TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Let the speculation begin as to what kind of element this hill will be!

Looks like a wave turn to me.

If you view the picture at full resolution, you clearly can see the track ledgers placement for the rails. It is clearly an outward banked turn, not an wave turn. My guess is that it's an outward banked turn into an dive barrel roll as Storm Chaser first drop at KK. I'm guessing this because of the wood placement for the following ledger is higher than the one before it going down the drop, and that's a sign of the structure being readying for a overhead beam that's needed to support the barrel roll. You also can see the second to next wooden post that does not have a metal ledger also being higher than the last metal ledger. This is truly going to be a kick ass ride if my prediction is accurate.

Would love to see a roll down that hill a la Storm Chaser / Medusa... which someone immediately before me clearly said, but I was in such a hurry to be super-insightful that I didn't finish reading that post. So, now here I sit, editing my post to call out my stupidity and clearly unable to find a way to delete it.

Dang.

^ perhaps the unpainted rails on those other coasters was just a temporary solution while RMC did some R&D on a more durabe paint finish?

Either way, the new pic of the outward banked 3rd hill looks dazzling. If it really does lead into a.drop inversion, as some have speculated, then holy sweet flying crap!

I'm hoping someone goes to battery park either this afternoon or tomorrow for an updated report on where they are at. I'm curious to see how TNaMS exits that outward airtime hill. The idea of a storm runner type drop sounds intriguing, but I'm good with this ride just packing in as much airtime as possible.

I am just going to post this again as it would appear there are more stupid people in the world that we didn't get a chance to filter out. (Don't worry, they are gone now...)

Ok so I should just make one thing pretty clear here..

ANYONE WHO POSTS A CONSTRUCTION PHOTO OF MEAN STREAK, REGARDLESS IF IT IS YOUR PHOTO OR NOT, WILL BE BANNED FROM TPR FOREVER.

Is that clear?

Good.

The only exception to this would be if Cedar Point themselves releases official construction photos or if someone from Cedar Point takes you to the construction site and makes it VERY CLEAR TO EVERYONE that it is ok to take said photo.

It makes more sense to me to change the link under the thread title: "NO MEAN STREAK PHOTOS" instead of "Season details announced!"

Thanks. When you start your own forum you're welcome to make the subtitles and featured links be whatever you want them to be! Why should I go out of my way to have to mitigate stupidity on the forums? The forums are here to announce what is new and upcoming at the parks, not to have to announce "don't be stupid" because, instead of having to post that, here's a better, simpler idea: Don't be stupid.

Edited by robbalvey

I know patience can be a tough thing, but keep in mind, it will all pay off when the park makes an official announcement. The truth is, be respectful of Rob's orders; respect the park's rules (and that goes for any park); and be patient. It's that simple. All we know is that this coaster is going to kick all sorts of butt.

Unfortunately we had to cut out our trip to Cedar Point this year due to budget limits and time. At least this makes another excuse to visit next year

If anyone's really that desperate to see Mean Streak photos—whether or not they are taken legally—there are plenty of places on the Internet for that. Just accept the fact that TPR isn't one of them.

FYI - This is equally as stupid of a post as posting pictures. Seriously, why are people SO FUCKING STUPID over this?!?! I just can't comprehend it and it hurts my brain.