.

It looks so different, but it will be such a welcome addition to the water park...count me in as one of the ones that is psyched for this revamp.

Also put me in the camp as one of the folks that has been remaining patient for the MS announcement. The only photos that I have seen thus far have been the legal ones posted on here - and I'm cool with that.

Really stoked for the announcement!

Both Maverick and Top Thrill Dragster were nearly complete before they were announced. Building a ride and not announcing it is nothing new.

Much like Dragster I fully expect them to ride the hype train - everyone is talking about Cedar Point in the coaster world. The general public will be taking notice once the park opens. As long as people are talking there is no reason to rush to announce. The park has gone on record saying Dragster was going to be announced much earlier but there was so much buzz and news coverage without an announcement they held off.

I see you haven't left the first stage of grief yet: denial.

I think acceptance should have kicked in for everyone when even Screamscape is having doubts of it coming in 2017.

With the leaks with Gatekeeper and Valravn I feel like this is Cedar Point saying, "see we can keep things secret if we want to, we'll even build it right in front of your face and still keep it under wraps!"

Looking forward to the announcement.

So will RMC Streak open when Kings Dominion gets that launched flying coaster screamscape talked about?

personal attacks aren't how you handle opposing views

A launched flying coaster sounds painful. Thank god we're getting an RMC instead.

Although I would love to see a Zamperla launched flyer someday to see the reactions!

Kind of random and early post but how do you guys think opening day crowds will be this year? Expect anything too stupid? Assuming nothing new in the normal park do you guys think the park will be just like a normal weekday in June? Thanks guys!

but factor in the crappy ops

I think this is the first time I've heard this said about CP

It's usually bad at the beginning of the season because a lot of new employees are still trying to figure out their job, and get into the routine of things.

I was there Opening Day last year, and yeah, not a stellar day for park operations all around. I've been in years past, and it hasn't been terrible... However, I feel like the park in general has been getting more crowded than it used to be 10 years ago even. Weekdays in May and the last week of August used to be dead, but now they still maintain a healthy amount of guests, though there are still dead days (such as the Thursday in May last year where I never waited more than 12 minutes for Valravn!)

Opening day sucks. Large numbers of rides not operating because they just didn't finish setting them up and getting them certified or they're way understaffed, staffing itself is not yet competent, and the weather trends towards being lousy. I wish I didn't feel that way, but I almost never go and feel satisfied. Also last year's "preview day" was a disaster with there being an hour+ of traffic just to get into the park, which was already full of people from Ohio State Day but only a fraction of the rides open.